Debate-For MJ's Only The rapture - what happens, and when?

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting, but I was simply asking if everyone here believes people die and stay dead until the resurrection.
I do, as far as believers in Messiah Yeshua are concerned.

• Informative
Reactions: chunkofcoal
Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Since to 'taste death' is written about in Judaism, it would be better to read about it in Jewish writings. I did a quick read about it and would rather think about life.

Are you saying everyone has to die for their sin? What about Yeshua dying for our sins? What about this?:
Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

And if "After every man has received his just payment for his sin which is death, "death has been swallowed up in victory" does that mean at some point people have to stop reproducing? Or that everyone dies off?
Our G-d is a consuming fire, normally before food is consumed it is tasted or chewed up. Yeshua tasted death, as it is written "death is swallowed up in victory." Perishable must clothe itself with imperishable, mortality with immortality (1 Corinthians 15:53). The Pharisees desired to kill Lazarus, but Lazarus has already died and was buried, they took off his grave clothes(John 11:44). Lazarus was clothed with righteous garments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Interesting, but I was simply asking if everyone here believes people die and stay dead until the resurrection.
"Perishable must clothe itself with imperishable, mortality with immortality" (1 Corinthians 15:53) Yeshua left his grave clothes inside the tomb (John 20:7) Yeshua clothed himself in righteous garments.

Upvote 0