• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

The problem of long path files and tools to solve it

Discussion in 'Arcade Peanut Gallery' started by jamescraig, Nov 3, 2010.

1. jamescraig

jamescraig Newbie

+0
    Catholic
    Engaged
    I want to share with all those who are victim of such long path files
    Long path files are those files which have a path having charcters more than the limit allowed by windows,ie approx 200
    Whenever we want to change,delete,move,cut,omit,share or install such file windows give error like file is copy write protected,it is used by some other application or user,is blocked etc
    First way is to change file name but it dont work
    Second way is to delete such file by holding shift but it also dont work
    Third way is to use a tool which embeds into core and resolves such long path,there are many tools available both freeware and shareware,here are some with their destination websites:
    1.First of all is robocopy which is a tool given by microsoft for copying and xcopying files using command line interface,this robust tool boostes copy procedure but is leaste effective for long path files,i will rate it 1 star
    2.Second one is pathlongtool available at pathlong.com,it is rated 2 star because it has limited functionality in case of mapping and changing such files
    3.Third one is Long path support Api,this is a complex tool for advanced users having complex accessibilities,i will rate it as 2 star,it is avilable at file32.com
    4.Fourth tool is [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ip file gear,it is a file copy gearer which cannot map and delete long path files but is extremely useful in gearing copying of such files,rated as 3 star.It is available at file32.com
    5.The most effective and efficient is longpathtool availabe at longpathtool.com ,it is a small,smart and quick to use software which can be easily downloaded from its site,it has optimum functionality and it can change,search,map from network,omit,copy,install and delete such long path file effectively being rated as 5 star

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. livingandlearning

livingandlearning Newbie

+0
    Christian
    Single
    Nice sharing.Thanks.

3. thomasking

thomasking Newbie

+0
    Hindu
    Single
    Hi. I runned into that same problem too. And after days of searching I finally found this software: Long Path Tool.
    Hi. I runned into that same problem too. And after days of searching I finally found this software: Long Path Tool.
    Vist Our Website
    LongPathTool.com

4. FelixKey

FelixKey Newbie

+0
    Christian
    Married
    I have found a solution for this problem and using for some time. That is Long Path Tool which can simplify and probably end your problems in unlocking, managing and renaming files that appear to have a long filename. You may have problems accessing, managing and even renaming files that have more than 255 characters, Long Path Tool will answer the problems which can handle pathnames up to the internal limit of 32,000 characters! To use the program all you need to do is to download this program online and save all the settings to your computer. This program is compatible with Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7. So do not wait get your problem solved from longpathtool website.

5. AttilaNab

AttilaNab Newbie

+0
    Word of Faith
    Private
    Hello. i was also having the same issue but Long Path Tool helped me in this situation. You can see here PathTooDeep.com It might help you.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Attila

6. Raffaelken

Raffaelken Newbie

+0
    Methodist
    Single
    I think [FONT=&quot]Long Path Tool can help you. you can try this software[/FONT]

7. raisanelly

raisanelly Newbie

+0
    Christian
    Single
    "Long Path Tool" can help you to solve this problem.

8. alexaTS

alexaTS Guest

+0
    I have downloaded Long Path Tool and it helped me a lot .

9. rebeccazoly

rebeccazoly New Member

+0
    Christian
    Single
    [FONT=&quot]I have download Long Path Tool and it is the best solution of your problem.[/FONT]

10. franklo

franklo Guest

+0
    [FONT=&quot]Long path tool is the best solution for your problem. try it and solve your problem.[/FONT]

11. bmiranda

bmiranda New Member

+0
    Utrecht
    Single
    I will suggest that Long path tool is best solution for your problem. Download long path tool

12. anthonyk

anthonyk New Member

+0
    Christian
    Hello,

I suggest you to download new Long Path Tool software that simply allows you to work easily on Long Path files.

Thank you.

13. davedajobauk

davedajobauk dum spiro spero Supporter

+27,154
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    LOL

I came across this by accident
    and, it sounds so much like somebody is trying to SELL
    some software called Long Path Tool
    So many attestations to it's effectiveness
    Mind you, I am biased, due to my never having 'suffered' such problems
    Surely, it is only logical to store files via a 'tree structure'
    ie: Using Hierarchical Named Folders, my files are never more than 5 layers deep

Desktop/My Pictures/Photos/EXsdcard#[foldername]/PhotosCLASS/Photoname
    Desktop/My Documents/Respondent name[foldername]/DocumentSubject/Documentname+date

All modern computers can cope with such storage and retrieval
    A big box of, 'named folders' (to indicate content) is not a problem

I can conceive of: a filename, (inside of) a folder, (inside of) a folder, (inside of) a folder, (inside of) a folder, (inside of) a folder, (inside of) a folder, (inside of) a folder, (inside of) a folder, (inside of) a folder
    quickly becoming somewhat of a problem in system registry :D
    But who..... lives, in such a messy world, I wonder ???

:)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  14. olesia

olesia New Member

+0
    Christian
    Private
    Hi you can use Long Path Tool to resolve the issue you are facing due to long urls. Use Long Path Tool its easy to use.

15. Waterwerx

Waterwerx Well-Known Member

+250
    United Ch. of Christ
    Single
    lol, what in the world are you naming, image files of pharmaceutical compounds by their IUPAC name?
    It must be a huge database if you're resorting to long file names instead of a file system. I've never dealt with large databases & servers, and hope I never have to.

16. davedajobauk

+27,154
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    :D

I was taught, that "Windows 'LOVES' Long Filenames"

I wonder, should I (mention) bring up, the subjects
    of
    'F L A G S' _' T O K E N S ' and even _ ' K E Y S '

Let us start a POLL

to see which of us has EVER needed the services of a LONG FILE HANDLER ??

LOL

There, is a pointless exercise :oldthumbsup:

The conclusion, is already apparent :p

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  17. bonnie1202

bonnie1202 New Member

+0
    Serbia
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Hey, I use the Long Path Tool too! :D Always does the job :)

18. davedajobauk

+27,154
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Do you also have the SAME IP address as the OP ?

How timely, that you should use your FIRST POST (ever) to reply here :scratch:

Whatever happened to introductions............?