Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone with any military background will concur that when you pull out from a country:

First: American Citizens
Second: Equipment and weaponry.
Third: Military personnel.

Bagram Airforce base with double the runways of Kabul, with a secure perimeter of almost a mile had the men and equipment to safely move every American Civilian in Afghanistan to the base.

They had weaponry larger than most countries, now in the hands of the Taliban. They had air traffic control and security - they had holding facilities for tens of thousands. All secure and all having been secure for 19 years.

The President in his haste to leave took the military out FIRST, abandoning the secure base, with 40 billion in weaponry, vehicles and aircraft.

The President in his haste to leave ignored his military advisors.

The President in his haste to leave stranded thousands of Americans.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone with any military background will concur that when you pull out from a country:

Bagram Airforce base with double the runways of Kabul, with a secure perimeter of almost a mile had the men and equipment to safely move every American Civilian in Afghanistan to the base.

They had weaponry larger than most countries, now in the hands of the Taliban. They had air traffic control and security - they had holding facilities for tens of thousands. All secure and all having been secure for 19 years.

The President in his haste to leave took the military out FIRST, abandoning the secure base, with 40 billion in weaponry, vehicles and aircraft.

“The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: He turneth it whithersoever he will.” Proverbs 21:1 (KJV 1900)

Looks like judgment.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Hundred percent agreed. This disaster is historic and puts every other american retreat to shame in its ineptness.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Between 1 & 2
I would like to squeeze in those of the Afghan people who have been loyal in assisting the coalition forces for many years and promised in writing safe passage out…if not, they are doomed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Between 1 & 2
I would like to squeeze in those of the Afghan people who have been loyal in assisting the coalition forces for many years and promised in writing safe passage out…if not, they are doomed.
I really hope future local helpers are taking notes and will think twice about cooperating with the armies involved in this. Especially the german one. The german airforce flew out 7 (SEVEN) people in one plane. Better to fly out with an almost empty plane than take on afghan that might not be 100 % qualified for extraction. It's inhuman.

UPDATE: Why a German military plane rescued just seven people from Kabul

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Nation building doesn't work whether it's Bush, Obama, Trump, or Biden. Leaving weapons and equipment behind is part of that. The entire foray into Afghanistan is a huge disaster.

Interesting that you're not upset about leaving behind Afghanis who helped the US against the Taliban.

Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Part of me thinks this would have been a train wreck no matter who was behind the helm. The other part of me thinks we should have been discreetly evacuating our people for months, so as not to have to rush people out with the Taliban already back in control now.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nation building doesn't work whether it's Bush, Obama, Trump, or Biden. Leaving weapons and equipment behind is part of that. The entire foray into Afghanistan is a huge disaster.

Interesting that you're not upset about leaving behind Afghanis who helped the US against the Taliban.

Interesting that you do not know that we have recued more Afghanis than Americans so far, and that doesn't bother you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Part of me thinks this would have been a train wreck no matter who was behind the helm. The other part of me thinks we should have been discreetly evacuating our people for months, so as not to have to rush people out with the Taliban already back in control now.

It seems you have put more thought into that reply than our President has in the whole of the matter. That is just my opinion.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Interesting that you do not know that we have recued more Afghanis than Americans so far, and that doesn't bother you.
So you think it's interesting that something I don't know doesn't bother me? How is that interesting? Nobody could be bothered by something they don't know.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Interesting that you do not know that we have rescued more Afghanis than Americans so far, and that doesn't bother you.

So you think it's interesting that something I don't know doesn't bother me? How is that interesting? Nobody could be bothered by something they don't know.

Ahem....... pot, meet kettle

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ahem....... pot, meet kettle
Not at all - You claimed I didn't know something and said it's interesting that what I didn't know didn't bother me. Of course it wouldn't bother me, it couldn't if I didn't know. "Pot, meet kettle" doesn't apply in any way here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Let's start with 1 - American Citizens:

Since March, 2021 - the State department informed Americans (repeatedly) to leave Afghanistan starting in March of this year. The state department even offered funding to assist with their departure. Americans who have chosen to stay until now are accountable for their decision.

For those who are interested in learning more, Sec of State Blinken described the extensive efforts of the State department to communicate with Americans in Afghanistan this year....

[of course such details are not useful for folks who are interesting in driving a political narrative that Biden has "stranded thousands of Americans"]

Secretary of State Blinken Secretary of State Blinken News Conference on Afghanistan | C-SPAN.org

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

US forces have been withdrawing equipment since 2014 - end of the last "surge". Since Trump's agreement with the Taliban, the US military stepped up those efforts. Any equipment left was intentionally left with the Afghan military. Anytime the US equips a foreign force, it's an inherent risk that equipment will one day fall into enemy hands.

I'm not even sure why this is being raised as in issue....unless the Op is proposing that our military should stay indefinitely.....

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I could see this coming a mile away.....they are setting up for the narrative ....the blame will go to the citizens.
It's been a botched withdrawal from the get-go.... Own it!
I know that will not happen, because accountability is as foreign as the puppet master is.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That was a Pentagon decision (to leave Bagram Air base), approved by the President. But apparently you know better...

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It had to be willful. Why one might ask? Because he has advisors and they have advisors

Upvote 0