Visit site
✟1,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Soooo looking forward to Jesus' return .... God please intervene in our F messed up world

Back to the Future: The Certainty of the Second Coming .. Recorded Nov 24 1991

Behold .. he is coming with the clouds .. and every eye will see him .. even those who pierced him .. and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over him .. so it is to be . . . amen
I am the Alpha and the Omega .. says the Lord God .. who is and who was and who is to come
. . . the almighty ........ Revelation 1:7-8

dadmansabode

taking God's word to the w w w
Apr 10, 2019
Kansas
Visit site
✟1,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord .. that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord .. will not precede those who have fallen asleep .. for the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout .. with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God .. and the dead in Christ will rise first .. then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air .. and so we shall always be with the Lord .. therefore comfort one another with these words ........ I Thessalonians 04:15-18

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dadmansabode

taking God's word to the w w w
Apr 10, 2019
Kansas
Visit site
✟1,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The rapture of the faithful in contrast to the Revelation of Jesus at His coming

Rapture > Christ comes for His own
1Th 4:13-18
Jesus' Return > Christ returns with His own Rev 19:14

Rapture > Believers taken to Father's House
Joh 14:3
Jesus' Return > Believers come with Jesus to Earth Mat 24:30

Rapture > He is seen only by believers
1Co 15:52
Jesus' Return > Every eye will see Him Mat 24:30

Rapture > Earth not judged
Jesus' Return > Earth judged
Rev 20:4-5

Rapture > A Mystery -
1 Co 15:51
Jesus' Return > Foretold in OT Zech 12:10

Rapture > Christians taken first
1Th 4:13-18 3 Mat 13:28-30
Jesus' Return > Wicked are taken first Mat 25:1-13; Rev 3:8-10; Rev 4:1

Rapture > He comes to present the Church to Himself
2 Co 11:2 ---
Jesus' Return > He comes with His Church for judgement and to set up his Kingdom
Rev 19:6-9, Zec 14:3-4; Jud 1:14-15; Rev 19:11-21

Rapture > Casts Satan out of heaven to earth
Rev 12
Jesus' Return > Binds Satan for a thousand years Rev 20

Rapture > Occurs in the twinkling of an eye
1Co 15:52
Jesus' Return > Comes to earth to do battle at specific locations Isa 63:1-3, Rev 16:16, Zec 12:9-10

Rapture > Jesus descends with a shout.
1Th 4:16 8
Jesus' Return > No shout mentioned Rev 19:11-21

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There won't be a pre or mid-trib rapture.
When Jesus Christ has the angels take away the wicked is not till the end of this world.

Heaven and earth shall pass away
in that day

sheep and goats

Matthew 25:1 begins with - Then shall....
This shows that it is set for the timing of the end of chapter 24, which is when the wicked go to the lake of fire.

Then shall .....ten virgins
door shut
This is not about the rapture of the church.
It is about the time of when the wicked will go to the lake of fire.

.....the goats - to everlasting punishment
the sheep -inherit the kingdom/as in the new earth time
A question: When the Scripture says that Jesus will return to the earth with ten thousands of His saints, where did the ten thousands of His saints come from if not from on earth? And how did they get into the presence of the Lord for them to accompany Him on His physical return when every eye shall see Him?

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A question: When the Scripture says that Jesus will return to the earth with ten thousands of His saints, where did the ten thousands of His saints come from if not from on earth? And how did they get into the presence of the Lord for them to accompany Him on His physical return when every eye shall see Him?
Yeah, regardless of the timing there is no debate that the second coming and rapture are two distinct events, and this isn't even up to interpretation it's a logical fact. The bible says one is the twinkling of an eye when getting caught up into the clouds, and the other is where every man will see him and his saints come down with him. The timing is another story. Whether you think it's pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib that's another discussion. But everyone needs to be in agreement they are two distinct events, logically speaking. That's why it confuses me why people argue it isn't, do they read the bible or what? lol It's a basic logical biblical facts that they are two distinct events.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The bible says one is the twinkling of an eye when getting caught up into the clouds, and the other is where every man will see him and his saints come down with him.

Obviously the second coming begins, Christ reaches the clouds and the raptured saints meet him, and they descend together completing the second coming.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, regardless of the timing there is no debate that the second coming and rapture are two distinct events, and this isn't even up to interpretation it's a logical fact. The bible says one is the twinkling of an eye when getting caught up into the clouds, and the other is where every man will see him and his saints come down with him. The timing is another story. Whether you think it's pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib that's another discussion. But everyone needs to be in agreement they are two distinct events, logically speaking. That's why it confuses me why people argue it isn't, do they read the bible or what? lol It's basic logic.
The process of events that makes sense to me from reading the different passages that describe these events is that the dead in Christ shall rise first. Secondly, those who are still alive (in Christ) will be taken up to meet the Lord in the air. Those who are left behind will read in all their newspapers about the millions of missing persons right around the world. It will be big news! Then evil will be unleashed on the world because the restraining function of the presence of the Holy Spirit in Christian believers will no longer be there. This will then reveal the Antichrist and this will being in the Tribulation which will culminate in the Armageddon. After that Jesus will appear, along with all those who have risen from their graves and those who were caught up to meet Him. He will then establish Himself on the throne of David to rule for 1000 years. Because Israel is His chosen people, He will save those Jews who receive Him during that period of 1000 years. After that, the unbelieving dead will rise to go to the Judgment.

This is what I believe the process will be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
While I'm eagerly looking forward to Christ's immanent return, I don't believe a rapture is on its way.
This is what Jesus said: that people will eat and drink, marry and give in marriage, and do all the normal things of life and suddenly all the genuine Christian believers will disappear. Of course, those who have the religious Christian "badge" but nothing more may be left behind, and some of those may realise what they have done and receive Christ during the Tribulation period. They will probably be martyred right away because while the Antichrist is ruling the earth, it will be a death sentence to be Christian.

Then the whole world, under the influence of the Antichrist will band together to try and erase Israel from the earth. This is in keeping with Islam that believes that no Muslim will rise from the dead until every Jew has been killed. But the Lord will intervene and eradicate this great army. the Scripture says that their dead bodies will remain unburied and the "fowls of the air" will feed on their flesh.
Once that happens, the Lord will return and set up His throne in Jerusalem and rule the nations for 1000 years.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The process of events that makes sense to me from reading the different passages that describe these events is that the dead in Christ shall rise first. Secondly, those who are still alive (in Christ) will be taken up to meet the Lord in the air. Those who are left behind will read in all their newspapers about the millions of missing persons right around the world. It will be big news! Then evil will be unleashed on the world because the restraining function of the presence of the Holy Spirit in Christian believers will no longer be there. This will then reveal the Antichrist and this will being in the Tribulation which will culminate in the Armageddon. After that Jesus will appear, along with all those who have risen from their graves and those who were caught up to meet Him. He will then establish Himself on the throne of David to rule for 1000 years. Because Israel is His chosen people, He will save those Jews who receive Him during that period of 1000 years. After that, the unbelieving dead will rise to go to the Judgment.

Right but I believe all those left behind who don't take the mark will be saved, not just Israel. But they will not reign with Christ in the millennium kingdom. We will reign over them in our glorified bodies and they will be the mortals who will repopulate the earth and be under the law during the kingdom. Because these people don't get lifted up into the air to get glorified bodies, only we do. And there has to be mortals there to repopulate the earth during the 1000 year reign of Christ.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While I'm eagerly looking forward to Christ's immanent return, I don't believe a rapture is on its way.
No man knows the day or the hour, but we can know the season. And we are in the season. Too many events are intertwining like never before.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

So who would be the mortals who will repopulate the earth during the kingdom in your opinion? It won't be us of course, because we will reign with Christ. So who would these people be? Israel? If that's the case, the Jews would not be able to get killed by the anti-Christ during the tribulation. Because we know anyone who dies in Christ gets resurrected and receives a glorified body. No one who dies wakes back up in their mortal body. This means there has to be a handful of people who survive the tribulation/God's wrath all the way until the end without taking the mark or getting killed ("he endures until the shall be saved"). Using your theory, we can assume everyone who dies for the his name will get resurrected immediately during this time. But then that leaves the question, who are the mortals if all believers during the tribulation get killed? Would God supernaturally protect unbelieving Jews, and prevent them from taking the mark as well as prevent them from facing wrath? That part confuses me. We know there has to be a handful of people who make it to the end without taking the mark, and those would be the mortals. My assumption is these people never believed, but they are still saved for not taking the mark but miss out on the glory of reigning with Christ and will be put under the law during the millennial kingdom. Do you believe this is unbelieving Jews or maybe believing Jews which make it to the end? Or anyone who makes it to the end without taking the mark and avoids wrath?

I am interested to hear your response. I can talk about this topic all day lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So who would be the mortals who will repopulate the earth during the kingdom in your opinion? It won't be us of course, because we will reign with Christ. So who would these people be? Israel? If that's the case, the Jews would not be able to get killed by the anti-Christ during the tribulation. Because we know anyone who dies in Christ gets resurrected and receives a glorified body. No one who dies wakes back up in their mortal body. This means there has to be a handful of people who survive the tribulation/God's wrath all the way until the end without taking the mark or getting killed ("he endures until the shall be saved"). Using your theory, we can assume everyone who dies for the his name will get resurrected immediately during this time. But then that leaves the question, who are the mortals if all believers during the tribulation get killed? Would God supernaturally protect unbelieving Jews, and prevent them from taking the mark as well as prevent them from facing wrath? That part confuses me. We know there has to be a handful of people who make it to the end without taking the mark, and those would be the mortals. My assumption is these people never believed, but they are still saved for not taking the mark but miss out on the glory of reigning with Christ and will be put under the law during the millennial kingdom. Do you believe this is unbelieving Jews or maybe believing Jews which make it to the end? Or anyone who makes it to the end without taking the mark and avoids wrath?

There seems an indication in Scripture that when Jesus comes to reign for 1000 years, He is going to give the Jews a chance to get saved. This is because the Jews are the vine, and the Gentiles were grafted in. So when the dispensation of the Gentiles is fulfilled, then God will do something to ensure that many in Israel as possible will be given the chance to believe in Him and be saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
This is what Jesus said: that people will eat and drink, marry and give in marriage, and do all the normal things of life and suddenly all the genuine Christian believers will disappear. Of course, those who have the religious Christian "badge" but nothing more may be left behind, and some of those may realise what they have done and receive Christ during the Tribulation period. They will probably be martyred right away because while the Antichrist is ruling the earth, it will be a death sentence to be Christian.

Then the whole world, under the influence of the Antichrist will band together to try and erase Israel from the earth. This is in keeping with Islam that believes that no Muslim will rise from the dead until every Jew has been killed. But the Lord will intervene and eradicate this great army. the Scripture says that their dead bodies will remain unburied and the "fowls of the air" will feed on their flesh.
Once that happens, the Lord will return and set up His throne in Jerusalem and rule the nations for 1000 years.

Here's material for pondering by those that practice predicting Christ's coming's date, as sects have been doing since 1000 A. D.

No one knows when Judgment Day will come, not even Jesus according to his humanity. It's a secret which is hidden in God.

There'll be a repetition of the carelessness which marked the pre-Flood's season. As Christ's coming to Judgment's time draws near, there'll be feasting, without in any way regarding the sutuation's gravity.

☆ Jesus' words, "marrying and giving in marriage," throw a spotlight upon present conditions. For postmodern people have only lust in mind. The marriage vow's sanctity has been relegated to the trash, and Christians come near practicing free love. For them, Judgment Day will be a cataclysm. For the guilty can't escape, even if he be associated with the innocent, with the believer. ☆

Of two people working together, one will be accepted, the other will be rejected.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
No man knows the day or the hour, but we can know the season. And we are in the season. Too many events are intertwining like never before.

Agreed that we seem to be in the season in which Christ will return.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Soooo looking forward to Jesus' return .... God please intervene in our F messed up world

Back to the Future: The Certainty of the Second Coming .. Recorded Nov 24 1991

Behold .. he is coming with the clouds .. and every eye will see him .. even those who pierced him .. and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over him .. so it is to be . . . amen
I am the Alpha and the Omega .. says the Lord God .. who is and who was and who is to come
. . . the almighty ........ Revelation 1:7-8

So is the world worse than it's ever been? Data please.

• Agree
Reactions: TheOldWays
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

At Jesus' return all the the saved (who are waiting in the grave or alive at that time) are taken to heaven at that time. Everyone else (the living lost) are destroyed by the brightness of His coming and lay dead on the earth. The 1,000 years happen between the 1st and 2nd resurrection. After the 1,000 years (in heaven) the 2nd resurrection happens

Jeremiah 4:23-27

I beheld the earth, and indeed it was without form, and void; And the heavens, they had no light.

I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled, And all the hills moved back and forth.

I beheld, and indeed there was no man, And all the birds of the heavens had fled.I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land was a wilderness, And all its cities were broken down At the presence of the LORD, By His fierce anger.

27For this is what the LORD says:

“The whole land will be desolate,

but I will not finish its destruction.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At Jesus' return all the the saved (who are waiting in the grave or alive at that time) are taken to heaven at that time. Everyone else (the living lost) are destroyed by the brightness of His coming and lay dead on the earth. The 1,000 years happen between the 1st and 2nd resurrection. After the 1,000 years (in heaven) the 2nd resurrection happens

Jeremiah 4:23-27

I beheld the earth, and indeed it was without form, and void; And the heavens, they had no light.

I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled, And all the hills moved back and forth.

I beheld, and indeed there was no man, And all the birds of the heavens had fled.I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land was a wilderness, And all its cities were broken down At the presence of the LORD, By His fierce anger.

27For this is what the LORD says:

“The whole land will be desolate,

but I will not finish its destruction.
No, the 1000 years is the reign of Christ here on earth. The bible talks about how we will reign with him. So there will be actual mortals repopulating the earth and we will be in our glorified bodies reigning with him.

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0