The problem with Afghan Refugees

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
The problem is that when they come over them many come only for the purpose to take over the country to have many children to do so or they are taught to do that later and pressured to do that so they don’t belong in country to stay they should only be protected from persecution times to maybe be in refugee camps or they can choose to go back to country

I believe a president should not be president if he does not do what is right for citizens of country even if people voted for it so one should replace one so if for example Biden president of America or Justin Trudeau president of Canada accepts many afghan refugees into country to allow a great number of them to be in country Biden is not doing it now but he might plan to he should seek to help them though but Justin Trudeau has accepted many and might continue to which can allow for terrorism so he should not be president if he does continue to allow the ones he allows should be allowed temporarily to be in refugee camps their country is Afghanistan so if their country is not safe they have to accept the worser life in refugee camps

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Paradox.79

Jun 27, 2021
Indianapolis
✟10,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The problem is that when they come over them many come only for the purpose to take over the country
No they do not...they come here to escape oppression...maybe 10/15% of Muslims are extremist...there not out to get you, I know alot of them I have worked with them, your view is based on hundreds of years of racism and bigotry. Muslims hating Christians and Jews and Christians and Jews hating Muslims and each other...the average person just wants to raise there kids, work, have a nice home....you need to stop taring and feathering and entire race, relgion, and culture based on the bad apples. If you want I can start posting the sins of the jews and Christians. The Jews committed a systematic genocide of the people who lived in the promised land, they killed innocent woman children...oh wait they did keep the young virgins and we know what was done to them. Christianity has a 2000 year history of rape, murder, torture, theft, and genocide. Native Americans were nearly exterminated...over 90%. In the last 50 years the rape and child molestation of the church has been made abundantly clear. You need to be quiet because I am sorry Christianity and Judaism have as many atrocities in it as Islam.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
Are you a Christian you said you are non denominational why then are you giving negative witness of bible stories to accuse things mentioned in bible allowed by God as being wrong ? If one could to make rule to allow them in country when there is few not many but not on a permanent basis if there are many for them all to be sent back to their country it would be another option but people will work against it to keep them saying once you are citizen and if children are citizens they did nothing wrong and they should be allowed to stay but they came because of persecution and if they came from that in first place they should be allowed to be sent back if they become too many in country as their goal is to take over all countries and they should not be allowed to take over western and Christian countries but if they are too many they should be sent back but only those who ever came from families because they said they are fleeing persecution and it is not their country the whole generation of them but the problem is once they are there they are considered citizens and they will never send them back so they should not accept many and only those which wrote to them which it can be seen persecution is real that everyone witnesses to and no one proves wrong to accept few others not many others should be in refugee camps

The bible says that God did not allow any killing until the nations sins was full because of their wickedness that they would not repent at that time they were even fighting other nations there was no peace everyone wanted to conquer and just because they were all destroyed if they were not evil it does not mean they went to hell as bible says he who killed Egypt in his first born for He is good His mercy endures forever as also saying who gives food to all flesh His mercy endures forever God made a new covenant now so there is no war old was given because people hearts were hard God spoke to Israel then and people could only do certain amount of righteousness before and God judged them by that but they were still not perfect and there were many wicked so they needed to be judged to limit the evil of many and the direction that they tried to lead the countries they lived because they sought to rule over world and so Israel also to say their gods are true while God was showing them He is God

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The bottom line for me is, no one chooses where they are born.

These refugees certainly desired a better life for their families and themselves.
If they could have, they would've remained in Afghanistan, I have no doubt.
So, they ended up here in order to save the lives of their families and themselves.

We give them a chance to succeed. Whether they choose to change or not is up
to them, but have no doubt about it, relocating to a foreign country by force as they
did, is not easy and it won't be easy. We can make more difficult or better, but it's up
to us. As my favorite saint, St Francis of Assisi's memorial was yesterday, I know what I'm suppose to do.

Upvote 0

Paradox.79

Jun 27, 2021
Indianapolis
✟10,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you a Christian you said you are non denominational why then are you giving negative witness of bible stories to accuse things mentioned in bible allowed by God as being wrong ? If one could to make rule to allow them in country when there is few not many but not on a permanent basis if there are many for them all to be sent back to their country it would be another option but people will work against it to keep them saying once you are citizen and if children are citizens they did nothing wrong and they should be allowed to stay but they came because of persecution and if they came from that in first place they should be allowed to be sent back if they become too many in country as their goal is to take over all countries and they should not be allowed to take over western and Christian countries but if they are too many they should be sent back but only those who ever came from families because they said they are fleeing persecution and it is not their country the whole generation of them but the problem is once they are there they are considered citizens and they will never send them back so they should not accept many and only those which wrote to them which it can be seen persecution is real that everyone witnesses to and no one proves wrong to accept few others not many others should be in refugee camps

The bible says that God did not allow any killing until the nations sins was full because of their wickedness that they would not repent at that time they were even fighting other nations there was no peace everyone wanted to conquer and just because they were all destroyed if they were not evil it does not mean they went to hell as bible says he who killed Egypt in his first born for He is good His mercy endures forever as also saying who gives food to all flesh His mercy endures forever God made a new covenant now so there is no war old was given because people hearts were hard God spoke to Israel then and people could only do certain amount of righteousness before and God judged them by that but they were still not perfect and there were many wicked so they needed to be judged to limit the evil of many and the direction that they tried to lead the countries they lived because they sought to rule over world and so Israel also to say their gods are true while God was showing them He is God

My point an its getting me in trouble is no religion or culture is without sin. Read a history book about what Christians did to Muslims and Jews during they crusades reformation and inquisition. Read what Christians did to the Native Americans. God is not the problem, mankind using god as an excuses to commit atrocities is a problem

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My point an its getting me in trouble is no religion or culture is without sin. Read a history book about what Christians did to Muslims and Jews during they crusades reformation and inquisition. Read what Christians did to the Native Americans. God is not the problem, mankind using god as an excuses to commit atrocities is a problem

Perhaps you should read about the Crusades and the Inquisition with today's updated
historical literature. Christians did bad things, but not to the degree which many in
today's society think.

As I posted before, Muslims invaded Europe and made it to within 200 miles of Parish. This was 100 years before the first Crusade was ever called for.

Consider what Muslims would do today if the United States invaded Mecca and stopped Islamic
pilgrimages there ? There'd be a blood bath.

This is essentially what the Muslims did to Christians which caused the Pope to call for the
first Crusade. Of course like in all wars, evils are done and the Crusaders did in fact
do evil. But so did the Muslims.

During the Crusades, the Pope issued a Papal Bull ordering the Crusaders not to harm Jews.

The Inquisition in Spain was nothing more than a Ecclesiastical Court, which our
justice system today is based on. The accused were innocent until proven guilty.
They had the right to have counsel and their cases were heard before a jury.
It was much more just than the King's State court, so much so, that thieves
and murderers sought to have their cases heard before the Ecclesiastical Court
rather than the state court, where they got a better trial. The Church never
executed anyone, but handed the guilty back to the state, who carried out the
prescribed sentence they had for the crimes committed. FYI, in those days
the penalty for stealing a sheep was disembowelments.

Also, only Catholics could be tried in the Ecclesiastical Courts and those Jews
who were tried, were generally fraudulently Baptized for financial and status
purposes rather than faith. The Inquisition sought to determine if they were
true Christians or not. Anyway, when the Church ended the Spanish Inquisition
, the people rioted in the streets as they knew that all future trials would be
back in the King's State Court where it was usually unjust.

In the 400 hundred years of the Spanish Inquisition, it's estimated that about
2500 people were turned over to the state and executed. Those Jews and
Muslims who were found to have been fraudulently Baptized, were exiled.

Upvote 0

Paradox.79

Jun 27, 2021
Indianapolis
✟10,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps you should read about the Crusades and the Inquisition with today's updated
historical literature. Christians did bad things, but not to the degree which many in
today's society think. During the Crusades, the Pope issued a Papal Bull ordering the Crusaders not to harm Jews.

The first crusade pope gave carte blanch to the crusaders to do want they want with a full pardon of there sins as long as long they attacked the Muslims. I know my history as well...and I also know in the last 20 years history is getting doctored to make the sins of the crusaders look less evil.

The Inquisition in Spain was nothing more than a Ecclesiastical Court, which our
justice system today is based on. The accused were innocent until proven guilty.
They had the right to have counsel and their cases were heard before a jury.
It was much more just than the King's State court, so much so, that thieves
and murderers sought to have their cases heard before the Ecclesiastical Court
rather than the state court, where they got a better trial. The Church never
executed anyone, but handed the guilty back to the state, who carried out the
prescribed sentence they had for the crimes committed. FYI, in those days
the penalty for stealing a sheep was disembowelments.
Your actually acting like the inquisition was just...yet they had court and they tortured confessions out of people. And what about the oh lets see about 95k native americans out of 100k killed over a period of 500 years and it started as bringing the word of god to the savages. How slavery that would be 10s of millions of people sold into slavery, killed raped I mean dude you want to rewrite history to make religion look better...go for it.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The first crusade pope gave carte blanch to the crusaders to do want they want with a full pardon of there sins as long as long they attacked the Muslims. I know my history as well...and I also know in the last 20 years history is getting doctored to make the sins of the crusaders look less evil.

Read The First Crusade: A New History by Thomas Asbridge and get your information
updated. It's flawed.

Your actually acting like the inquisition was just...yet they had court and they tortured confessions out of people. And what about the oh lets see about 95k native americans out of 100k killed over a period of 500 years and it started as bringing the word of god to the savages. How slavery that would be 10s of millions of people sold into slavery, killed raped I mean dude you want to rewrite history to make religion look better...go for it.

In the 1500's, the Ecclesiastical Courts were more just than the state courts. In fact they
were closer to our justice system today. Like I posted, when the Church ended the Spanish Inquisition, the people rioted over it, as they had to return to the state courts run by the King
Queen. The level of torture used by the Inquisition investigators, was no worse than what the Chicago Cops used back in the 1930's. There are plenty of books that have updated the history
of the Spanish Inquisition, and although brutal by today's standards, they were not as bad as
previously written on.

Actually, the Black Robes like Saint Isaac Jogues, never killed or tortured any natives.

Saint Among Savages: The Life of Saint Isaac Jogues, by Francis Talbot
He uses the memoirs kept by Isaac Joques and other missionaries, when they
came to the New World to work among the natives in 1636, in what is now
upstate New York and Quebec Canada. He and other missionaries from France
lived among the Heron's and were captured by the Iroquois and tortured.
They never carried any weapons and the French treated the Heron's very
well, to the point that they even exchanged orphan children to live with each
other to learn the language and culture of each.
Fr Jogues was tomahawked to death by a renegade Iroquois in the tribe's village when
the other warriors were gone.

I visited the Shrine of North America Martyrs in Auriesville New York. The Hill of Pain
where Jesuits and laymen from France and Heron Tribes were tortured to death.
One of the Jesuit Priest as taken prisoner by an Iroquois tribe. He as tide to a stake
in the center of the village and the women and children chewed his thumbs off. This was
because they were told that the big chief in Rome had given the priest strong medicine
in their thumb and forefinger. The Native Tribes were not all that nice and practice torture
for sport and cannibalism, before and after the white man's arrival.

To get a picture of later dates on White and Native interaction, "The Empire of the Summer Moon,"
by S. C. Gwynne is very good. Gives the account of the Comanches and other plains Indians, along with the Texan settlers. Comanches were brutal against neighboring tribes long before the white man ever arrived. They drove the Apaches down into Mexico and raided other tribes often. They controlled most of the plains from Texas to Canada. War was their entertainment so to speak.

Upvote 0

RJ Howard

Growing with God
Sep 5, 2021
Saint Paul
Visit site
✟36,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
After hearing people blame the Afghan refuge situation on Trump, I figured I would post a few links on some stories of some issues I learned on some of the problems in taking them in (besides the usual security concerns).

I wasn't a fan of either candidate but just for the safety of America I voted for Trump during the 2020 election. I'm pretty sure most people didn't really care for Biden either. They just voted for him because he wasn't Trump.

I would say, this is actually more of a problem because the way we ended up doing the withdrawal, the people who actually had background checks were largely left behind, while the people we did take were folks who were hanging around the Airport hoping to catch a flight out and were largely unvetted (Yet another thing that Trump or nearly anybody else would have done differently).
Afghan Refugees: Most Not Vetted | National Review

1) Child Brides is the big issue being researched now with the new refugees.

Growing fears child brides brought to US in Afghan evacuation

2) The Popularity of Sharia Law (Which is not really compatible with Western Society).

PolitiFact - Trump mostly correct about Sharia law support in Afghanistan

99% Afghanis prefer making Sharia the law of the land: Pre-Taliban survey by Pew Research shows

3) Child Abuse prevalent in culture especially concerning young boys. This was something I learned 13 years ago to my horror with the movie "The Kite Runner".

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies (Published 2015)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I kind of agree, RJ, it might be helpful to just quote a small part of my statement, because your reply is hidden unless you click on the original quote and notice the change in the original text statement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I think that "the problem with Afghan refugees" is actually a problem with Americans.

We have become a xenophobic nation. If France were to donate a statue for us to place in New York Harbor today, it would be a big brass sign saying "KEEP OUT!"

How many of our ancestors came here to escape famine, religious persecution, war, and worse?

This is pure sentimentality, and irrelevant to the interests of the United States today.

• Agree
Upvote 0