The Rapture President?!

Gary Downey

Nov 28, 2015
✟15,768.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How can you be sure that "the Rapture is due any time now"? People have been saying that for 2000 years.
Come on people... The rapture is a nineteenth century invention. The rapture fallacy has not been around for 2000 years. John Nelson Darby came up with this concoction in the 1800's. What you really should have said is "people have been saying that for about 150 years. Matt 24:11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people (like John Darby?). Heb 13:9 Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. So, so many are carried away by all kinds of strange teachings like the Rapture. Jesus Christ is not coming three times my friends. He came over 2000 years ago and He will come one more time at the end of time, period. Stop with these strange teaching for Heaven's sake.

Upvote 0

Gary Downey

Nov 28, 2015
✟15,768.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, after the Rapture probably, the king from the north with Iran and Turkey, Libya, and Syria and probably a part of Europe will come to attack Israel.

It is a little hard to imagine the US after the Rapture, and many countries though as the Christians will be missing! I would guess that globalism will be strong in that day.

Many believers feel that the world will come up with the story that aliens dunnit. (took the millions of people). When demons get tossed to earth from space, I guess that will fit their story also.
What Nonsense!

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Three

Great trib is the wrath of Satan. The day of the lord (vials) is the wrath of God...post trib, pre wrath "changing from mortal to immortal in the twinkling of an eye" @ the last trump
Hi Bruce I appreciate support from someone who holds the prewrath view. We have more in common than most who disagree on eschatology. I respect a view that is derived from believing Gods word will be as He said. We see the 2nd coming and reign, rise of anti chirst the two witnesses the mark of the beast coming and so much more the same. The differences we have in timing and definition of when is it Gods wrath verses Satan's wrath are minor. Thanks for sharing your opinion. I have respect for your views.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, after the Rapture probably, the king from the north with Iran and Turkey, Libya, and Syria and probably a part of Europe will come to attack Israel.

It is a little hard to imagine the US after the Rapture, and many countries though as the Christians will be missing! I would guess that globalism will be strong in that day.

Many believers feel that the world will come up with the story that aliens dunnit. (took the millions of people). When demons get tossed to earth from space, I guess that will fit their story also.

Did you know that Babylon, the Meds and Persians, Greece and Rome all attacked Israel from the North.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ is not coming three times my friends. He came over 2000 years ago and He will come one more time at the end of time, period. Stop with these strange teaching for Heaven's sake.

Technically you are correct, his feet will touch the earth only twice, 2000 years ago and when New Jerusalem is brought to this earth at the second Resurrection. However he does come back at the first resurrection and the dead in Christ and those that are alive in Christ will be caught up in the air with him. So that is three times that Jesus leaves Heaven to come to this earth.

Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
Come on people... The rapture is a nineteenth century invention. The rapture fallacy has not been around for 2000 years. John Nelson Darby came up with this concoction in the 1800's. What you really should have said is "people have been saying that for about 150 years. Matt 24:11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people (like John Darby?). Heb 13:9 Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. So, so many are carried away by all kinds of strange teachings like the Rapture. Jesus Christ is not coming three times my friends. He came over 2000 years ago and He will come one more time at the end of time, period. Stop with these strange teaching for Heaven's sake.
Paul beat em to it. Unless you are hung up on the word Rapture, new word for an old concept.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Bruce I appreciate support from someone who holds the prewrath view. We have more in common than most who disagree on eschatology. I respect a view that is derived from believing Gods word will be as He said. We see the 2nd coming and reign, rise of anti chirst the two witnesses the mark of the beast coming and so much more the same. The differences we have in timing and definition of when is it Gods wrath verses Satan's wrath are minor. Thanks for sharing your opinion. I have respect for your views.
If either of you had a case I might respect it too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
Did you know that Babylon, the Meds and Persians, Greece and Rome all attacked Israel from the North.
Not with the specific countries listed. Also the final king of the north is more specific, and Rome and Greece are not it. The time of the invasion is also clearly set, and that time was impossible to have been in the past.

Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
Plot twist...

It's currently the Hebrew calendar year 5776, the one which God's timeline is based off of. The Rapture and "end times" will happen at the end of mans "6000 lease" as it were so we have another 224+ years to go.
Serve God and sit tight.
No. The age of the earth does not set the time of the end. Also, why would I trust a calendar that doesn't even know what year the Savior came?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
True but He uses man all the time in the Bible as His instruments doesn't He?
Yes. But man does not stop prophesy, or change it. Think of prophesy in this way, God is watching on the other side of time already and reports what happens. WE do not need people to affect things beforehand, or act wrong or right, the outcome is certain already and reported. There are trillions of possibilities that have to all line up, impossible to predict by man and normal processes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Just a simple examination of Israel is pretty conclusive evidence that we are almost certainly at the end.

Gen 6:3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."

2017-120= 1897

The FIRST Zionist Congress was held by Theodor Herzl Calling for a state of Israel.

This marks the beginning of the fulfillment of the dry bones prophecy found in Ezekiel MANY orthodox rabbi's opposed the Zionist movement because it was a secular movement and they were looking to scripture where Messiah would gather the children of Jacob to Israel.

Everyone knows that certain numbers have biblical significance.... 70 (number of the nations) 40 and 50

2017-70= 1947

Israel is given its nation status by the UN.

2017-50= 1967

50 is a Jubilee This one happens to fall as the first jubilee after the 6 day war. It also marks when Jerusalem will be cut off and trodden under foot by gentiles.

2017-100=1917 which is when the Balfour Declaration occurred which is when Great Britain recognized the need for a Jewish State. This marks 2 Jubilee's from that date... the first jubilee from this date (1917) was the beginning of the 6 day war.

15 years ago NO ONE saw the rise of Islam in its radical state and they want to eradicate Israel and the US off the map and out of existence.

Marry all that with the events in the heavens on Sept 23rd of 2017 and things start to get a bit difficult to ignore.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
For many Christians in society today, it is the case of the frog in the slowly heating water - they have failed to notice how much social values & attitudes today are an affront to God.
Hi Brother ..I agree with that last statement. Over the course of many centuries we have made the gospel about MAN, not God and His Christ. We have made the story about the prodigal son about the son and not the SON ( The Word of God made flesh ) As one example, regarding Christian women from Titus 2:5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. So that the Word of God be not blasphemed. What about my career ? How can we afford the house payment , the vacations , the cars and appliances without two incomes ? " Johnny" is an all star on the basketball team at the "Christian Academy " ...We both must work so he can get a scholarship to a major " Christian College " . Christian Cheerleaders in inmodest attire are waiting to be raptured up in front of a Holy God ? ( While leaving the ungodly cheerleaders dressed exactly alike behind ? ) And when we kneel before a Holy God after the rapture and He ask us what are our plans for the 401K we also left behind seeing how we were hoping to retire on it ? It is of no use in heaven and will only testify against us according to the book of James. The scriptures say that where there is no vision, the people perish. I believe we have become Americans that carry the name of Christ but we will kneel before His unchangeable WORD. " Lord , make my brother divide my inheritance ..man , who made me a divider ? Beware of covetousness , for a man's life does not consist of his possessions. If you look in Psalms 106:34-39
They did not destroy the peoples as the Lord had commanded them,
35 but they mingled with the nations and adopted their customs.
36 They worshiped their idols, which became a snare to them.
37 They sacrificed their sons and their daughters to false gods.
38 They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan, and the land was desecrated by their blood. 39 They defiled themselves by what they did; by their deeds they prostituted themselves. Obviously we as Christians are not to literally destroy the people but as we die to self , we teach others to die to self , thus destroying them metaphorically .
If Covetousness is the sin of idolatry, how have we not done the same thing to our children and very very potentially sacrificed their eternal well being by teaching by example of loving "stuff" which perishes ? How are we any different than the world in our pursuit of the "world" ? and yet we hoped to be raptured ? No , the treasures we left behind will eat our flesh like fire I am afraid. I hope we are not raptured. We will not "fit in " with our early brothers and sisters ( and those currently in Muslim countries ) for whom following Christ cost them much if not all for many. Shall we show up with our theology , church attendance and "sinners prayer"? That will make a poor covering when the TRUTH shows up . May God help us believers to repent .

• Agree
Reactions: ken777
Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
What Nonsense!
Dear Brother ...I thank God for your commenting on this rapture nonsense. It is born of pride and keeps us from seeing our need for repentance . It is often tied to nationalism-patriotism , a feeling of entitlement and a push for a no cost evangelism. A false gospel propagated by those who may be deceived into "selling assurance of salvation thereby turning people into merchandise. Look at the story of the 10 virgins ...the 5 foolish were told to go to them which sell oil. It is striking that they were all virgins and betrothed to Christ but the 5 had let their light go out ....they probably had spent more time plugged into the world than into the VINE from which we receive our life.

Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
tell us who this is please
Well, there are various opinions, most assume it is Russia.

One thing we know, it is north!

serveimage

Now, since Turkey was already listed as one of the nations with the king of the north, one assumes it is not Turkey. Guess who that leaves?

Looking at the Scripture we see that the king of the north has nations coming WITH him.

1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, 3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: 4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: 5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: 6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jack Isaacks

Jan 24, 2017
Arizona
✟12,262.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The powers that be that seem to be aligning against the US president.

"97 US firms, including Apple & Google, lean on Trump travel ban in court"

97 US firms, including Apple & Google, lean on Trump travel ban in court

It would almost seem to make sense that a leader like that would be in the US at the time of the Rapture. Not that this is the case, but who really knows, could be, since the Rapture is due any time now. Almost like the mercy of the Lord. Some issues like pro life and other Christian values have been elevated again, after a long period of anti bible values being pushed from the top there.

If by some chance Trump were the Rapture President it makes sense that his rule would be quite temporary, and somewhat limited. (Because the evil powers will soon rule here in the end we are told . including a global government). Nevertheless, it is amazing that the government leaders at this moment anyhow, seem to be more on God's people's side than in the camp of the enemy of our souls.

Imagine a US and world where most of the government and people of the US were suddenly gone!

The Bible makes it clear there is no such thing as a pre-mill pre-trib rapture. Those waiting for it will be among the first to fall down and worship Antichrist!

However, I'm not one of those who say, "Where is the promise of His coming?" I believe that all the prophecies concerning this will be fulfilled at His Return.

But be warned: The Bible experts of some 2000 years ago worked out according to THEIR reading of the Scriptures what the Messiah would do when He came. The Messiah came, didn't follow their agenda, and so they rejected Him.

Don't make the same mistake.

Upvote 0