Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Christianity robbed me of my independence, robbed me of my freedom, robbed me of my better judgment, robbed me of my mental health, robbed me of my confidence, robbed me of my creativity, robbed me and left me for dead.

Christianity made me believe I was useless, made me believe I was sick, made me believe I was an awful person, made me believe I was lost, made me believe that if I didn't believe I would go to the flame's of hell.

But who dares question the Almighty, but who dares put God on trial, but who dares to say the cross is a lie, but who dares risking their immortal soul.

I dare

Because if you don't

You just don't care.

Last edited:

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,125,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh and by the way thank you for letting me have my freedom of speech.

You're welcome. Everyone who interacts with Christianity has a different experience with "it," so I don't know why you wouldn't be allowed to express your own struggles with it here (within reason). :cool:

Reactions: ItIsFinished!
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sounds like you have experienced the lies from the enemy, like we all do i assume. Each morning Gods mercy is new however. No matter how bad i fail today i can always get back up in the morning new. What hope do i have without the Lord? No eternal life, no love, peace or joy. I have problems too, i have my struggles but without God what hope is there? God is my joy because this world has turned bitter tasting.

Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Christianity robbed me of my independence, robbed me of my freedom, robbed me of my better judgment, robbed me of my mental health, robbed me of my confidence, robbed me of my creativity, robbed me and left me for dead.

Christianity made me believe I was useless, made me believe I was sick, made me believe I was an awful person, made me believe I was lost, made me believe that if I didn't believe I would go to the flame's of hell.

But who dares question the Almighty, but who dares put God on trial, but who dares to say the cross is a lie, but who dares risking their immortal soul.

I dare

Became if you don't

You just don't care.
The same EXACT thing happened to me, and know this, I most certainly care. I'm exposing Christianity for what it is today, and it's a real beast. These people think they've got things figured out....sure, every hardened heart thinks they've got things figured out. I certainly felt that way when I was in strip clubs, getting thoroughly wasted and going from chick to chick. All the while, I always felt that I was safe and secure, in the arms of Jesus. That's what "Christianity" did for me. Man, there are millions suffering exactly as you are. I'm doing something about it.

Be strong! After today, I am pretty much ordering you to no longer find your self-worth or value in any human being that is not an authority. No more. You just cannot base your self-worth upon those that are far more sick than you ever were. You're not sick! No! It's those that were surrounding you that watched you weaken and fall. No church is to allow weakness of it's members....ever! So that is not your fault. You struggled because those around you were struggling even more! Look, they didn't have the answers for you. And, I'll bet they rarely showed love, but instead pointed out your weaknesses and behaviors behind your back.

Don't worry, God will repay those that gave you a false gospel and placed you on the wrong path. PM me and we'll make sure you get off of this roller coaster asap! You've suffered enough; I am absolutely on your side; we can fix this quickly.

I believe in you! And, I believe that God does too!

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know what brand of Christianity you were involved in, but I have a few friends that were involved in churches that called themselves Amish or Methodist, but were more cult-ish, which sounds more like what you're describing.

And if you think that Christianity makes you go to hell, then the best thing I can tell you to do is pick up a copy of Diary of St. Faustina. It's a detailed diary of a nun's personal struggles & conversations with God, and can be opened up to a random page to read a few paragraphs when you're short on time; just a few bucks on Amazon for a used paperback.

“[Jesus said,] ‘I am love and Mercy Itself. There is no misery that could be a match for My mercy, neither will misery exhaust it, because as it is being granted – it increases. The soul that trusts in My mercy is most fortunate, because I Myself take care of it.’” (1273, page 459)

14 Of The Most Inspiring Quotes from St. Faustina's Diary

• Agree
Reactions: I am who I am
Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't know what brand of Christianity you were involved in
Pretty much any church that relates to "Christ". I'm asserting that until I see a church that is legitimately real, there cannot be more than a handful on earth. I'd be surprised if the person who created this thread would disagree.

Upvote 0

I am who I am

Nov 17, 2018
Selma
✟8,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I dare

Because if you don't

You just don't care.
I am so sorry you feel this way. I don't know what sort of "christianity" you were taught but it doesn't sound like you were treated well. Please, do not let that experience be your eternal guide. God does have laws and there are punishments but He is also wise and loving, and just. He offers forgiveness and eternal love. We are His children and He will punish us for our sins but He will also FORGIVE. As many times as the grains of sand on the ocean's floor. We must repent and try not to sin again in the same way but He knows our struggles and He offers guidance. Unfortunately, we are all born into sin as the world is full of it but through His grace we can find forgiveness and everlasting love.

Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I am so sorry you feel this way. I don't know what sort of "christianity" you were taught but it doesn't sound like you were treated well. Please, do not let that experience be your eternal guide. God does have laws and there are punishments but He is also wise and loving, and just. He offers forgiveness and eternal love. We are His children and He will punish us for our sins but He will also FORGIVE. As many times as the grains of sand on the ocean's floor. We must repent and try not to sin again in the same way but He knows our struggles and He offers guidance. Unfortunately, we are all born into sin as the world is full of it but through His grace we can find forgiveness and everlasting love.
Great job! We absolutely must handle folks like this with gentle care. To be honest, guys like he and myself are sick of hypocrisy, so only the strong and wise ought respond. Again, great post wise one!

Upvote 0

I am who I am

Nov 17, 2018
Selma
✟8,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great job! We absolutely must handle folks like this with gentle care. To be honest, guys like he and myself are sick of hypocrisy, so only the strong and wise ought respond. Again, great post wise one!
Thank you... though I do not consider myself "wise one". I just Know God's love and mercy and I know He gave the life of His only son through a turturous death so that we may seek His love and forgiveness. I took a friend of mine to a church once because he wanted to experience sifferent religions. He was still learning who he was spiritually. We sat down in the congregation and, though I'd been to this church many times before, the preacher saw a new face in the crowd and said "There is someone in this room today who does not know our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and I am here to tell you today that, if you are not saved God hates you"... I knew my friend was the only new face that day and I turned to him and told him it was time to go. We were teenagers so I didn't know I could stand up and rebuke what that preacher had said. I was taught to respect my elders and my pastor... but this man was not really my pastor. I was also searching because my pastor had retired. My friend didn't know what I was doing and he didn't feel right about being rude enough to stand up and walk out as I had instructed. I became more forceful and he finally listened to me. He didn't understand what was wrong. The second we were outside I told him why I had made him leave. I told him that what that preacher had said was WRONG. God loves us ALL. The souls that are lost are loved even more and He mourns for their return! I would not tolerate my friend being led astray when he was just learning! He deserved the truth! He deserved to know that God LOVES him! His parents didn't care... his grandparents didn't care... he had hardly anyone in life and I wasn't about to sit by and let some man lead him wrong with words like that! He needed to know he had value! As a person, as a friend, as a christian... He needed to know he was loved and deserved to receive love as he so freely gave it! Today, he has a lovely wife, a good job, and several children. We don't see each other anymore as sometimes is the case but he knows his self worth now. He knows God for real! THAT is what should be taught!!! THAT is what EVERYONE deserves to know! Sorry, I'm a little emotional right now. I can't stand to see anyone TORN DOWN from what they were taught is "christianity". Through true Christians and God's true word, you should be lifted up and made whole!

• Winner
Reactions: Thess
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you... though I do not consider myself "wise one". I just Know God's love and mercy and I know He gave the life of His only son through a turturous death so that we may seek His love and forgiveness. I took a friend of mine to a church once because he wanted to experience sifferent religions. He was still learning who he was spiritually. We sat down in the congregation and, though I'd been to this church many times before, the preacher saw a new face in the crowd and said "There is someone in this room today who does not know our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and I am here to tell you today that, if you are not saved God hates you"... I knew my friend was the only new face that day and I turned to him and told him it was time to go. We were teenagers so I didn't know I could stand up and rebuke what that preacher had said. I was taught to respect my elders and my pastor... but this man was not really my pastor. I was also searching because my pastor had retired. My friend didn't know what I was doing and he didn't feel right about being rude enough to stand up and walk out as I had instructed. I became more forceful and he finally listened to me. He didn't understand what was wrong. The second we were outside I told him why I had made him leave. I told him that what that preacher had said was WRONG. God loves us ALL. The souls that are lost are loved even more and He mourns for their return! I would not tolerate my friend being led astray when he was just learning! He deserved the truth! He deserved to know that God LOVES him! His parents didn't care... his grandparents didn't care... he had hardly anyone in life and I wasn't about to sit by and let some man lead him wrong with words like that! He needed to know he had value! As a person, as a friend, as a christian... He needed to know he was loved and deserved to receive love as he so freely gave it! Today, he has a lovely wife, a good job, and several children. We don't see each other anymore as sometimes is the case but he knows his self worth now. He knows God for real! THAT is what should be taught!!! THAT is what EVERYONE deserves to know! Sorry, I'm a little emotional right now. I can't stand to see anyone TORN DOWN from what they were taught is "christianity". Through true Christians and God's true word, you should be lifted up and made whole!

Don't ever apologize for this kind of love and passion! That is exactly what God wants to see in each of us! He loves it when we stand up for, and fight for each other! If we would learn to do this, we wouldn't have Stephen Paddocks in this world. Wake up people! Wake up and be more like "I am who I am"!!!!

Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Okay... I am officially embarrassed... but I appreciate the support.
Nah, you're fully qualified to look at anyone with intense leadership skills and say, "Look at me. Look at how I'm handling things. Follow me and you'll be fine".

I challenge you to start thinking that way and find the right moments when God would like you to say exactly those words. They're powerfully motivating when you believe what you're saying. With the power of belief, you can really compel people in great, great ways! But in order to do this, you must be fully confident. A fully confident person is one who spends very little time thinking about him/herself. Think about that for a while. It's so important!

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The same EXACT thing happened to me, and know this, I most certainly care. I'm exposing Christianity for what it is today, and it's a real beast. These people think they've got things figured out....sure, every hardened heart thinks they've got things figured out. I certainly felt that way when I was in strip clubs, getting thoroughly wasted and going from chick to chick. All the while, I always felt that I was safe and secure, in the arms of Jesus. That's what "Christianity" did for me. Man, there are millions suffering exactly as you are. I'm doing something about it.

Be strong! After today, I am pretty much ordering you to no longer find your self-worth or value in any human being that is not an authority. No more. You just cannot base your self-worth upon those that are far more sick than you ever were. You're not sick! No! It's those that were surrounding you that watched you weaken and fall. No church is to allow weakness of it's members....ever! So that is not your fault. You struggled because those around you were struggling even more! Look, they didn't have the answers for you. And, I'll bet they rarely showed love, but instead pointed out your weaknesses and behaviors behind your back.

Don't worry, God will repay those that gave you a false gospel and placed you on the wrong path. PM me and we'll make sure you get off of this roller coaster asap! You've suffered enough; I am absolutely on your side; we can fix this quickly.

I believe in you! And, I believe that God does too!
Look at the Bible does it not say these thing's about us. The reason Christians say such demeaning thing's about unbelievers is that it's what their taught by the Bible.

Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Look at the Bible does it not say these thing's about us. The reason Christians say such demeaning thing's about unbelievers is that it's what their taught by the Bible.
I'm interested in what you mean. Can you explain yourself a little more?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I'm interested in what you mean. Can you explain yourself a little more?
How many believer's use hell to threaten people, if the idea of hell wasn't in the Bible then how would the believer use it against people. How many believer's use the idea of sin nature to classify each person they meet, if the idea of sin nature wasn't in the Bible how would the believer classify people as sinners.

Since Christian's believe in these thing's and many other verses that demoralizes them and their character, it's not the Christian who's saying those thing's it is the Bible.

Right?

Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
How many believer's use hell to threaten people, if the idea of hell wasn't in the Bible then how would the believer use it against people. How many believer's use the idea of sin nature to classify each person they meet, if the idea of sin nature wasn't in the Bible how would the believer classify people as sinners.

Since Christian's believe in these thing's and many other verses that demoralizes them and their character, it's not the Christian who's saying those thing's it is the Bible.

Right?
I think I see what you're saying. Well, what would you suggest that a person do or say when another person won't wake up when they desperately need to? Most people who are living a life of sin don't respond to patience and kindness, unfortunately.

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I think I see what you're saying. Well, what would you suggest that a person do or say when another person won't wake up when they desperately need to? Most people who are living a life of sin don't respond to patience and kindness, unfortunately.
Easy, don't believe thing's that tear people down.

Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Easy, don't believe thing's that tear people down.
I agree with you. I'd really like to see you teach these people a few things. Tell us what you want to say. I can handle it. Tell "Christians" what it is that they're doing wrong. Tell us how we're hypocrites? If no one tells us, we'll never wake up. So I guess that I am asking you to tear us down so that we can wake up and hear you better.

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I agree with you. I'd really like to see you teach these people a few things. Tell us what you want to say. I can handle it. Tell "Christians" what it is that they're doing wrong. Tell us how we're hypocrites? If no one tells us, we'll never wake up. So I guess that I am asking you to tear us down so that we can wake up and hear you better.
That's very nice of you or anyone to want to understand why Christianity doesn't seem to help people like me. But could it help really help me? It should, because it's the truth.

But for some reason it didn't, no matter how much I wanted it to work for me it didn't. That being said I think the problem is the ideas in the Bible, that they permit people to think in a fashion that inevitably destroys their humaneness. It's easy to lose touch with yourself when you believe you're a dirty, filthy sinner.

As for what I think is wrong with Christians I could say so many thing's. I have in the past but it's really up to the believer to investigate their own belief's honestly, even if that means they end up proving their own beliefs wrong.

• Winner
Reactions: Thess
Upvote 0