Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The more I listen to the experiences of Catholics, the more I get the sense that we are facing a quiet epidemic of loneliness. It is found in the young people who fly to sex addiction, because they fear real people who may break their hearts. It is in spouses who stop communicating because of the pain, wounds, and repeated isolation they feel from one another...

Continued below.
The Quiet Epidemic of Lonely Catholics

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟805,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
‍*Raises hand.
My husband passed away and it left me feeling like that too. Everyone I know is married and I'm just hanging out alone often.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I have always made friends easily but as I get older it seems harder to make those connections. Guys my age are married and have the responsibilities and time constraints that go with that. I have a younger friend in work but we can only connect on certain levels. We usually meet up for lunch once a week but I can't hang out on a more social level.

I have a friend of 20 years that Meetup with once a month.

I have been perplexed the past year or so. I miss a social life but seem at odds as to how to connect.

I don't like the online group thing or organized friendship. Friendship for me has always been an organic and natural thing and came easily.

Upvote 0