The Rapture President?!

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
The Bible makes it clear there is no such thing as a pre-mill pre-trib rapture. Those waiting for it will be among the first to fall down and worship Antichrist!
Not true. Even if the Rapture never comes when most expect it, believers have zero intention of following the punk leader. Where is the bible clear that Jesus will not raise us into the air?

However, I'm not one of those who say, "Where is the promise of His coming?" I believe that all the prophecies concerning this will be fulfilled at His Return.
His return to get us or His return to land on the mount...or when He destroys the wicked..? There is a sequence of events that are not covered in a one size fits all verse.

Do you believe in a real heaven? A real marriage supper of Jesus in heaven with us?

But be warned: The Bible experts of some 2000 years ago worked out according to THEIR reading of the Scriptures what the Messiah would do when He came. The Messiah came, didn't follow their agenda, and so they rejected Him.

Don't make the same mistake.
They actually were mostly ignorant of prophesy. They should have known, and some did. They did not reject Him because of anything Scripture said, but in spite of it.

Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
Dear Brother ...I thank God for your commenting on this rapture nonsense. It is born of pride and keeps us from seeing our need for repentance . It is often tied to nationalism-patriotism , a feeling of entitlement and a push for a no cost evangelism. A false gospel propagated by those who may be deceived into "selling assurance of salvation thereby turning people into merchandise. Look at the story of the 10 virgins ...the 5 foolish were told to go to them which sell oil. It is striking that they were all virgins and betrothed to Christ but the 5 had let their light go out ....they probably had spent more time plugged into the world than into the VINE from which we receive our life.
Actually it is born of reading the bible. Nothing to do with selling salvation.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actually it is born of reading the bible. Nothing to do with selling salvation.

If it is "born of reading the Bible," how's come it took 1850 years to find???

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Paul beat em to it. Unless you are hung up on the word Rapture, new word for an old concept.

Not in the Bible. Paul was describing the General Resurrection. Read your Bible more carefully and especially in context!

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not very sound to try and make God out to be a promise breaker and untrue just because you twist some hooker story.

Call me up when you learn the five working principles of a covenant relationship.

Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
If it is "born of reading the Bible," how's come it took 1850 years to find???
Paul talked about it lone ago, and referred to how it was known already. People did not start reading Scripture when you think. I suppose more people read the bible after the CATHOLIC MONOPOLY WAS BROKEN BY THE PRINTING PRESS AND SOME RIGHTEOUS DUDES.

Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
Not in the Bible. Paul was describing the General Resurrection. Read your Bible more carefully and especially in context!

The 'general' resurrection, and when is that supposed to be? Remember we are talking about believers here, not the great white throne judgment.

The marriage supper of the Lamb, you believe in that? That is in heaven. That comes before Jesus comes back to take care of business here, and take over the planet of course.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Paul talked about it lone ago, and referred to how it was known already. People did not start reading Scripture when you think. I suppose more people read the bible after the CATHOLIC MONOPOLY WAS BROKEN BY THE PRINTING PRESS AND SOME RIGHTEOUS DUDES.

What a completely fallacious answer. People learned the Scriptures from their pastors, starting at the very beginning. No pastor taught such an idea until 1850. There was no doctrine of a "Rapture of the Church" and even after the Protestant Rebellion broke away and started their own religion, Calvin, Luther, Zwingli, Huss, Knox, and others never taught such an idea. They surely read the Bible and they didn't see this mythological beast called "The Rapture."

BTW - Rebels are not referred to as "righteous dudes" in scripture. God said that rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. Rebellion against established authority is not a good thing in God's sight.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The 'general' resurrection, and when is that supposed to be? Remember we are talking about believers here, not the great white throne judgment.

The marriage supper of the Lamb, you believe in that? That is in heaven. That comes before Jesus comes back to take care of business here, and take over the planet of course.

Love reading your posts and reminding myself of the theological chaos out of which God called me. Great White Throne Judgment. Another Protestant fantasy. I see one Judgment spoken of in Scripture. Romans 2: 5-10, John 5: 28-29, Revelation 20:12, and Matthew 25:33-46 all appear to speak of one Judgment where all mankind appears before Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Call me when you realize God keeps His promises.

His promises are only good if the covenant is kept. The covenant promises are conditional, and conditioned upon A.) obedience to the covenant and B.) that a covenant exists. Since there is no longer an Old Covenant, the promises for the nation of Israel as a specific ethnic group being the special people of God, are over. They were transferred to the Church (Matthew 21: 33-46)

Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
What a completely fallacious answer. People learned the Scriptures from their pastors, starting at the very beginning.
Paul learned from Jesus. The church was corrupt both in the days of Jesus on earth, and after. The Catholics were torturers, killers, and thieves for the most part. So what 'pastors' are you talking about that the poor people had to get Scripture from exactly??

No pastor taught such an idea until 1850. There was no doctrine of a "Rapture of the Church" and even after the Protestant Rebellion broke away and started their own religion, Calvin, Luther, Zwingli, Huss, Knox, and others never taught such an idea. They surely read the Bible and they didn't see this mythological beast called "The Rapture."
The bible is clear that we will be caught in the air to meet Jesus, and the dead will go just before us. Not unbelievers but 'in Christ'. Trying to claim some phantom pastors invented the Scripture is laughable.

BTW - Rebels are not referred to as "righteous dudes" in scripture. God said that rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. Rebellion against established authority is not a good thing in God's sight.
False. We must rebel and disobey those that have power, such as the AntiChrist soon, or any rulers that defy Scripture and forbid preaching etc. They are the rebels! The rebel against God.

Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
His promises are only good if the covenant is kept.
Not promises that are not about keeping some so called covenant. God is not a man that He should lie, even if we are faithless, yet He is faithful. Mercy is mercy is mercy. We are told a remnant shall call on God in the end. They will be saved...all Israel even! (the survivors). Not because they were goody goody two shoes covenant keepers of some sort for generations!

Those who know the heart of God ought to know that.

Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
Love reading your posts and reminding myself of the theological chaos out of which God called me. Great White Throne Judgment. Another Protestant fantasy. I see one Judgment spoken of in Scripture. Romans 2: 5-10, John 5: 28-29, Revelation 20:12, and Matthew 25:33-46 all appear to speak of one Judgment where all mankind appears before Christ.
Well, then you have a very limited grasp of Scripture. The judgment seat of Christ is not the great judgment after the millennium. Neither is the judgments of God on the wicked in the last days the great judgment of the dead. Don't present yourself here as some sort of expert. Ridiculous.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, then you have a very limited grasp of Scripture. The judgment seat of Christ is not the great judgment after the millennium. Neither is the judgments of God on the wicked in the last days the great judgment of the dead. Don't present yourself here as some sort of expert. Ridiculous.
The irony in this post? Is probably pretty much off the scale. :wave:
tulc(is just guessing he wisely turned his irony meter off before coming here) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dosblade

Aug 5, 2013
✟20,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah.. for me.. when so many are saying crying out "God JUDGE THEM".. then I know its not God talking. Well God would tell them.. A My Judgement starts with YOU 1st! hehe..

The best has not even happen yet. God is out to SAVE this world. What ever man thinks.. matters not. God forgive..gave America another chance. Like in the OT where God looked for just ONE to stand in the gap so He would not have to judge a nation. Some stood in the gap for America. Repented. So what could have came HARD and SWIFT.. will now come softly...I believe.

The day is coming.. Christ told us.. HE went back to make us a home. And He would come back and get us/take us/receive us unto Him self so WHERE He is we will be. WHERE He goes we know and how.

That will happen no matter what any man says or how. He will come in the clouds.. we will hear a voice/shout/trump and dead will rise and we then will go with them to meet Christ in the AIR and then as it is written be with Him forever period. That is what I live each day with. This is the moment Christ will come. I am ready NOW. NOW is when Christ will come. Never tomorrow.

So YES I believe GODs hand was all over this. God put who HE wanted..not us. We WILL pray for him and his protection as it is written.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Since we are saved by Grace and God gives grace to the humble but opposes the proud, is our "knowledge" leading us to humility and brokenness ? Is this knowledge teaching us to forbear one another ? Both the catholics and protestants were guilty of "unloving" actions which in my opinion did not show the realization that we did not save ourselves but only due to God mercy on sinners. Any theology which leads to pride and self-righteousness is going down the wrong road I believe. Shall we continue to store up treasures and live at ease while waiting to be raptured ? Does "getting saved" and the blood of Christ make God a respecter of people or does it have the power to transform us into His image ?

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Paul learned from Jesus. The church was corrupt both in the days of Jesus on earth, and after. The Catholics were torturers, killers, and thieves for the most part. So what 'pastors' are you talking about that the poor people had to get Scripture from exactly??

The bible is clear that we will be caught in the air to meet Jesus, and the dead will go just before us. Not unbelievers but 'in Christ'. Trying to claim some phantom pastors invented the Scripture is laughable.

False. We must rebel and disobey those that have power, such as the AntiChrist soon, or any rulers that defy Scripture and forbid preaching etc. They are the rebels! The rebel against God.
How do we interpret " Resist not evil but overcome it with good ? " Did not John say there are many antichrist even in his day ? Was satan not the original rebel ? What spirit do we posses ? A spirit of pride, self-righteousness and rebellion ? Is our heart knit to this world which perishes ? The spirit of antichrist has never changed and dwells in the children of disobedience in every generation . Do not be deceived. Rulers which defy scripture ? for example " Lay not up for yourselves treasures for where your treasures are there will your heart be . Or another scripture that is wholesale disregarded. "let not covetousness be once named among you as becometh saints" I believe the case can be made that there is wholesale rebellion against the word of God by evangelical christians. It is called the great falling away/apostacy/rebellion . We need not look for far for the antichrist ...even an angel of light but his heart contains the seed of rebellion and like the scribes and Pharisees in the days in which our Lord Jesus walked the earth, covetousness. ( It is why we give our children to the world to raise so they can be taught to become merchandise and to love themselves and the world. )

Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
The irony in this post? Is probably pretty much off the scale. :wave:
tulc(is just guessing he wisely turned his irony meter off before coming here) :)

There is a time when the dead are raised, small and great, and the great judgment happens for the unbelievers of the ages. That time is long after the end time events. You get that much?

Upvote 0