Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You made me recall a book where a Jew explained to Christians why they are rich, something like "You guys follow the NT only but all the promises about finances are in the OT, and we follow the OT only." ^_^

Can you name the book? It's not that I'm doubting you, but it sounds interesting. Thanks.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You made me recall a book where a Jew explained to Christians why they are rich, something like "You guys follow the NT only but all the promises about finances are in the OT, and we follow the OT only."
Only those who follow Jesus ever even see heaven and eternal life.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Christianity is about rejecting materialism, save for providing for your immediate needs.
And the needs of others. We have no choice to live under man's financial system, but we need not take the bait and start the rebellious seeking of gain at the unwilling expense of others.

• Agree
Reactions: A Gerbil
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you name the book? It's not that I'm doubting you, but it sounds interesting. Thanks.

Five Wealth Secrets 96% of Us Don't Know by Craig Hill

Another friend of mine, Earl Pitts, told
me of an interesting conversation he had
with his Jewish accountant many years
ago. After discussing his taxes, Earl
queried if he might ask the man a
personal question. The accountant was
happy to oblige him.
Earl then asked, “I assume that you
have both Jewish and Christian clients.
Am I right?”
“Of course,” answered the accountant.
“Tell me honestly, continued Earl,
“Who is more prosperous? Who has
larger financial statements; your Jewish
clients, or your Christian clients?”
As one might suspect, the accountant
chuckled and responded, “My Jewish
clients, of course. Probably about ten to
one in magnitude.”

Earl then asked, “One more question.
Being Jewish yourself, what is your
personal opinion as to why that is?”
The accountant mused for a moment,
then picked up Earl’s Christian Bible,
which he had with him and said
something like the following: “You
Christians tend to live out of the back of
this book, while we Jews tend to live
out of the front of the book.
Unfortunately for Christians, most of the
financial principles are in the front of the
book. So we Jews believe in and abide
by these principles, while you Christians
seem to ignore them and discount them
because they are ‘Old Testament.’
However, I believe that the adherence to
these principles is what causes people to
prosper financially.”

• Informative
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If heaven and eternal life is all you really care about in this world, so be it then.

Its like the story of the cheese and crackers Step Up to God's Banquet Table
No.
I don't think it is like that at all.

1 Timothy 6:9
Study Bible
Contentment in Godliness
…8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with these. 9Those who want to be rich, however, fall into temptation and become ensnared by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. By craving it, some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.…
Berean Study Bible · Download

Living in the Spirit
…6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace, 7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s Law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the flesh cannot please God.…

Cross References

James 4:4
You adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever chooses to be a friend of the world renders himself an enemy of God.

Study Bible
Do Not Love the World
14I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one. 15Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh, the desires of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not from the Father but from the world.…

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No.
I don't think it is like that at all.

1 Timothy 6:9
Study Bible
Contentment in Godliness
…8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with these. 9Those who want to be rich, however, fall into temptation and become ensnared by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. By craving it, some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.…

Living in the Spirit
…6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace, 7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s Law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the flesh cannot please God.…

Cross References

James 4:4
You adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever chooses to be a friend of the world renders himself an enemy of God.

Study Bible
Do Not Love the World
14I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one. 15Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh, the desires of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not from the Father but from the world.…

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.

Yep, as I have stated to Gerbil, "You made me recall a book where a Jew explained to Christians why they are rich, something like "You guys follow the NT only but all the promises about finances are in the OT, and we follow the OT only."

If you disagree and feel very comfortable with just heaven and eternal life, I am fine too.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yep, as I have stated to Gerbil, "You made me recall a book where a Jew explained to Christians why they are rich, something like "You guys follow the NT only but all the promises about finances are in the OT, and we follow the OT only."

If you disagree and feel very comfortable with just heaven and eternal life, I am fine too.
You do know that those who did not follow the NT, who did not accept Yahushua Hamashiach, did not receive eternal life, right ?

What good is it to gain, even the whole world, but lose the soul ?

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do know that those who did not follow the NT, who did not accept Yahushua Hamashiach, did not receive eternal life, right ?

What good is it to gain, even the whole world, but lose the soul ?

Yes I know that. As I have stated to you, If heaven and eternal life is all you really care about in this world, so be it then.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes I know that. As I have stated to you, If heaven and eternal life is all you really care about in this world, so be it then.

So do you want God's Plan for your life now today , or not even now and not in the life to come ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So do you want God's Plan for your life now today , or not even now and not in the life to come ?

Again, you are committing the fallacy of false dilemma, why do you think its eternal life or nothing?

Jesus said he has come to give you an abundant life. There are people who believe that abundant life applies to their life on Earth too. If you don't want to believe that, that is up to you.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Again, you are committing the fallacy of false dilemma, why do you think its eternal life or nothing?

Jesus said he has come to give you an abundant life. There are people who believe that abundant life applies to their life on Earth too. If you don't want to believe that, that is up to you.
I guess you don't get it - the prosperity gospel is a false gospel. Nothing anyone posts or publishes can ever change that.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess you don't get it - the prosperity gospel is a false gospel. Nothing anyone posts or publishes can ever change that.

You do realized its an opinion of yours right?

I get it, you are not going to change your mind, but is it that difficult for you to accept that opinions differ among people?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

I get it, you are not going to change your mind, but is it that difficult for you to accept that opinions differ among people?
That's obvious. That's why Jesus warned not to trust men's opinions, but only trust God's Perfect Judgment and His Justice and His Word.

If men did not sin in trusting the prosperity gospel, if they instead turned to God to believe and to trust Him fully, and to obey Him as He Says to,
then there would not be any prosperity gospel. Same with all the other false gospels - they simply would not be , if men did what Jesus Says to do....

But even Jesus, and His Father, did not stop the disciples from following another gospel when they wanted to follow another gospel - Jesus just let them go, without even trying to stop them nor trying to get them to come back.
Then He warned the disciples with Him about the consequences, as clearly stated in His Word.

Thus, it is for others to be warned, for the false gospel to be exposed, that we still post, God Willing.
Not as if to get those departing to come back, though that might be our prayer, IF God permits.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's obvious. That's why Jesus warned not to trust men's opinions, but only trust God's Perfect Judgment and His Justice and His Word.

What makes you think your own interpretation of Scripture is the correct one, other than for yourself?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What makes you think your own interpretation of Scripture is the correct one, other than for yourself?
I don't believe I can have my own interpretation of Scripture since
Yahuweh forbids that.

Yahuweh will grant wisdom, truth, even salvation by revealing it to little children.

As Jesus says - "you must be becoming (like?) a little child to enter the kingdom of heaven"

THe prosperity gospel has long been exposed as a false gospel. THat is already established for Ekklesia - that is not something new, not even in the last 100 years, maybe much longer ....
It contradicts much of Scripture, and God's Plan, and God's Purpose, as written - which has been proven by Scripture by men and women and even children for many generations.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe I can have my own interpretation of Scripture since
Yahuweh forbids that.

Yahuweh will grant wisdom, truth, even salvation by revealing it to little children.

As Jesus says - "you must be becoming (like?) a little child to enter the kingdom of heaven"

THe prosperity gospel has long been exposed as a false gospel. THat is already established for Ekklesia - that is not something new, not even in the last 100 years, maybe much longer ....
It contradicts much of Scripture, and God's Plan, and God's Purpose, as written - which has been proven by Scripture by men and women and even children for many generations.

I see, since you interpret 2 Peter 1:20 in that manner, thus you have to conclude that your view must be the correct one, and anyone who don't share your view is therefore wrong?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I see, since you interpret 2 Peter 1:20 in that manner, thus you have to conclude that your view must be the correct one, and anyone who don't share your view is therefore wrong?
If you see, then why did you say that : "since you interpret" ?
Yahuweh does not permit private interpretation of Scripture - He did not permit men to write their own ideas in Scripture, and does not permit men to decide what He means either. He said what He means, and does not change for anyone. IF someone wants to know what He means, Apostles, disciples, students, any man or woman or child, they can find out from Him - He does not authorize, but forbids, them to interpret His Word, as He Says.
HIS VIEW is the correct view.
If He does not grant it, then we do not have it.
This is perfectly in harmony with all of His Word. And stated plainly by Him in His Word.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you see, then why did you say that : "since you interpret" ?
Yahuweh does not permit private interpretation of Scripture - He did not permit men to write their own ideas in Scripture, and does not permit men to decide what He means either. He said what He means, and does not change for anyone. IF someone wants to know what He means, Apostles, disciples, students, any man or woman or child, they can find out from Him - He does not authorize, but forbids, them to interpret His Word, as He Says.
HIS VIEW is the correct view.
If He does not grant it, then we do not have it.
This is perfectly in harmony with all of His Word. And stated plainly by Him in His Word.

How do you know for sure YOUR view is equivalent to HIS VIEW? That is what I was asking.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,214.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not entirely.
I had a book about different faiths and the Word of Faith movement was listed as a cult. I'm sure there are others who would say the same.

Upvote 0