✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
PraiseChallenge.jpg

I got the idea to create this thread a few days ago, based on a principle established in Psalms 34 and Acts 16:
Psalms 34:1 said:
I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.
Acts 16:25-26 said:
About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose.

We are encouraged to praise God at all times, in both the good situations and bad, in the highs and the lows. It may not always be easy; often times we may get upset things don't a certain way, or we may become too distracted / busy. But, applying this principle daily can help us to have joy and peace that is independent of feelings or circumstances. It also allows us to recognize God's absolute power, love and sovereignty, and helps us to learn to trust Him in a deeper way (even when we don't see the whole picture). Even negative situations are meant to work to our benefit (Romans 8:28).

No matter what the circumstance today or how busy you are, can you set time aside to give God praise? Praise can constitute a general post thanking or honoring Him, worship songs, videos, pictures, custom lyrics, personal art or photos, etc. You can even get creative if you like. :oldthumbsup: :clap:

I.E. Are you thankful for something He is doing, or hopeful for what He will do? What about God inspires you? How has He blessed you today, or perhaps in the past?

Last edited:

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. —Jeremiah 29:11

From the little girl who delighted in doll clothes and furnishing her dollhouse. To the adolescent making a skirt and modeling it. And the teen in a fashion class who couldn’t draw. Became His anointed designer and servant.

God is good! :yellowheart:

C6FA1D6B-8361-4D75-8B3F-A0AF1CB7A4B1.jpeg

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I cannot put into words the depths of the thankfulness, the adoration and all encompassing love that I have for my Lord God, it is beyond explanation.
He is my life.
My very reason for living.

Abba Father.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me, I must praise the Lord for His Spirit physically guiding me in what most would consider to be the most menial or unimportant little decisions in daily life, that He always physically lets me know He is here, and is for me and not against me, in spite of my own sins. And that He always comforts and forgives me when I know I have sinned greatly.

I definitely never, ever want to go through a great sickness of obsessive fear and crippling anxiety as the ocd that I endured for nearly a year several years ago, but the reward of a deeper communication with the Spirit from thereon is still a much greater "light at the end of the tunnel" than I deserve from Him.*

.... Of course, He Himself is so good that I know He intended for me to make it through that trial all along, that He would never have allowed me to give up or fail in any way.

* You may remember a post from me some months ago in WYOM where I had felt that the time I was graciously allowed to have such seemingly intimate communication with the Spirit had come to an end, and I must go on without it in daily life. Apparently that was only for a small time, and only permanent where matters of worklife was concerned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟146,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
God is wonderful! :amen: I thank Him for the good times I had in the past, and for helping me get through the bad times with school and such. I'm thankful for my loving and caring friends and family, for the talents He gave me, for His protection and presence in my life.

I may not always be a good daughter to Him and I may not be deserving of the good things He has given me; I'm thankful that He still loves me and can forgive me even in spite of my mistakes and faults.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm thankful for God's provision, protection, guidance and blessing, and for the great friends He's brought into my life. Both last year and 2019 have been exceptionally tough, and things often didn't go as expected. My loved ones have also had it rough. But, the Lord has always seen us through. =)

Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you God for giving me a chance to find your love and share your love with your creation.
Thank you for blessing me with ability and oportunity to follow my dream.
I trust your plan with my family and our lives.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
By Your stripes, I am healed
With one touch I am made whole
You have spoken, and I know that it is so
In the storm You are peace
And Your love won't let me go
You have spoken, and I know that it is so...

It Is So - Elevation Worship

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rigatoni

Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've noticed in the past that when I put God first, above my work and everything else, things seem to just flow naturally. It's a lot easier to solve problems that arise, and visualize what I'm working on - like God is in the midst of it, blessing it every step as I go.

This has been my experience lately as well. After wrestling with a stubborn problem with development spanning over a few days, I took a step back and brought my focus back to God. He brought clarity soon after, and now I'm back to making consistent progress. It's a somewhat surreal experience because at times it feels like there's a wall in front of me blocking progress in almost every way possible. Yet, there are also times when I feel like there's a door wide open, where things just seem to fall into place by themselves.

I'm thankful that He helped me overcome this major hurdle, and reinforced keeping Him as my focus. There is a definite peace when my eyes are kept on Him. :) The verse Deuteronomy 28:12 also comes to mind:

Deuteronomy 28:12 said:
The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rigatoni

Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry to hear about what was happening to you, Anthony. My prayers for you, that those problems will stop soon, and for the other member to improve. :purpleheart:
Thanks Multis. :hug::blueheart: Our friendship has definitely been a blessing to me, please don't ever change. :)

The situation is over now. I don't want to bring attention to what happened, just to the victory God gave me over it. I'm free now, and choose to respond in love. The enemy attacked what could have been something good and edifying, that's all. But, God used it for good and for my benefit, and I won't give the enemy any place in me.

From now on though, any connections I seek must be built on unconditional love, boundaries and God as the focus / foundation.

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0