The prayer at the mingling of water and wine--What does it mean to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,811.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"By the mystery of this water and wine may we come to share in the divinity of Christ, who humbled himself to share in our humanity."

I was interested in reading everyone's reflections about what that means to them, or what they feel it means to all believers.

This is my reflection. I did not consult with any theology books before reflecting (disclaimer.)

The water and the wine are a metaphor for mankind and Jesus. The "mingling" of the water and the wine is similar to what happens when we receive Jesus in the Eucharist, and 'share in the divinity of Christ.'

We are what we eat, or so the fitness gurus say. When we are nourished by divine food, we carry a little bit of that divinity within us, because that food is used for cellular repair and creation, among other things.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
This is my reflection. I did not consult with any theology books before reflecting (disclaimer.)

The water and the wine are a metaphor for mankind and Jesus. The "mingling" of the water and the wine is similar to what happens when we receive Jesus in the Eucharist, and 'share in the divinity of Christ.'

We are what we eat, or so the fitness gurus say. When we are nourished by divine food, we carry a little bit of that divinity within us, because that food is used for cellular repair and creation, among other things.
That's what I was going for---really--our personal reflections about it :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.