The Racial Marxism of Black Lives Matter

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Despite being tried and convicted in the court of public opinion, Zimmerman was legally acquitted. At the time BLM tried to make it a racial thing, and it wasn't by. Zimmerman identifies as a Hispanic, which is not consistent with the current BLM stance of white supremacy, white entitlement, white blah blah blah, as the problem of all black economic and social suppression. Zimmerman was also not a police officer, which is counter to their current "defund the police" stance. BLM pivoted to target whites and police, IMO, with the death of Michael Brown and used the false narrative of "hands up, don't shoot" to further their agenda.

Just because you disagree with someone’s interpretation of events doesn’t make it a “false narrative”. I’m of the opinion that the whole sorry incident you refer to occurred because of Zimmerman’s prejudices. Seems the guy couldn’t walk home from a visit to the shop without getting profiled as a criminal.

I’ve been reading up about the case as you mentioned it, I didn’t see any accusations of white supremacy.

Still we digress. The thread is supposed to be about the danger of these evil Marxists or some such nonsense.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is this news to anyone? I must read 20 posts a day on hear with people banging on about how BLM are Marxists. The opinion piece in that op is no different, although maybe slightly longer.

It’s like flipping ground hog day.

Yeah, but per Orwell...

"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.”

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Still we digress. The thread is supposed to be about the danger of these evil Marxists or some such nonsense.

With the mass murder perpetrated by Marxist governments in the last century, one might forgive others a bit of trepidation re: any racial organization touting its own fondness for Marxism.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
With the mass murder perpetrated by Marxist governments in the last century, one might forgive others a bit of trepidation re: any racial organization touting its own fondness for Marxism.
Well capitalism ain’t working out for them, so yeah, I could kind of see why they’d embrace something different, huh?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

What proportion of everyone who supports the blm movement do you think are ardent Marxists? If you could show me something that indicates it I'd be grateful. We could use it as a basis for discussing why you think there's a problem.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What proportion of everyone who supports the blm movement do you think are ardent Marxists? If you could show me something that indicates it I'd be grateful. We could use it as a basis for discussing why you think there's a problem.

This will seem unrelated, but it illustrates my thought:

"But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people."—Ephesians 5:3

Among men and women in a free republic, there must not be even a hint of Marxism. It is improper.

We live in a time where ideas that are anathema to freedom are constantly floated (or, like spaghetti, thrown against the wall to see if they’ll stick). Diligent rejection of such thoughts is wisdom, IMO. We don't need a redo of the 20th century to prove Marxist thought fatally flawed.

Not even a hint!

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This will seem unrelated...

You're right. It is.

You appear to be worried that there is an infiltration of Marxist ideology within the blm movement. Not as regards anyone who you might consider the original organising group. But within the movement itself.

So I have asked a simple question in regard to your idea as to the number of actual Marxists you think are within the movement (not the organising group).

Can you give me your best estimate and a reason for your answer?

Thanks...

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, but per Orwell...

"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.”

The Orwell comparison is unduly flattering.

The repeated, boring pushing of the questionable Marxism line is more akin to Goebbels in practice.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gee, I didn't know that people other than whites couldn't be racist. So just to make sure that I've got this right, if Zimmerman (sounds German to me) was white it could have been conceived as a racist act but as be thought himself Hispanic, it wasn't. Have I got that right?

I used to work with this Spanish guy and he didn't like Asians. Apparently that's not racism. I never knew...
If you're going to cut off my quote, then "whoooosh", it went right over your head. Try responding to what I actually said, rather than what you incorrectly think I said.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
BLM supporters won't be satisfied till she has ten homes.

I'm sure she's buying them so her supporters will have something to burn down and not burden any more business owners with the inconvenience.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because you disagree with someone’s interpretation of events doesn’t make it a “false narrative”. I’m of the opinion that the whole sorry incident you refer to occurred because of Zimmerman’s prejudices. Seems the guy couldn’t walk home from a visit to the shop without getting profiled as a criminal.
Guilty in the court of public (and your) opinion, then? There was lots of speculation of racist intent, but no proof. The DOJ and FBI investigations both concluded lack of evidence.
I’ve been reading up about the case as you mentioned it, I didn’t see any accusations of white supremacy.
Nor did I say there was white supremacy in this case. I actually said BLM tried to make it a racial thing and it wasn't. Racism =/= white supremacy. I also said that the Michael Brown incident is where BLM pivoted to their whites and police are bad narrative.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right. It is.

You appear to be worried that there is an infiltration of Marxist ideology within the blm movement. Not as regards anyone who you might consider the original organising group. But within the movement itself.

So I have asked a simple question in regard to your idea as to the number of actual Marxists you think are within the movement (not the organising group).

Can you give me your best estimate and a reason for your answer?

Thanks...
Irrelevant. Who cares what the peons of the "movement" think? The leaders of the organization that started the movement are self-admitted Marxists. They are the ones receiving millions of dollars in donations for their organization, regardless if the various activities by the "movement" are directly associated with their organization.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
what I wrote...is all i got.

Hmm. Not much then.

Then can we reasonably suggest that the movement itself is not Marxist, has nothing to do with Marxism and that the vast majority of people all over the world who have joined in the protests are not politically motivated but are genuinely concerned with racism.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hmm. Not much then.

Then can we reasonably suggest that the movement itself is not Marxist, has nothing to do with Marxism and that the vast majority of people all over the world who have joined in the protests are not politically motivated but are genuinely concerned with racism.

I wouldn’t say that.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you're going to cut off my quote, then "whoooosh", it went right over your head. Try responding to what I actually said, rather than what you incorrectly think I said.

My apologies. I thought you said it wasn't considered racist because the guy was Hispanic.

Edit: Hang on, that's what you did say...

Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do you not realize the organization started the movement? BLM the organization was founded, according to them, as a result of the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, Missouri. Remember the "hands up, don't shoot" false narrative? BLM the organization started that. The "movement" has always been associated with BLM, whether it's directly related or not. You cannot say they are separate without coming across as dishonest or uninformed.
Well I don't support the LGBTQ organization called "Black Lives Matter, Inc." formed by the three lesbians, but I have no problem with saying that "black lives matter". It's not as if anyone who believes that black lives matter (as do all lives) automatically supports that organization. People are smart enough to make a distinction.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Irrelevant. Who cares what the peons of the "movement" think? The leaders of the organization that started the movement are self-admitted Marxists. They are the ones receiving millions of dollars in donations for their organization, regardless if the various activities by the "movement" are directly associated with their organization.

I think the original post was damning the movement itself by association. Maybe you missed the subtlety. I was just clearing up that misconception. But thanks for your input.

Upvote 0