Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The UNCONDITIONAL promises to Israel were fulfilled in Christ (Lk 24:25-27, 44-45, John 5:39-40, Gal. 3:7-8, 16).

Question: Do those verses teach that Jehovah has taken what has been promised to the Jews and given them to the Christian church?

Answer: No. Those verses do not teach that God had changed His mind on anything.

You may be interested in knowing that I'm not at all impressed with your ability to interpret Scripture, your teaching ministry or your ability to look into the heart of someone you have never met and determine their need for judgment.

Upvote 0

thomas15

Be Thou my vision
Supporter
Apr 18, 2019
Lehighton
✟57,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since your modern, ungodly, secular and Christ-hater Israel fits this scripture like a glove, you are guilty of supporting those who hate the Lord.

Repent!

William Lefranc

May I ask, What am I supposed to repent for? Believing the actual words of the Holy Bible? Is that somehow no longer allowed?

Upvote 0

William Lefranc

Aug 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟22,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Question: Do those verses teach that Jehovah has taken what has been promised to the Jews and given them to the Christian church?

Answer: No. Those verses do not teach that God had changed His mind on anything.

You may be interested in knowing that I'm not at all impressed with your ability to interpret Scripture, your teaching ministry or your ability to look into the heart of someone you have never met and determine their need for judgment.

Your question is somewhat misplaced. I have never said God changed His mind. The Lamb was slain before the foundation of the world (Rev. 13:8b)

What I said was that all the promises of God to Israel were fulfilled in Christ who was God's appointed Messiah for them. Whoever among Israel received, embraced and believed in Messiah, received the promise of the Holy Spirit, the forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life.

Since Christ or Messiah was given to undo the sin of Adam, Christ's atonement extended to all of creation but began with Israel first (Mat. 10:6, 15:24, Acts 2:36, Heb. 8:8, 10).

Rom. 8:9 says, "... he who does not have the Spirit of CHRIST or MESSIAH, does not belong to Him."

As an example, Abraham the believer was called the father of faith, not the father of Israel,

Romans 4:6–13 (NKJV)
6 "Just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.” (Ps. 32:1)

9 Does this blessedness then come upon the circumcised only, or upon the uncircumcised also? For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness.
10 How then was it accounted? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised.
11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,
12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of the faith which our father Abraham had while still uncircumcised.
13 For the promise that he would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith."

I just hope you meditate on these scriptures and consider that Jesus was the end of the law for Israel for righteousness to everyone who believed (Ro. 10:4).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Your question is somewhat misplaced. I have never said God changed His mind. The Lamb was slain before the foundation of the world (Rev. 13:8b)

What I said was that all the promises of God to Israel were fulfilled in Christ who was God's appointed Messiah for them. Whoever among Israel received, embraced and believed in Messiah, received the promise of the Holy Spirit, the forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life.

Since Christ or Messiah was given to undo the sin of Adam, Christ's atonement extended to all of creation but began with Israel first (Mat. 10:6, 15:24, Acts 2:36, Heb. 8:8, 10).

Rom. 8:9 says, "... he who does not have the Spirit of CHRIST or MESSIAH, does not belong to Him."

As an example, Abraham the believer was called the father of faith, not the father of Israel,

Romans 4:6–13 (NKJV)
6 "Just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.” (Ps. 32:1)

9 Does this blessedness then come upon the circumcised only, or upon the uncircumcised also? For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness.
10 How then was it accounted? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised.
11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,
12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of the faith which our father Abraham had while still uncircumcised.
13 For the promise that he would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith."

I just hope you meditate on these scriptures and consider that Jesus was the end of the law for Israel for righteousness to everyone who believed (Ro. 10:4).

The claim that "all the promises of God WERE fulfilled in Christ" is manifestly false. For there are MANY promises of God that have not yet been fulfilled. Some of these unfulfilled promises were made to the ancient nation of Israel, and others of them were made to us. But the point is that "There remains therefore a rest for the people of God."Hebrews 4:9

So there are indeed promises of God that have not yet been fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Terral

Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
✟21,357.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Dan:

Hmmm. You made a strange statement here:

Hi and I will always say that dispensationalist are as divided as all other theology. Like , there are only 2 dispensations mentioned in the bible , not 7! #1 One is the dispensation that Paul taught in Rom 16:25 and 26 , Col 1:25 and 26 !! #2 The only other one is in Eph 1:10 , the dispensation of the FULNESS OF TIMES , and believe that others are called AGES / AIONS !! dan p

Holy!! The three primary dispensations of Scripture (there are many many more) are:

1. Israel of the flesh to whom the OT, Prophets and the Law were given through Moses.
2. The Prophetic (Hosea 2:19-20) Kingdom Bride (John 3:29) including Peter, John, James, Cornelius and everyone preaching the "Gospel of the Kingdom" in the Four Gospels and early Acts (like Acts 8:12).
3. The Mystery Body of Christ to whom the Apostle Paul writes (1Cor. 12:27, Col. 1:24-28, etc.).

Three Witnesses Temple for book.jpg

The three parts of the bible (OT), Pauline Epistles and Kingdom NT Epistles are written "to" these three completely different households with Scripture laid out exactly in the image of a man; like the Tabernacle of Moses and the Temple. These three dispensations do not include earthly dispensations like the 6th day people from Genesis 1:26-28 (Chinese, Aborigines, Indians Peoples all rH+ exclusive and beardless) the sons of Ishmael, Esau, etc., those piloting the "chariots of fire" (2Kings 2:10-11) taking Elijah to heaven, the angels, cherubs, Archangels, etc.. God has been in the Creator business for an infinite amount of time and God has relationships with many many hosts from dispensations never mentioned in the Holy Scriptures. To insist there are only two (there are thousands and thousands) seems a bit shortsighted...

Get more info in the Scripture Section at https://www.terral03.com if interested.

Blessings,

Terral

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dan:

Hmmm. You made a strange statement here:

Holy!! The three primary dispensations of Scripture (there are many many more) are:

1. Israel of the flesh to whom the OT, Prophets and the Law were given through Moses.
2. The Prophetic (Hosea 2:19-20) Kingdom Bride (John 3:29) including Peter, John, James, Cornelius and everyone preaching the "Gospel of the Kingdom" in the Four Gospels and early Acts (like Acts 8:12).
3. The Mystery Body of Christ to whom the Apostle Paul writes (1Cor. 12:27, Col. 1:24-28, etc.).

View attachment 267677
The three parts of the bible (OT), Pauline Epistles and Kingdom NT Epistles are written "to" these three completely different households with Scripture laid out exactly in the image of a man; like the Tabernacle of Moses and the Temple. These three dispensations do not include earthly dispensations like the 6th day people from Genesis 1:26-28 (Chinese, Aborigines, Indians Peoples all rH+ exclusive and beardless) the sons of Ishmael, Esau, etc., those piloting the "chariots of fire" (2Kings 2:10-11) taking Elijah to heaven, the angels, cherubs, Archangels, etc.. God has been in the Creator business for an infinite amount of time and God has relationships with many many hosts from dispensations never mentioned in the Holy Scriptures. To insist there are only two (there are thousands and thousands) seems a bit shortsighted...

Get more info in the Scripture Section at https://www.terral03.com if interested.

Blessings,

Terral

Hi and good to see here again , sorry , but Paul is the ONLY one that writes about the DISPENSATION OF THE GRACE OF GOD in Eph 1:10 the Dispensation of the FULNESS of TIMES and Eph 3:2-5 !!

Except in Luke 16:2 , 3 , 4 and the Greek word is DISPENSATION and the KJV translates it

STEWARDSHIP , what think you about this verse in Luke ?

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There are some Dispies among the Reformed; for example, John MacArthur.

There's no doctrinal reason for them not be Dispensational.

I think some people are put off from it by the crazy fringe; those who keep trying to set a date for the return for Christ, those who want to read news headlines as if they are prophetic tea leaves, and those who want to say that the path of salvation for Israel is different than the path for the Gentiles. In other words, they're gotten burnt and burnt out over the Hal Lindseys, the Harold Campings, the Jonathon Cahns, and the John Hagees.

But if one sets aside that all-too-loud-and-popular fringe and takes Dispensationalism seriously, I really can't see any serious biblical objections to it.
online I think it was other teachings he taught that are not at all in line with life in Christ Jesus. not related to dispensationalism.

Upvote 0

Terral

Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
✟21,357.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Dan:

Thank you for writing. You wrote

Hi and good to see here again , sorry , but Paul is the ONLY one that writes about the DISPENSATION OF THE GRACE OF GOD in Eph 1:10 the Dispensation of the Fullness of TIMES and Eph 3:2-5 !!

Except in Luke 16:2 , 3 , 4 and the Greek word is DISPENSATION and the KJV translates it

STEWARDSHIP , what think you about this verse in Luke ?

dan p

The rich man-manager was unfit to be a good "steward." Anyone ever to be employed in a union (like me: vested journeyman bricklayer Local #1 Minnesota) understands the meaning of a shop steward placed above other card-holding union members as their representative. Moses, Peter and Paul represent their different "households" (dispensations) where God deals with different dispensations (households) in different ways. Israel is under Mosaic Law (dispensed through Moses) like Peter Prophetic Kingdom "bride" (John 3:29) called via the "Gospel of the Kingdom." Members of Christ's Body called and saved via the "Gospel of the Grace of God" are under Paul's stewardship over the "Dispensation of God's Grace" (Ephesians 3:2), which everyone posting in the "Dispensations" Forum should realize.

Blessings,

Terral

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dan:

Thank you for writing. You wrote

The rich man-manager was unfit to be a good "steward." Anyone ever to be employed in a union (like me: vested journeyman bricklayer Local #1 Minnesota) understands the meaning of a shop steward placed above other card-holding union members as their representative. Moses, Peter and Paul represent their different "households" (dispensations) where God deals with different dispensations (households) in different ways. Israel is under Mosaic Law (dispensed through Moses) like Peter Prophetic Kingdom "bride" (John 3:29) called via the "Gospel of the Kingdom." Members of Christ's Body called and saved via the "Gospel of the Grace of God" are under Paul's stewardship over the "Dispensation of God's Grace" (Ephesians 3:2), which everyone posting in the "Dispensations" Forum should realize.

Blessings,

Terral

Hi TERRAL good that you are back , for one !!

What the Luke 16:2 ,3 ,4 Just means that there Greek words that have more than one meaning !!
So far this is bthe one time that I have found that Paul did not write the Greek word OIKONOMIA , where OIKOS MEANS house and NOMOS means LAW , and check VINE'S Dictionary ans see !!

I believe that OIKONOMIA means HOUSE LAW except in Luke 16:2,3 , 4 !!

All other time , I believe uses the Greek AGES / AION !!

dan p

Upvote 0