Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“She, I think and feel, should choose her own path,” the tweet began. The “she” is the Texas high school valedictorian Paxton Smith. She’d achieved brief national fame for springing on the people gathered at the graduation an attack on the state’s new abortion law. She’d said she was “terrified” that she might get pregnant and not be able to abort her baby, because she thought her life would be ruined.

I’d commended an article by another high achiever, the pro-life scholar Jacqueline Abernathy. Her article in the Catholic Herald was titled “Why Listen to the Misogynists, Paxton? A Woman Doesn’t Need Abortion to Succeed.” She argued that a woman with an unexpected pregnancy can still succeed in life, without killing her baby.

“Who convinced you that we as women are so weak that we have to oppress our own offspring if we want to achieve something in life?” she asked Smith. “What misogynist lied to you? And why did you believe it? Look around. Evidence to the contrary is everywhere. I’m not saying that becoming pregnant at a young age is good, that it is no big deal to try to raise a child before you are ready and without a partner in life. What I’m saying is that abortion is not the solution to those struggles.”

@LnowMr, using the name ‘auqalelac ‘I DISSENT'” continued the tweet: “Yes, she can succeed if she has a baby before she could afford parenthood, but, she deserves the option, doesn’t she?”

Continued below.
The Pro-Choicer Says We're Dumb and 'Antiquated', When We're the Modern Ones | The Stream

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There was an except from atheist Tom Holland's book Dominion: The Making of the Western Mind that has been making the rounds this week. I think his conclusion is indisputable, and it's borderline amusing when irreligious people try to refute it.

jvezcotk0b451.png

Upvote 0