Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The scaristy incident which was reported to a webzine by a single person who wouldn't give their name?
A name like Fr. Guarnizo?

From his statement:

A few minutes before the Mass began, Ms. Johnson came into the sacristy with another woman whom she announced as her “lover”. Her revelation was completely unsolicited. As I attempted to follow Ms.Johnson, her lover stood in our narrow sacristy physically blocking my pathway to the door. I politely asked her to move and she refused.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This thread is about the priest speaking...

Fr. Marcel Guarnizo’s Response to the Eucharistic Incident
I would like to begin by once again sending my condolences to the Johnson family on the death of Mrs. Loetta Johnson.
I also feel obliged to answer questions from my parishioners, as well as from the public, about the incident on February 25th....

The sacristy is not reported by some unknown - it is the priests words now.

Good word - sacristy - for the alphabet thread. :p

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are reading my mind.

I don't know why it would be anon otherwise.

I hope it isn't him, doesn't reflect well on him if it is. Officials who speak on the condition of anonymity usually do so because they are not permitted to talk about something at the time.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hope it isn't him, doesn't reflect well on him if it is. Officials who speak on the condition of anonymity usually do so because they are not permitted to talk about something at the time.
That or someone asked that no names be dropped for whatever reason. I hate being put in that position. But people often request it.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A brief thought on the phrase ‘manifest sin’ in Canon 915...
As I look through the continuing blogosphere commentary on the lesbian/Communion case, I see many people confusing the concept of “manifest sin” in Canon 915 with the notion of, I dunno, something like “manifestly sinful”. Those two phrases mean different things*, I suggest, and Canon 915 speaks only in terms of the former, not the latter.

Upvote 0