✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The quest to prove collusion is crumbling

Democrats and their allies in the media have exhausted themselves building a scandalous narrative surrounding the Russian lawyer meeting, but according to Kushner, the meeting was so useless that he “actually emailed an assistant from the meeting after [he] had been there for ten or so minutes and wrote ‘Can u pls call me on my cell? Need excuse to get out of meeting.”’ Maybe the collusion didn’t take very long, or maybe he realized what the lawyer had to say was a useless farce and he wanted to get on with his day.

With the Democrats and their allies in the media beginning to walk away from the collusion story, the single biggest thing keeping this story alive is the president’s obsession with it. No doubt the issue will continue to be irresistible to some of Trump’s haters. Some will never believe the truth, no matter what else is revealed. But if Democrats and the president’s worst enemies can begin to silently acknowledge the obvious and move on, perhaps Trump can, too. Maybe now he will see the futility of continuing to whine, tweet, moan and seethe about the whole non-affair. Maybe the president will now see that he should leave Sessions alone so that he can get on with his work. Maybe he will let special counsel Robert S. Mueller III quietly do his job and the whole “Russian collusion” affair won’t even be a footnote in the retelling of the story of the Trump campaign.

Interesting read, from the WaPo, no less. Unfortunately, I think the author is far too optimistic that the media and Democrats are going to let the world's largest collaborate fanfiction go so easily into the night.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Interesting read, from the WaPo, no less. Unfortunately, I think the author is far too optimistic that the media and Democrats are going to let the world's largest collaborate fanfiction go so easily into the night.
I agree with you there. I have noticed, just this morning in fact, that The Resistance has moved to simply saying there is collusion by Trump. The collapse of the investigation and the failure of the theory will certainly be followed by them simply stipulating that it was real and talking constantly as though it had been proven true. That's the "everybody knows" strategy.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This is all nonsense. The investigations (plural) are still going on and will continue until the evidence proves guilt or innocence. Despite what Trump wishes, law enforcement is not under the control of the President. There are enough single-article propaganda pieces out there for everyone, so choosing one doesn't prove a single thing.

Trump and his entire White House staff are a disgrace, and the sooner he is removed the better.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi rion,

There are also other possibilities as to why we don't read as much about the Russia investigation.

First of all, the current investigator, Mr. Mueller, is keeping his investigation under wraps. So, there isn't a lot of new information coming out as to what evidence is being found or looked into. Secondly, many people have been coming down on the side of, 'this is just too much information overload and finger pointing and half truths based on innuendo' and since the media outlets don't have the ability to confirm many of the new reports because Mr. Mueller is keeping his mouth shut, they've moved on to cover other things while withholding the ability to come back and address the issue as newer information is made available.

I agree with this position. A special investigator has been appointed. Now, let's let him do his job and when all the dust settles, let's see what the information shows. This has happened regularly within our government. Mrs. Clinton was investigated for her use of emails and after a fairly lengthy investigation it was determined that there wasn't anything there to really seek any indictments of illegal activity. President Clinton was investigated for his extracurricular sexual activities and it was decided that there wasn't anything there in order to bring any indictment for illegal activity. The Iran Contra investigation did find some evidence to bring indictments and likewise the Nixon Watergate investigation seemed to be strong enough to bring indictments, but President Nixon was pardoned after leaving office.

This is just another such investigation and we'll all just have to wait and see what it ultimately uncovers or doesn't uncover. While it's certainly a shame that we the people have to waste so much money on these things, that's really the general nature of investigative work.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is all nonsense. The investigations (plural) are still going on and will continue until the evidence proves guilt or innocence. Despite what Trump wishes, law enforcement is not under the control of the President. There are enough single-article propaganda pieces out there for everyone, so choosing one doesn't prove a single thing.

Trump and his entire White House staff are a disgrace, and the sooner he is removed the better.

Hi pescador,

I wholeheartedly agree with your complaint about the current presidential administration. Did you see the report of Mr. Scaramucci's interview with the New Yorker? It just baffles me how people on a christian website can approve of such choices being made by the president as his 'finest and best people installed in his cabinet'. We've never had a presidential administration that is in so much day-to-day turmoil, backstabbing and backbiting. Now we have to listen to some man that you would think would have some reasonable education and social abilities to articulate himself without using the 'f' word as his greatest adjective.

And apparently the president approves.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“actually emailed an assistant from the meeting after [he] had been there for ten or so minutes and wrote ‘Can u pls call me on my cell? Need excuse to get out of meeting.”’ Maybe the collusion didn’t take very long, or maybe he realized what the lawyer had to say was a useless farce and he wanted to get on with his day.
Or maybe Kushner had the sense to realize that he shouldn't be involved in what was being talked about and decided to rescue himself before he heard too much. He's not a stupid guy.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Or maybe Kushner had the sense to realize that he shouldn't be involved in what was being talked about and decided to rescue himself before he heard too much. He's not a stupid guy.

So he was stupid enough to go there when told that they were going to get dirt on Hillary in the first place, but not stupid enough to stick around when he realized that Donald Jr. wasn't using that as a bizarre euphemism for Russian cougers?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When it comes getting the word, knowing the the strategy, you're just a little bit behind.

I didn't realize you worked for Robert Mueller or perhaps you are member of the Congressional committees?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The quest to prove collusion is crumbling

Democrats and their allies in the media have exhausted themselves building a scandalous narrative surrounding the Russian lawyer meeting, but according to Kushner, the meeting was so useless that he “actually emailed an assistant from the meeting after [he] had been there for ten or so minutes and wrote ‘Can u pls call me on my cell? Need excuse to get out of meeting.”’ Maybe the collusion didn’t take very long, or maybe he realized what the lawyer had to say was a useless farce and he wanted to get on with his day.

With the Democrats and their allies in the media beginning to walk away from the collusion story, the single biggest thing keeping this story alive is the president’s obsession with it. No doubt the issue will continue to be irresistible to some of Trump’s haters. Some will never believe the truth, no matter what else is revealed. But if Democrats and the president’s worst enemies can begin to silently acknowledge the obvious and move on, perhaps Trump can, too. Maybe now he will see the futility of continuing to whine, tweet, moan and seethe about the whole non-affair. Maybe the president will now see that he should leave Sessions alone so that he can get on with his work. Maybe he will let special counsel Robert S. Mueller III quietly do his job and the whole “Russian collusion” affair won’t even be a footnote in the retelling of the story of the Trump campaign.

Collusion is being overtaken by obstruction, incompetence with perjury and impeachment warming up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Maybe not stupid, but totally naive politically as is his brother-in-law and father-in-law.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Collusion is being overtaken by obstruction, incompetence with perjury and impeachment warming up.

You realize what happened the last time a President was impeached for obviously political reasons, right? They became more popular. Is that what the Democrats want?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So he was stupid enough to go there when told that they were going to get dirt on Hillary in the first place, but not stupid enough to stick around when he realized that Donald Jr. wasn't using that as a bizarre euphemism for Russian cougers?
The conversation was not about Hillary. It was about a US law that caused Putin to put sanctions on US adoptions of Russian children. If Kushner was smart he would have gotten out of there as soon as possible. Not doing so could be seen, and I believe would be under election campaign rules, colluding with a foreign government.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You realize what happened the last time a President was impeached for obviously political reasons, right? They became more popular. Is that what the Democrats want?
Which president became more popular after they were impeached?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The conversation was not about Hillary. It was about a US law that caused Putin to put sanctions on US adoptions of Russian children. If Kushner was smart he would have gotten out of there as soon as possible. Not doing so could be seen, and I believe would be under election campaign rules, colluding with a foreign government.

Junior went to the meeting because he thought he was going to get dirt on Hillary. That's what got the media up in arms to begin with, and what they considered collusion.

Which president became more popular after they were impeached?

Bubba Bill.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bubba Bill.
He certainly wasn't more popular with me, I voted for him, or with anyone else that I know. In those days, if I could have gotten my hands on him, I may have punched him in the nose.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I care not but that Trump goes into exile.

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
He certainly wasn't more popular with me, I voted for him, or with anyone else that I know. In those days, if I could have gotten my hands on him, I may have punched him in the nose.

Sure, but he was generally seen as more popular according to polling, as little as I care for polls themselves. The Republicans made him more popular by being seen as overreaching and getting personal.

I care not but that Trump goes into exile.

You got a minimum of three+ years before that happens. Even if they managed to impeach him, they wouldn't have enough votes to remove him.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting read, from the WaPo, no less.
From the "PostPartisan" section which is where the opinion writers are kept.

PostPartisan

Ed Rogers, no less: "is ... a political consultant and a veteran of the Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush White Houses and several national campaigns. He is the chairman of the lobbying and communications firm BGR Group, which he founded with former Mississippi governor Haley Barbour in 1991."

Real newspapers have diverse commentary.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
From the "PostPartisan" section which is where the opinion writers are kept.

PostPartisan

Ed Rogers, no less: "is ... a political consultant and a veteran of the Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush White Houses and several national campaigns. He is the chairman of the lobbying and communications firm BGR Group, which he founded with former Mississippi governor Haley Barbour in 1991."

Yes, which is clearly visible to anyone who read the piece. I am well aware the paper's end-goal is still to see democracy die in darkness.

Upvote 0