Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
At Jesus' return all the the saved (who are waiting in the grave or alive at that time) are taken to heaven at that time.

No, no one is taken to heaven. The whole point of the second coming is to leave heaven with the heavenly saints and meet the Earthly saints in the clouds to join Christ and the heavenly saints who are going to the Earth to Armageddon and then rule over the rest of the nations with a rod of iron. No one is said to ever go to heaven at any point in fact new Jerusalem and God the Father will eventually leave heaven as well.

Everyone else (the living lost) are destroyed by the brightness of His coming and lay dead on the earth.

No, only some are killed while others survive and are ruled over.

The 1,000 years happen between the 1st and 2nd resurrection. After the 1,000 years (in heaven) the 2nd resurrection happens

The thousand years is a rod of iron rule over the Earthly nations by Christ and his saints upon the Earth, Rev 2, 5, 19, 20.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, no one is taken to heaven. The whole point of the second coming is to leave heaven with the heavenly saints and meet the Earthly saints in the clouds to join Christ and the heavenly saints who are going to the Earth to Armageddon and then rule over the rest of the nations with a rod of iron. No one is said to ever go to heaven at any point in fact new Jerusalem and God the Father will eventually leave heaven as well.

The thousand years is a rod of iron rule over the Earthly nations by Christ and his saints upon the Earth, Rev 2, 5, 19, 20.
Yes this is why I lean toward post-tribulation myself. It just makes more sense but I feel like God will protect many of his believers during the tribulation, both physical protection which explains the flee to the mountains verse, and supernatural protection. But I know there will be those who will have to die for their faith. There will also be those 144,000 tribulation saints (messianic Jews I suppose) that will preach to Israel. And some of us preaching to other people in the world during this time. But I'm not against any of the other theories, I am very open minded about the book of Revelation because it's very hard to dissect and crack the code in this symbolic book.

I think we as Christians are sealed no matter what, even in the tribulation we won't have nothing to worry about and yes as Christians some of us may have to die for our faith but it's no problem when we are in Christ. Now there will be many unbelievers who endure until the end without getting the mark. They would be the mortals repopulating the earth. They will not receive glorified bodies because they didn't believe in Jesus but they will still be saved because they endured until the end without taking the mark. I think these will be people of all different backgrounds but mainly Jews who will simply refuse to submit to the governing authorities and take the mark. A lot of non believing truthers or people who heard of the mark may also be in this category. Maybe people of other religious backgrounds who know about the mark or those who simply don't take it. They will be protected from God's wrath and saved and will be the mortals who will repopulate the earth during the millennial kingdom. But those who took the mark will face God's wrath and be in torment and destroyed. Bottom line is NEVER take the mark.

Again, I'm very open minded about other interpretations. If someone can convince me of pre-trib or mid-trib rapture in a way that makes logical sense in the events that will take place I am all ears.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Where is the biblical scriptures in the New Testament that the righteous and the wicked will live together on earth after Christ's second coming? In His parable of the sheep and the goats, Jesus said that at His second coming the righteous and the wicked will be separated from each other "as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats" (Matthew 25:32; see also Matthew 13:40-43).

In 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Paul said that at Christ's second coming the wicked "will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord."

Revelation 19:18 says that the birds of the air will "eat the flesh of kings, generals, and mighty men, . . . and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small." From this it's evident that the wicked will be all be slain at Christ's second coming.

Revelation 20:2, 3 says that an angel from heaven "seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. He threw him into the Abyss (the earth without form and void, total desolation), and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended."

Revelation says that at Christ's second coming the entire world will be shaken by an earthquake that is so powerful that it will cause the mountains to flatten out and the islands in the sea to disappear (Revelation 6:12— 14; 16:18-20). An earthquake that powerful would collapse all of the skyscrapers in the world's large cities, and it would buckle and destroy all of the world's highways and rail lines. In other words, the earth will be a wreck—"formless and empty (Abyss)."

At His 2nd coming the saved are taken to heaven.

Paul said that "the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first" (1 Thessalonians 4:16; see also 1 Corinthians 15:51-54). Thus, one of the events to occur at the beginning of the millennium will be the resurrection of the righteous.

Paul then added that "we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them [the resurrected saints] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever (1 Thessalonians 4:17). God's people will be taken to heaven at Christ's second coming, and a statement that Jesus made while He was still on the earth confirms this conclusion. He promised His disciples that "I am going there [heaven] to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back [His second coming] and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am" (John 14:2, 3). Jesus is now in heaven (Acts 2:32, 33; Hebrews 9:25), and He promised that at His second coming He would take His people to be with Him, where He is (He is in heaven).

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where is the biblical scriptures in the New Testament that the righteous and the wicked will live together on earth after Christ's second coming? In His parable of the sheep and the goats, Jesus said that at His second coming the righteous and the wicked will be separated from each other "as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats" (Matthew 25:32; see also Matthew 13:40-43).

In 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Paul said that at Christ's second coming the wicked "will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord."

Revelation 19:18 says that the birds of the air will "eat the flesh of kings, generals, and mighty men, . . . and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small." From this it's evident that the wicked will be all be slain at Christ's second coming.

Revelation 20:2, 3 says that an angel from heaven "seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. He threw him into the Abyss (the earth without form and void, total desolation), and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended."

Revelation says that at Christ's second coming the entire world will be shaken by an earthquake that is so powerful that it will cause the mountains to flatten out and the islands in the sea to disappear (Revelation 6:12— 14; 16:18-20). An earthquake that powerful would collapse all of the skyscrapers in the world's large cities, and it would buckle and destroy all of the world's highways and rail lines. In other words, the earth will be a wreck—"formless and empty (Abyss)."

At His 2nd coming the saved are taken to heaven.

Paul said that "the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first" (1 Thessalonians 4:16; see also 1 Corinthians 15:51-54). Thus, one of the events to occur at the beginning of the millennium will be the resurrection of the righteous.

Paul then added that "we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them [the resurrected saints] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever (1 Thessalonians 4:17). God's people will be taken to heaven at Christ's second coming, and a statement that Jesus made while He was still on the earth confirms this conclusion. He promised His disciples that "I am going there [heaven] to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back [His second coming] and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am" (John 14:2, 3). Jesus is now in heaven (Acts 2:32, 33; Hebrews 9:25), and He promised that at His second coming He would take His people to be with Him, where He is (He is in heaven).
Everywhere. We don't live with them we "reign over them". And they are not "wicked", they are saved people because they didn't take the mark... Only those who took the mark would be considered wicked and destroyed. The bible says sin will come back near the end of the kingdom when the devil gets loosed. If everyone were in their glorified bodies, how the heck would sin affect anyone? Think of it this way, if everyone were in their glorified bodies during the millennial kingdom, what would be the point of the millennial reign? The whole point of the millennial kingdom is for Jesus to bring law and order on the earth. Otherwise we would be able to go directly to heaven then. So there will be actual mortals repopulating the earth and they are put under the law. There will be world peace too during the reign, except at the end when the devil is loosed and deceives many of the mortal people.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Where is the biblical scriptures in the New Testament that the righteous and the wicked will live together on earth after Christ's second coming?

Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Everywhere. We don't live with them we "reign over them". And they are not "wicked", they are saved people because they didn't take the mark... Only those who took the mark would be considered wicked and destroyed. The bible says sin will come back near the end of the kingdom when the devil gets loosed. If everyone were in their glorified bodies, how the heck would sin affect anyone? Think of it this way, if everyone were in their glorified bodies during the millennial kingdom, what would be the point of the millennial reign? The whole point of the millennial kingdom is for Jesus to bring law and order on the earth. Otherwise we would be able to go directly to heaven then. So there will be actual mortals repopulating the earth and they are put under the law. There will be world peace too during the reign, except at the end when the devil is loosed and deceives many of the mortal people.

Acts 3:19-21 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you - even Jesus. He (Jesus) must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.

“I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:3).

"Think of it this way, if everyone were in their glorified bodies during the millennial kingdom, what would be the point of the millennial reign?"

The 1,000: the point of the millennial reign in heaven.

1 Corinthians 6:3

Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Acts 3:19-21 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you - even Jesus. He (Jesus) must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.

“I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:3).

The 1,000: the point of the millennial reign in heaven with Jesus

..." and judgment was given unto them ..."
Rev 20:4

1 Corinthians 6:3

Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
This is what Jesus said: that people will eat and drink, marry and give in marriage, and do all the normal things of life and suddenly all the genuine Christian believers will disappear.

But that's not what He said. He said two would be in a field, and one would be taken and another left; two would be grinding flour at the mill, one taken, and the other left.

It doesn't say the one taken was "a genuine Christian". Since the Lord is using the analogy of the Great Flood, those taken in the flood were not God's Faithful. Those taken away were taken by judgment.

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left." - Matthew 24:36-41

The being "taken" here is judgment language.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
But that's not what He said. He said two would be in a field, and one would be taken and another left; two would be grinding flour at the mill, one taken, and the other left.

It doesn't say the one taken was "a genuine Christian". Since the Lord is using the analogy of the Great Flood, those taken in the flood were not God's Faithful. Those taken away were taken by judgment.

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left." - Matthew 24:36-41

-CryptoLutheran
You seem to be ignoring what Paul said in 1 and 2 Thessalonians about what will happen. He says that the dead in Christ shall rise first, and then we who are alive will rise to meet the Lord in the air. This contradicts what you are saying about the unbelievers will be taken away first.

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Think of it this way, if everyone were in their glorified bodies during the millennial kingdom, what would be the point of the millennial reign?"

The reign is over mortal nations. Only the Christian saints will be in immortal bodies. Scripture tells us that only the saved overcomers will be given immortal bodies and that happens At the time Christ returns. We also read in Rev 2 that the reign over the nations by Christ and his saved overcomers happens after he has returned so that places the rod of iron reign after the second coming and after the overcomers are immortal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

You are conflating two very different Greek words. The "taken" of the one taken means to be accepted in the Greek and is related to the taking up of the raptured saints. "left" there means to be rejected and left to die in the Greek so it is the one taken who is saved, and the one left/rejected who dies.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You seem to be ignoring what Paul said in 1 and 2 Thessalonians about what will happen. He says that the dead in Christ shall rise first, and then we who are alive will rise to meet the Lord in the air. This contradicts what you are saying about the unbelievers will be taken away first.

Correct. The first to be taken in the flood and story of Lot were the righteous being taken to a place of safety whether into the Ark, or away from Sodom. Those left outside the Ark or left in Sodom were the ones God killed. Even the ten virgins have 5 being taken away first, and the foolish ones left behind....left meaning rejected in the Greek and the foolish were rejected for sure.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Correct. The first to be taken in the flood and story of Lot were the righteous being taken to a place of safety whether into the Ark, or away from Sodom. Those left outside the Ark or left in Sodom were the ones God killed. Even the ten virgins have 5 being taken away first, and the foolish ones left behind....left meaning rejected in the Greek and the foolish were rejected for sure.
Great! I never thought of those! Certainly clarifies things! :)

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Great! I never thought of those! Certainly clarifies things! :)

Here's something I have on this:

taken

3880 paralambano {par-al-am-ban'-o}

from 3844 and 2983; TDNT - 4:11,495; v

AV - take 30, receive 15, take unto 2, take up 2, take away 1; 50

1) to take to, to take with one's self, to join to one's self
1a) an associate, a companion
1b) metaph.
1b1) to accept or acknowledge one to be such as he professes to be
1b2) not to reject, not to withhold obedience
2) to receive something transmitted
2a) an office to be discharged
2b) to receive with the mind
2b1) by oral transmission: of the authors from whom the
tradition proceeds
2b2) by the narrating to others, by instruction of teachers
(used of disciples)

"to take with one's self"
"to join to one's self"
"an associate"
"a companion"
"not to reject"

left

863 aphiemi {af-ee'-ay-mee}

from 575 and hiemi (to send, an intens. form of eimi, to go);
TDNT - 1:509,88; v

AV - leave 52, forgive 47, suffer 14, let 8, forsake 6, let alone 6,
misc 13; 146

1) to send away
1a) to bid going away or depart
1a1) of a husband divorcing his wife
1b) to send forth, yield up, to expire
1c) to let go, let alone, let be
1c1) to disregard
1c2) to leave, not to discuss now, (a topic)
1c21) of teachers, writers and speakers
1c3) to omit, neglect
1d) to let go, give up a debt, forgive, to remit
1e) to give up, keep no longer
2) to permit, allow, not to hinder, to give up a thing to a person
3) to leave, go way from one
3a) in order to go to another place
3b) to depart from any one
3c) to depart from one and leave him to himself so that all
mutual claims are abandoned
3d) to desert wrongfully
3e) to go away leaving something behind
3f) to leave one by not taking him as a companion
3g) to leave on dying, leave behind one
3h) to leave so that what is left may remain, leave remaining
3i) abandon, leave destitute

"to send away"
"of a husband divorcing his wife"
"to expire"
"to disregard"
"neglect"
"keep no longer"
"to leave on dying"
"leave behind one"
"abandon, leave destitute"

That's the complete opposite as being "taken" and is very negative. Do you
want to be rejected at the return of Christ or do you want to be accepted?
Christ takes the first one from the field and the rest is "left" by him, and
are "kept no longer".

Who was TAKEN into the Ark?
Who was LEFT outside the Ark?
Who was TAKEN to a safe place to live?
Who was LEFT to die in an unsafe place?

Who was TAKEN out of Sodom?
Who was LEFT in Sodom?
Who was TAKEN to a safe place to live?
Who was LEFT to die in an unsafe place?

Why does TAKEN/paralambano¯ mean to accept as a companion and does NOT mean to reject and leave to die?
Why does LEFT/aphie¯mi means to reject and leave someone to die and does NOT mean to accept as a companion?

Why does TAKEN/paralambano¯ mean you survive?
Why does LEFT/aphie¯mi mean you do not survive?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Mat 24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
Mat 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
Mat 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
Mat 25:16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
Mat 25:17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
Mat 25:18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
Mat 25:19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
Mat 25:20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
Mat 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
Mat 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
Mat 25:25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
Mat 25:26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
Mat 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
Mat 25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
Mat 25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Mat 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

In these verses Christ will give multiple examples to teach the same exact thing. There is always a good one on one side and a bad one on the other. The good one is always shown in some type of action FIRST, and the bad one is always LAST.

Good-Noah and family.....................................................Bad-the rest/drowned
Good-Lot and his family......(Luke 17)...............................Bad-those left in the city
Good-the one taken/accepted...........................................Bad-the one left/rejected
Good-the goodman..........................................................Bad-the thief
Good-the wise servant.....................................................Bad-the evil servant
Good-the wise virgins......................................................Bad-the foolish virgins
Good-the servants that increased the talents.....................Bad-the servant that did not have an increase
Good-the sheep...............................................................Bad-the goats

All on the left side represent the same group of people that are good, wise, profitable, accepted etc.
All on the right side represent the same group of people that are bad, foolish, unprofitable, rejected etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Mat 24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
Mat 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
Mat 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
Mat 25:16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
Mat 25:17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
Mat 25:18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
Mat 25:19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
Mat 25:20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
Mat 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
Mat 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
Mat 25:25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
Mat 25:26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
Mat 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
Mat 25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
Mat 25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Mat 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

In these verses Christ will give multiple examples to teach the same exact thing. There is always a good one on one side and a bad one on the other. The good one is always shown in some type of action FIRST, and the bad one is always LAST.

Good-Noah and family.....................................................Bad-the rest/drowned
Good-Lot and his family......(Luke 17)...............................Bad-those left in the city
Good-the one taken/accepted...........................................Bad-the one left/rejected
Good-the goodman..........................................................Bad-the thief
Good-the wise servant.....................................................Bad-the evil servant
Good-the wise virgins......................................................Bad-the foolish virgins
Good-the servants that increased the talents.....................Bad-the servant that did not have an increase
Good-the sheep...............................................................Bad-the goats

All on the left side represent the same group of people that are good, wise, profitable, accepted etc.
All on the right side represent the same group of people that are bad, foolish, unprofitable, rejected etc.
Mmmm... :holy::holy:

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

It's not about some order of events here. Christ's Parousia means two things: Resurrection and Judgment.

In Matthew 24 Jesus is talking about the Judgment associated with His Parousia. In 1 Corinthians 15 and in 1 Thessalonians 4 St. Paul is talking about the resurrection of the dead.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You are conflating two very different Greek words. The "taken" of the one taken means to be accepted in the Greek and is related to the taking up of the raptured saints. "left" there means to be rejected and left to die in the Greek so it is the one taken who is saved, and the one left/rejected who dies.

Christ goes into further detail on the nature of the Judgment both at the end of this chapter, and in the next, offering several parables, and a more elaborate account of Judgment.

Even giving the understanding that paralambano refers to being received; the idea of "rapture" is foreign from the text. The issue here is Judgment, that is what the text is talking about, that language of Judgment continues to the end of the chapter and into the next.

Paul's language in 1 Thessalonians is salvation language. Where in the Olivet Discourse Jesus is talking about the Judgment that comes with His return, Paul speaks of the salvation that comes with His return: For the dead shall rise, and all of Christ's people shall be glorified, as He comes in glory with His everlasting kingdom.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No, the 1000 years is the reign of Christ here on earth. The bible talks about how we will reign with him. So there will be actual mortals repopulating the earth and we will be in our glorified bodies reigning with him.

Christ's glorious reign has been ongoing since He ascended and took His seat at the right hand of the Father. When He comes in glory, it isn't to abandon His glorious throne to a lower status, it is to bring His everlasting kingdom with Him, as St. Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15, that Christ reigns until all His enemies are subject to Him, then at His coming, when the dead are raised, the last enemy to be defeated is death (and, therefore, "Where O Death is your sting? Where O Death is your victory?" "For death is swallowed up in victory") and then all will be delivered over to the Father and God will be all in all.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Even giving the understanding that paralambano refers to being received; the idea of "rapture" is foreign from the text.

It's not foreign at all. The rapture is people taken from one place to another, so too is the "one taken" taken somewhere...literally will be taken to the clouds. Those not raptured are literally left where they are and on the day of wrath that's going to be the people we see in the 6th seal, afraid of God's wrath.

Upvote 0