Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I think a lot of people think the purpose of the Bible is to lay down a set of rules we must follow to enter heaven, when in fact, the purpose of the Bible is to introduce us to our Maker.

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think a lot of people think the purpose of the Bible is to lay down a set of rules we must follow to enter heaven, when in fact, the purpose of the Bible is to introduce us to our Maker.
I think it is both. While it reveals the Creator, His character, and His will... the bible also acts as a daily planner in terms of our daily walk, provided to us by the one who knows us best! :)

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The puropse of the Bible is this:
Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is to teach you what to do and not to do?
Yes and Amen in Christ Jesus.

Yahweh's Word clearly and always shows the difference what happens to those who do what is right vs those who do what is wrong, especially important is in the outcome (end result).

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,271,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen John 5:39

Reactions: dreadnought
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,271,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That which bears true witness of Jesus
IS GOOD, GREAT, WONDERFUL !

Right ! ?

It is very difficult in the world today, in society anywhere, to find any true testimony of Jesus.
Right, His Kingdom is not of this world.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Right, His Kingdom is not of this world.

And only the Ekklesia born of the will of the Father in heaven, immersed in Jesus' Name and sanctified by Him (set apart by Him for Himself)
continually and daily bear true witness of Jesus -
Ekklesia overcome by the blood of the LAMB and by the Word of their Testimony of Jesus,
trusting and relying on the Father in and for all things concerning salvation in this life and in the life to come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The more I read the Bible and the more time I spend with God, the more I realize the purpose of the Bible is for us to come to the revelation that God always wanted a relationship with His creation. The Bible teaches us our identity in the Lord. The more you learn who you are in Christ and whose you are (son/daughter of God), the more you live out your identity in Him.

A child of God is so deeply rooted in Him that he won’t have a desire to sin, which means you don’t need to read the Bible to read instructions, but to learn who you are. It is not an outward change, its an inward one.

Upvote 0

adhidw

Mar 20, 2017
indonesia
✟16,959.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

the purpose of the Bible is to lay down a set of rules we must follow to enter heaven
If so, salvation surely an achievement then.

There are many astonishing problems :

Which one the easier to be followed ?, not eat the fruit of the tree of life intentionally or fulfilling the hundreds of laws ?, If mankind were driven out from Eden , Didn’t it lead us to guess that they surely ate the fruit if they were let to be there a little bit longer ?, wasn't it the very strong proof that mankind are surely vanity creatures( Rom8:20) that by their own will shall never be able to produce any worthy thing in the eyes of God (Isa64:6 , Rom3:10-12) , wasn't it the strong indication that the Premise “Salvation is by God’s Grace alone “ shall work.

Why should then mankind live in this perishable earth prior, before finally reach eternity ?.

How difficult for God to create all His people ( chosen before the creation of the world ) at once in Eden ?.

Why didn’t God prefer use His faithful angels and gave them with eternal bodies, than us ?, wasn’t this scenario simpler?.

So for me, the Bible is His divine words just for Teaching us (His people those had been chosen before the creation of the world ) that finally we be the winners that surely will understand the Salvation is by God’s Grace alone by then we can bring Glory to God ( the purpose of creation ).

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
The Law reveals His judicial side, and the gospel, His graciousness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
TORAH (Scripture throughout) is a set of rules YAHWEH gave His people to live by,
not 'how' to enter heaven though.

I don't remember Him Saying His Word is an introduction though ? Perhaps in different words?
The Lord did say the first, and great, commandment is to love him with all your heart, mind, and soul. Don't you think you need to get to know him in order to do that?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
The puropse of the Bible is this:
Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Do the scriptures save us and give us life, or does the Lord do that?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
It is to teach you what to do and not to do?
The scriptures teach us a lot, and one of the things the scriptures teaches us is that the first, and great, commandment is to love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls.

Upvote 0