The Prosperity Gospel? (Moved from WOF forum)

JGiddings

A work in progress.
Feb 7, 2014
United States
✟8,644.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know this subject has probably been talked to death. I have a question though. I see that prosperity teaching is not just associated with Word of Faith churches. Many denominations teach it.
I want to know that you guys who are against it think about how it's affecting your churches.
Serious question, no mocking on my part. Very curious about this.
Thank you for any answers. :)

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The emphasis should not be on prosperity, unless one clearly states they are speaking about spiritual prosperity rather than worldly possessions. God loves even the poor and common man, and warns against riches.

Really? That's just what the devil wants you to have lack along with humble pride.

Let's try Gods Word to see his will instead of yours

3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

1prosper: financial blessing abundance more than enough.

2health: you know if you don't have faith to feed yourself,you surely will not accept healing.

3soul : your spiritual relationship with God,to know his will,to be a son of God.

God does not warn against riches,he gave Adam everything he created on earth including yes
Gold.

Adam betrayed God and let Satan have it,but Christ took it back a has given all things to those believe on him.

Do you know the difference between foreigner and son.

Try reading this time its the love of money placed before God that is idolatry.

Sometimes I think people never read for them selves they just listen to some guy spewing
Legalism with their rose colored glasses on.
If they were told to make tinfoil horns and charge at the devil they would run head on into a wall.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I know this subject has probably been talked to death. I have a question though. I see that prosperity teaching is not just associated with Word of Faith churches. Many denominations teach it.
I want to know that you guys who are against it think about how it's affecting your churches.

Hope you enjoyed the brisk chit chat,I'm done maybe there are other WOF here to help as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

My apologies for the sarcasm,it was a legitimate question.

But should have been posted in a debate forum rather than a congressional forum.

The spirit filled debate forum would be a good place to repost.

Like all faith groups we get harsh criticism and a great deal of miscommunication about what we believe.

So in the debate forum those wanting to banter can get their fill.

This keeps those in the congressional forum from being distracted from sharing their faith

God Bless

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I wasn't going to post in this thread because it's in the wrong forum.

WOF don't teach the "prosperity gospel".

It's a derogatory term used by critics to mock us.

This is what WOF believe: http://www.christianforums.com/t7586769/

6. We believe prosperity is always God's will for all believers; for the whole person, spirit, soul, and body. The Lord has pleasure in the prosperity of those who serve Him. (3 John 1:2, Psalm 35:27)

7. We believe divine healing is always God's will for all believers; for the whole person, body, soul, and spirit, and is wrought by the power of God. Jesus healed all who were oppressed of the devil. (Acts10:38, 1 Peter 2:24)

8. We believe that all of the Promises of God are always yes and amen, never no; that they are provided for in the atonement of Christ, and are the privilege of every member of the Body of Christ today who will receive them by faith. (2 Corinthians 1:20)

9. We believe that the faith to receive any of the Promises of God comes from hearing God's Word alone; that God's Word is alive and powerful, and every Promise therein contains the faith of God, sufficient to bring itself to pass in the life of any person who believes His Promise in their heart, and confesses it with their mouth. What God has so wonderfully provided by His grace we receive by faith. (Romans 10:17, Hebrews 4:12)

10. We believe that in all things pertaining to life on earth, God is the Author of all that is good; it is only the devil who comes to steal, kill and destroy. God never tempts us, nor uses any element of the curse (Deut. 28) to teach us; He only teaches us by His Holy Spirit revealing to us, the truth of His Holy Word. (John 10:10, James 1:13, Psalm 119:105, John 16:13, Deuteronomy 28)

How do these SCRIPTURE beliefs affect our churches?

They bless our churches in a way that we haven't found in another church.

Our lives are changed from spiritual and natural lack, to spiritual and natural prosperity.

Those of us who can't find a wof church, depend on other wof sources, like this forum, and our favorite wof teachers on cable, internet, satellite, etc to learn SCRIPTURE promises that other churches aren't teaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
This thread doesn't belong in the wof forum.

WOF don't teach the "prosperity gospel".

As the OP stated, non-wof teach the "prosperity gospel".

So for these reasons, this thread should be moved to a universal spot where all who agree or disagree with the "prosperity gospel", can discuss it.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
What is the GOSPEL?

It's the good news of what the LORD JESUS CHRIST did for us through HIS life, death, and resurrection.

IMO, the WOF statement of faith is the most complete list, of any man-made list, of what the Lord has done for us.

HE did for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The emphasis should not be on prosperity, unless one clearly states they are speaking about spiritual prosperity rather than worldly possessions. God loves even the poor and common man, and warns against riches.
Just a little clarification... The first part is correct about the emphasis concerning spiritual and natural prosperity. But WE can have both. Spiritual prosperity can lead to being prosperous in ALL areas of our life... even being financially prosperous... (ALL these things.)
Matt 6:33
"BUT... Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and ALL these things shall be added to you."
The previous verse (vs 32) follows before the "BUT" in verse 33... "for your heavenly Father knows that you need ALL these things."

We can agree that if we "seek Him first" God will add the rest even if it means riches. (this is His promise to us if we BELIEVE). He doesn't warn against "riches." Only the love of it...

"I tried the Word and it didn't work... No! The Word tried you and you didn't work." (Kenneth Copeland)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are YOU seeking to jump through God's hoops that HE sets before you, or do YOU want Him to jump through yours instead???

There's a BIBLICAL WoF - that starts by taking HIS Yoke upon you, and learning of HIM.

And a TOXIC WoF where one tries to learn methods, and rituals, whereby they can get God to do what THEY want him to.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Here is a ritual that was taught by Christ,Word of faith did not invent it we simply believe what our lord teaches.

Mark 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There's a BIBLICAL WoF - that starts by taking HIS Yoke upon you, and learning of HIM.

And a TOXIC WoF where one tries to learn methods, and rituals, whereby they can get God to do what THEY want him to.
That's just the beginning of BIBLICAL WoF, or any other belief for that matter. That's a start, but BIBLICAL WoF matures into... "seeing the unseen" and faith is the key to receiving for it takes faith to bring things from the unseen realm of the spirit into the seen realm. (Rom 4:17, Mk 11:23-24)
We here at WoF forum teach these principals along with other WoF teachings... BUT, "without" learning any methods, formulas, rituals, or forcing God's hand in doing what WE want, as some would erroneously suggest. We don't claim to MAKE God do anything. We take His Word as it is... and that's BIBLICAL WoF.

"You must have knowledge and understanding, and once you understand... Then apply faith and receive." (Unknown)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0