US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You shall cling to the Lord your God as you have done this day. For the Lord has driven out before you great and strong nations. And as for you, no man has been able to stand against you. One man of you puts to flight a thousand, since it is the Lord your God who fights for you, just as He promised you. Be very careful, therefore, to love the Lord your God. For if you turn back and cling to the remnant of these nations....Know for certain the Lord your God will no longer drive out these nations before you, but they shall be a snare and a trap for you, a whip on your sides and thorns in your eyes, until you perish from this good ground that the Lord your God has given you. (Joshua 23:8-13)

The above verses are the explanation of many of our failures as Christians. The land has been given. The power has been given to take it, but somewhere along the line we have turned back, come up short, and failed to go in.

I once knew a Christian who would say of their failure to overcome certain sins, " God is good, but I am weak." I would say to them, "Are you so weak then that God has met His match?"

The Lord never leaves us without a test. The Canaanites were no joke. They were a prosperous, cultured people for their day. And they also had Chariots of Iron that the Israelites feared (Joshua 17:16-18). They also had things that the Israelites must have lusted after, been enticed by, and dragged away. One commentary says this about them: What was it about the Canaanite religion and culture that proved to be such irresistible attraction? The land of Canaan was awe inspiring to the Israelites, as can be seen in the story of the spies who reported its wealth and strength (Numbers 13) To a recently freed slave people, accustomed to the hardships of life in the wilderness, the cosmopolitanism and material wealth of Late-Bronze-Age Canaan, could not have failed to impress {End Quote}.

The end result of all of this was the Israelites for all their initial success went no further. The way became too difficult for them, the foe too formidable, and the ease of just mixing in and enjoying some of the fruits of Canaan too tempting. And so this was the beginning of the end for them. By the end of Judges the whole thing has fallen apart. It is a picture of utter defeat, chaos and impotence. The snare of the above versus had sprung. The Thorns had become gaping wounds, and the whip on their sides had beaten them down. They had become a trapped beaten people, wondering where it all went, and why it did so.

This path is repeated again and again amongst His people, and it is repeated over and over until this very day. It is therefore worth repeating the steps again. (1) A directive by God is given us. (2) We see it is going to take utter obedience to God to the nth degree to carry it out. (3) We are then perplexed and amazed when the battle ensues and the difficulty begins. We are simultaneously bewildered by our foe and entranced by its enticements (4) We then begin to doubt and question God's ability to do it, our strength to carry it out, and if God is with us after all. (5) We wonder things like why He doesn't just perform miracles, snap His fingers and make the whole thing go away and make it easy for us? (6) The tests God gives us then begins to baffle us. The way becomes too narrow. The Difficulty too strong. And the Path to Long. (7) And finally it just becomes easier for us to pat ourselves on the back. Enjoy the distance we have come. Say, "Oh well we tried. We did our part after all but....." Stay put. Stay where we are. Begin mixing in, Enjoying some of the fruits and experiences of Canaan around us. And then convince ourselves, "Hey we are probably in the right place anyway." Or (8) Become so convinced that we are so weak, and our situation is so unique, that it leads to our utter despair, our belief God is for everyone except us, and our utter break down to believe Him for our life at all.

What is the answer then? What should we do when the Iron Chariots Come, and the riches of Canaan entice? What should we do when it just seems easier to give in and give up?

The answer is so simple it is infuriating to one who believes he has "tried." The answer is to take God at His word, burn all your bridges back to Canaan as a means of escape, Pick up your cross and go on. I once heavily smoked and had many other addictions when I came to the Lord. My life was an absolute mess. With some of these I tried and failed early on just like many other Christians. I prayed furiously and asked for prayer even more furiously to no avail. The secret to overcoming my failures I learned was this. When you finally mean business with the Lord, the Lord will mean business with you.

One day I saw it all and and saw what I needed to do. I knew the Lord was not going to just flash bang every problem away. He was going to make me go out onto the plains and face the iron chariots. My honor and integrity depended upon Him. With One, He would defeat a thousand, as the verse says. But it was going to take the one who was willing to go out and stand against the thousand. The cigarettes and all the other addictions, fornication, booze, gambling etc. had to be put down. No half empty pack stored away somewhere, "Just in case". No, the utter and absolute decision was going to have to be made. The ships were going to have to be burned leaving no escape from the island I had left myself on. The whole thing was going to have to be put in God's hands, leaving myself no plan B.

When I put these things on the altar for good and He saw I meant it fire did come down and take that offering. It wasn't the fire of Elijah, but it was the miraculous fire of faith working in obedience. It wasn't easy. Chariots of Iron never are. But it was miraculous. Day by day the grace was given me to get though, until one day I came out of the forest on the other side into a great field of light, the sound of trumpets, and the shout of victory. The Lord had prevailed. The Iron Chariots had been defeated. One had stood against a thousand and prevailed in His Lord. The riches of Canaan and all its power were no more.

But if this message just stopped there it would stop well short of where it needs to land. As wonderful and miraculous as these embarrassing, heinous ,dirtier sins are to be delivered from, you learn the longer you walk with the Lord, they are just the tip of the ice-berg the depths the Lord intends and needs to go.

In a large part it is we His people, Christianity as a whole, that has stopped well short of where we needed to be. We have not gone in. We have not taken the land God so desired us to have. Christ is that land, and we are His people. The riches of Him await. The chariots of Canaan and the lust of the land thereof stand in our way. He is looking for a people in this day who's hearts burn within them. Who sees what He is really after. Who are willing to burn the ships of Canaan, step out onto the plains and face the thousand. Whatever it costs, whatever it takes to go onward for the Lord to prevail.

For those who do they will see the chariots fall, the land taken, and the light of Christ in a brand new day. For those who stay put they will see further decline, disintegration, chaos, the trap sprung, the thorns sharpened, cultures blended in until you can't tell them apart, the whips pulled out, His people beaten down. It is happening now. It has been happening for quite some time. So today if you hear His voice do not harden your hearts as you did in past rebellion. Step out into the light. Face the chariots. Go into battle with Christ. If you do. The victory will surely be yours.

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟30,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
You shall cling to the Lord your God as you have done this day. For the Lord has driven out before you great and strong nations. And as for you, no man has been able to stand against you. One man of you puts to flight a thousand, since it is the Lord your God who fights for you, just as He promised you. Be very careful, therefore, to love the Lord your God. For if you turn back and cling to the remnant of these nations....Know for certain the Lord your God will no longer drive out these nations before you, but they shall be a snare and a trap for you, a whip on your sides and thorns in your eyes, until you perish from this good ground that the Lord your God has given you. (Joshua 23:8-13)

The above verses are the explanation of many of our failures as Christians. The land has been given. The power has been given to take it, but somewhere along the line we have turned back, come up short, and failed to go in.

I once knew a Christian who would say of their failure to overcome certain sins, " God is good, but I am weak." I would say to them, "Are you so weak then that God has met His match?"

The Lord never leaves us without a test. The Canaanites were no joke. They were a prosperous, cultured people for their day. And they also had Chariots of Iron that the Israelites feared (Joshua 17:16-18). They also had things that the Israelites must have lusted after, been enticed by, and dragged away. One commentary says this about them: What was it about the Canaanite religion and culture that proved to be such irresistible attraction? The land of Canaan was awe inspiring to the Israelites, as can be seen in the story of the spies who reported its wealth and strength (Numbers 13) To a recently freed slave people, accustomed to the hardships of life in the wilderness, the cosmopolitanism and material wealth of Late-Bronze-Age Canaan, could not have failed to impress {End Quote}.

The end result of all of this was the Israelites for all their initial success went no further. The way became too difficult for them, the foe too formidable, and the ease of just mixing in and enjoying some of the fruits of Canaan too tempting. And so this was the beginning of the end for them. By the end of Judges the whole thing has fallen apart. It is a picture of utter defeat, chaos and impotence. The snare of the above versus had sprung. The Thorns had become gaping wounds, and the whip on their sides had beaten them down. They had become a trapped beaten people, wondering where it all went, and why it did so.

This path is repeated again and again amongst His people, and it is repeated over and over until this very day. It is therefore worth repeating the steps again. (1) A directive by God is given us. (2) We see it is going to take utter obedience to God to the nth degree to carry it out. (3) We are then perplexed and amazed when the battle ensues and the difficulty begins. We are simultaneously bewildered by our foe and entranced by its enticements (4) We then begin to doubt and question God's ability to do it, our strength to carry it out, and if God is with us after all. (5) We wonder things like why He doesn't just perform miracles, snap His fingers and make the whole thing go away and make it easy for us? (6) The tests God gives us then begins to baffle us. The way becomes too narrow. The Difficulty too strong. And the Path to Long. (7) And finally it just becomes easier for us to pat ourselves on the back. Enjoy the distance we have come. Say, "Oh well we tried. We did our part after all but....." Stay put. Stay where we are. Begin mixing in, Enjoying some of the fruits and experiences of Canaan around us. And then convince ourselves, "Hey we are probably in the right place anyway." Or (8) Become so convinced that we are so weak, and our situation is so unique, that it leads to our utter despair, our belief God is for everyone except us, and our utter break down to believe Him for our life at all.

What is the answer then? What should we do when the Iron Chariots Come, and the riches of Canaan entice? What should we do when it just seems easier to give in and give up?

The answer is so simple it is infuriating to one who believes he has "tried." The answer is to take God at His word, burn all your bridges back to Canaan as a means of escape, Pick up your cross and go on. I once heavily smoked and had many other addictions when I came to the Lord. My life was an absolute mess. With some of these I tried and failed early on just like many other Christians. I prayed furiously and asked for prayer even more furiously to no avail. The secret to overcoming my failures I learned was this. When you finally mean business with the Lord, the Lord will mean business with you.

One day I saw it all and and saw what I needed to do. I knew the Lord was not going to just flash bang every problem away. He was going to make me go out onto the plains and face the iron chariots. My honor and integrity depended upon Him. With One, He would defeat a thousand, as the verse says. But it was going to take the one who was willing to go out and stand against the thousand. The cigarettes and all the other addictions, fornication, booze, gambling etc. had to be put down. No half empty pack stored away somewhere, "Just in case". No, the utter and absolute decision was going to have to be made. The ships were going to have to be burned leaving no escape from the island I had left myself on. The whole thing was going to have to be put in God's hands, leaving myself no plan B.

When I put these things on the altar for good and He saw I meant it fire did come down and take that offering. It wasn't the fire of Elijah, but it was the miraculous fire of faith working in obedience. It wasn't easy. Chariots of Iron never are. But it was miraculous. Day by day the grace was given me to get though, until one day I came out of the forest on the other side into a great field of light, the sound of trumpets, and the shout of victory. The Lord had prevailed. The Iron Chariots had been defeated. One had stood against a thousand and prevailed in His Lord. The riches of Canaan and all its power were no more.

But if this message just stopped there it would stop well short of where it needs to land. As wonderful and miraculous as these embarrassing, heinous ,dirtier sins are to be delivered from, you learn the longer you walk with the Lord, they are just the tip of the ice-berg the depths the Lord intends and needs to go.

In a large part it is we His people, Christianity as a whole, that has stopped well short of where we needed to be. We have not gone in. We have not taken the land God so desired us to have. Christ is that land, and we are His people. The riches of Him await. The chariots of Canaan and the lust of the land thereof stand in our way. He is looking for a people in this day who's hearts burn within them. Who sees what He is really after. Who are willing to burn the ships of Canaan, step out onto the plains and face the thousand. Whatever it costs, whatever it takes to go onward for the Lord to prevail.

For those who do they will see the chariots fall, the land taken, and the light of Christ in a brand new day. For those who stay put they will see further decline, disintegration, chaos, the trap sprung, the thorns sharpened, cultures blended in until you can't tell them apart, the whips pulled out, His people beaten down. It is happening now. It has been happening for quite some time. So today if you hear His voice do not harden your hearts as you did in past rebellion. Step out into the light. Face the chariots. Go into battle with Christ. If you do. The victory will surely be yours.
Brad regarding your post. I have been in full-time ministry since 1994, I've been a Christian since I was 11, I have taught the word for many years, counseled struggling people, I'm a writer, author, have had several books published, am an avid reader, and have been a student of the Word of God for the majority of my life.... All of that said for this purpose....

That was one of the best, most accurate, most edifying, God inspired pieces of writing I have ever had the privilege of reading!

To be honest with you, I receive so many emails every day just from CF alone and to be honest with you I read very few of them. I can usually tell by the title and the first couple of sentences whether they're worth reading. I used to read a lot of them but I found over time it seemed like people are writing these things more for themselves then they were for actually helping others. Especially when you see those individuals just that just post piece after piece after piece after piece endlessly and they're long huge pieces, which most people are not going to read so they're really just doing it for themselves to make themselves feel like they're doing something, they're making a difference. In contrast however, when I saw your post the Spirit of God moved and wanted me to read that post, when I opened it and saw how long it was it didn't matter because I knew God was in that post. So I read it and once again it is truly incredible.

Now you have posted this in a public forum, which usually means that people don't care about whether or not it is used or reproduced by other people. I believe your essay would be an excellent addition to my teaching library to be given out or reposted with certain teachings, with you credited for it of course. I will not do that without your permission, but I am asking for your permission. Will you allow me to put this wonderful God inspired essay into my teaching library?

Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brad regarding your post. I have been in full-time ministry since 1994, I've been a Christian since I was 11, I have taught the word for many years, counseled struggling people, I'm a writer, author, have had several books published, am an avid reader, and have been a student of the Word of God for the majority of my life.... All of that said for this purpose....

That was one of the best, most accurate, most edifying, God inspired pieces of writing I have ever had the privilege of reading!

To be honest with you, I receive so many emails every day just from CF alone and to be honest with you I read very few of them. I can usually tell by the title and the first couple of sentences whether they're worth reading. I used to read a lot of them but I found over time it seemed like people are writing these things more for themselves then they were for actually helping others. Especially when you see those individuals just that just post piece after piece after piece after piece endlessly and they're long huge pieces, which most people are not going to read so they're really just doing it for themselves to make themselves feel like they're doing something, they're making a difference. In contrast however, when I saw your post the Spirit of God moved and wanted me to read that post, when I opened it and saw how long it was it didn't matter because I knew God was in that post. So I read it and once again it is truly incredible.

Now you have posted this in a public forum, which usually means that people don't care about whether or not it is used or reproduced by other people. I believe your essay would be an excellent addition to my teaching library to be given out or reposted with certain teachings, with you credited for it of course. I will not do that without your permission, but I am asking for your permission. Will you allow me to put this wonderful God inspired essay into my teaching library?
Of Course! And thank you for your most encouraging word to me. I have told the Lord He doesn't need one thing from me. And if it ever gets to that point please put an end to it. I am thankful you saw something birthed by Him in this writing. That is all that really matters. May it be broken bread and poured out wine for others. Use it however the Lord leads. If it leads just one in your ministry to step out , lay hold of Him, and face the chariots it will be well. This is what I have always prayed for . Please let me know how I could read some of your own content also. I am sure I would be blessed by it.

Upvote 0

By_the_Book

Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟30,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Of Course! And thank you for your most encouraging word to me. I have told the Lord He doesn't need one thing from me. And if it ever gets to that point please put an end to it. I am thankful you saw something birthed by Him in this writing. That is all that really matters. May it be broken bread and poured out wine for others. Use it however the Lord leads. If it leads just one in your ministry to step out , lay hold of Him, and face the chariots it will be well. This is what I have always prayed for . Please let me know how I could read some of your own content also. I am sure I would be blessed by it.
Thank you for your permission, it is greatly appreciated. The piece will come in very handy as a companion piece in future teachings.

I would like to affirm a couple of other things that I saw in you. You may think that many of the people who serve in the Lord Jesus' name have the same type of heart and spirit towards service as you do but experience and wisdom has taught me that is not true. So please do not become disillusioned should you begin to see that, because you have a genuine sincere heart for what God wants, and you must never let anything interfere with that.

Just as I have no doubt that what I'm sharing with you now is what God wants me to share with you. There were a couple of things that you stated in this last message...
"poured out wine for others"
"Use it however the Lord leads."
"If it leads just one in your ministry to step out , lay hold of Him,..."

Regarding these three statements. Somewhere between about 1994 and 1998 God spoke very similar things to me as I am sensing is the heart of these words you have written.
1- I had just gone into ministry, it was tough, the people are rough on you, and God brought me that Scripture where Paul talks about being a love offering poured out as a sacrifice for the people he serves to build their faith. Your words about being poured out wine for others speaks that same meaning.
2- God let me know very early on that the writing I would do was not my own. That I was to make it available in the ways that He showed me. That I was never too demand that someone pay for it and I had to always be willing to give it away. You obviously have that type of heart, one that's willing to share the Words that God has given you. I don't know if you've ever heard of him, Keith Green, he got in so much trouble with the music industry because he would give away his albums, this was back in the '70s, instead of charging people for them. He always had everything he needed and his ministry flourished, I have always had everything I needed to do ministry. However, people who are supposed to be serving the Lord can be so greedy that they believe they're entitled to have anyone and everyone pay whatever they ask for their work. Now I am a published author and people pay for my books but there is a difference between being paid and requiring payment.
3- When I first went into ministry God told me that I had to serve one individual with the same heart that I would serve 1,000. That to Him teaching one was just as important as 1,000. I knew in that moment that if I did not believe that and do that I would never teach the 1,000. That is the heart I see in your statement when you write if the piece leads just one person closer to Christ then it was worth it. That's the kind of heart God can use.

Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to affirm a couple of other things that I saw in you. You may think that many of the people who serve in the Lord Jesus' name have the same type of heart and spirit towards service as you do but experience and wisdom has taught me that is not true. So please do not become disillusioned should you begin to see that, because you have a genuine sincere heart for what God wants, and you must never let anything interfere with that.

You mention coming to the Lord at 11, you were blessed to come to the Lord at such a young age. I see from your profile page that I am a little older than you, but I did not come to the Lord until I was a very troubled 30 year old. So it is nearing 30 years that He has been my Lord and Savior. He took me from that day by a way unknown to me ( Isaiah 42:16). It has not been an easy way. It has been a painful way. A difficult way. He had to break me of all of my own illusions as to who I thought He was, What I thought Christianity to be, and what I thought to serve Him actually was. It has not been a way easily seen by others. Perhaps you yourself would not agree with some of the ways He has led me. But it has been His way. And I am thankful that at the very least that though others may not always agree with the method, they can like you, at least see the fruit of His results.

So I am not disillusioned by the pain, nor by the state of things, or the conflict. Jesus knew what it meant to have "No place to lay His head." And so should we. He had been pushed out. Given no place. So I understand. But with that said I would welcome any and all of your prayers, and do thank you for your genuine concern. I could say so many things about my fragile state. So I am ever in need of His love prevailing over all my shortcomings, and His strength ever holding me up in all my weakness.

2- God let me know very early on that the writing I would do was not my own. That I was to make it available in the ways that He showed me. That I was never too demand that someone pay for it and I had to always be willing to give it away. You obviously have that type of heart, one that's willing to share the Words that God has given you. I don't know if you've ever heard of him, Keith Green, he got in so much trouble with the music industry because he would give away his albums, this was back in the '70s, instead of charging people for them. He always had everything he needed and his ministry flourished, I have always had everything I needed to do ministry. However, people who are supposed to be serving the Lord can be so greedy that they believe they're entitled to have anyone and everyone pay whatever they ask for their work. Now I am a published author and people pay for my books but there is a difference between being paid and requiring payment.
3- When I first went into ministry God told me that I had to serve one individual with the same heart that I would serve 1,000. That to Him teaching one was just as important as 1,000. I knew in that moment that if I did not believe that and do that I would never teach the 1,000. That is the heart I see in your statement when you write if the piece leads just one person closer to Christ then it was worth it. That's the kind of heart God can use.

From about 8 years in Christ, until about 17 or 18 years in, I wrote prolifically, though unlike you I was not published nor did I ever seek to be so. But in various way I would disseminate the things I wrote here and there to little pockets of believers or believer ( Never for pay or any gain of course). But then the Lord had me put it all away, and has made me sit in silence and prayer for about the last 11 years until I wrote my first public thing here on CF in August of this year. I think every last vestige of anything I wanted for self in serving Him had to be burned away in the fire in that time. I have learned it is not only important to have the right words, but the right Spirit has to also be in those words. He has also shown me the importance of solitude, listening, stillness and prayer. I believe a man or woman of prayer, alone with God like Daniel was can touch the ends of the earth. As I have said before in some of my writings, Nebuchadnezzar could move men and nations, but the prayers of Daniel could move the heavens. This is our voice in this day, when the voice of man and deception seems so strong!

So I believe there is something that comes up out of those fires, that wilderness, that is purer, more real, more authentic for the Lord than all of our fleshly work could ever be.. So no, I have no ambition with this. I have never had nor have to this day any social media presence what so ever except this forum I am writing on now, that I have done so since August. I have always been a man of no reputation, a man of obscurity, nothingness and brokenness, and will probably die one and be better for it!

I am simply a voice crying in the wilderness for anyone who will hear. I come out from my hole to simply tell others what God has been speaking to me in Midian all of these years. I have no more ambition than that.

Thank you so much dear sister for taking the time to encourage me. You have been a blessing to me. And Thank you for your kindness in sharing all your thoughtful words!

Upvote 0

By_the_Book

Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟30,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
You wrote, "learned it is not only important to have the right words, but the right Spirit has to also be in those words."

So true!

It has been a blessing for me as well to share openly and mutually with a kindred spirit, one that truly understands at its core what it means to be a servant of Christ.

I would like to ask one other question. Can you relate to or have you been described as the following? I came to Christ at a young age and people always told me that I had what they considered to be a very old soul, which basically meant I was very spiritually mature for my age and had an abnormal or as I would put it a God amount of wisdom and insight. Before any formal training or any education, by The Spirit of God the insight into His Word and the wisdom for life was just there. To me it seemed normal, but after a while it became obvious by other people's comments and being exposed to other Christians that it was not "normal" per se. Have you experienced people sharing those kind of thoughts with you? I asked because you appear to be very deeply insightful, the kind that comes from God.

Reactions: YahuahSaves
Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You wrote, "learned it is not only important to have the right words, but the right Spirit has to also be in those words."

So true!

It has been a blessing for me as well to share openly and mutually with a kindred spirit, one that truly understands at its core what it means to be a servant of Christ.

I would like to ask one other question. Can you relate to or have you been described as the following? I came to Christ at a young age and people always told me that I had what they considered to be a very old soul, which basically meant I was very spiritually mature for my age and had an abnormal or as I would put it a God amount of wisdom and insight. Before any formal training or any education, by The Spirit of God the insight into His Word and the wisdom for life was just there. To me it seemed normal, but after a while it became obvious by other people's comments and being exposed to other Christians that it was not "normal" per se. Have you experienced people sharing those kind of thoughts with you? I asked because you appear to be very deeply insightful, the kind that comes from God.

To some degree I can relate to that, but at points I think our experiences diverge. I don't think the Lord has ever been too interested in me receiving pats on the back or accolades for much of anything HA! That includes both from the Christian world, and the secular world.

In some way I think this was Christ's experience. They knew there was something different about Him, they knew something was there, but He walked in a way that was so against the tide of the establishment of His day , that it was easier to cast Him off as a lunatic than take the time to hear Him out. If He wasn't all for them and their view on things, they certainly weren't going to go to bat for Him. I think that has been my experience by and large with a few exceptions here and there.

The last thing in the world I wanted when I became a Christian was to be controversial. All I wanted was to be normal, whatever that was. I was tired of being different, and not well thought of, and I cringed at controversy. But my goodness, I had such a passion and burning and love in my heart for My Savior, for the mercy He had shown me, what He had pulled me out of , that I yearned to please Him with all of my heart. And thus He tested me in that, and didn't spare me early on. It seemed from day one He was bringing me up against the cost and what it meant to follow Him. I can remember key junctures along the way that were pivotal points. If I had chosen another way it would have probably ended up differently for me. But for some reason, by His grace and mercy, I was able to push through and be obedient.

So yes, for me it was normal. It was so crystal clear what I needed to do. And it seemed in those days that He supernaturally poured His word out upon me and Yes did give me wisdom beyond my years. But I have always asked myself, would He not do that for anyone who was willing? But there was so much to fight through back then as I know it is now and more so. It's a wonder any of His children can push through.

But It was so evident to me to me what His word and Spirit were saying together. He made it come alive and seemingly literally jump from the pages. But as soon as I responded, it seemed I was met by those who should have known, and should have been mentors, as if I had just dropped down from the moon. It seemed like people could take His word and make it say anything, whatever they wanted it to be. And my goodness it was a bewildering, terrifying, excruciatingly painful time. It is so grieving to me, even to this day.

But as time has gone on, even some of those from back then, probably now see it in a different way. "you know you were right back then. I should have listened." kind of things. And certainly some I was able to come into contact with along the way, have been able to take the time to see me in a different light. Sometimes it just takes taking a step back and put the pen down to see if you can check all the boxes and just listen. If they had done that in Jesus day, they might have looked past who He was outwardly, the seeming deranged carpenter's son form Nazareth, and begin to see the beauty of who He was within. I don't hold myself in the same light of course. I have made plenty of mistakes. He did not! But we do share in His sufferings. The short of it is when you lift up the cross, few there are who truly want to follow. It's not a thing that builds megachurches. Boy sorry this is so long what a rant! Ha

Upvote 0

By_the_Book

Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟30,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
To some degree I can relate to that, but at points I think our experiences diverge. I don't think the Lord has ever been too interested in me receiving pats on the back or accolades for much of anything HA! That includes both from the Christian world, and the secular world.

In some way I think this was Christ's experience. They knew there was something different about Him, they knew something was there, but He walked in a way that was so against the tide of the establishment of His day , that it was easier to cast Him off as a lunatic than take the time to hear Him out. If He wasn't all for them and their view on things, they certainly weren't going to go to bat for Him. I think that has been my experience by and large with a few exceptions here and there.

The last thing in the world I wanted when I became a Christian was to be controversial. All I wanted was to be normal, whatever that was. I was tired of being different, and not well thought of, and I cringed at controversy. But my goodness, I had such a passion and burning and love in my heart for My Savior, for the mercy He had shown me, what He had pulled me out of , that I yearned to please Him with all of my heart. And thus He tested me in that, and didn't spare me early on. It seemed from day one He was bringing me up against the cost and what it meant to follow Him. I can remember key junctures along the way that were pivotal points. If I had chosen another way it would have probably ended up differently for me. But for some reason, by His grace and mercy, I was able to push through and be obedient.

So yes, for me it was normal. It was so crystal clear what I needed to do. And it seemed in those days that He supernaturally poured His word out upon me and Yes did give me wisdom beyond my years. But I have always asked myself, would He not do that for anyone who was willing? But there was so much to fight through back then as I know it is now and more so. It's a wonder any of His children can push through.

But It was so evident to me to me what His word and Spirit were saying together. He made it come alive and seemingly literally jump from the pages. But as soon as I responded, it seemed I was met by those who should have known, and should have been mentors, as if I had just dropped down from the moon. It seemed like people could take His word and make it say anything, whatever they wanted it to be. And my goodness it was a bewildering, terrifying, excruciatingly painful time. It is so grieving to me, even to this day.

But as time has gone on, even some of those from back then, probably now see it in a different way. "you know you were right back then. I should have listened." kind of things. And certainly some I was able to come into contact with along the way, have been able to take the time to see me in a different light. Sometimes it just takes taking a step back and put the pen down to see if you can check all the boxes and just listen. If they had done that in Jesus day, they might have looked past who He was outwardly, the seeming deranged carpenter's son form Nazareth, and begin to see the beauty of who He was within. I don't hold myself in the same light of course. I have made plenty of mistakes. He did not! But we do share in His sufferings. The short of it is when you lift up the cross, few there are who truly want to follow. It's not a thing that builds megachurches. Boy sorry this is so long what a rant! Ha
Don't be sorry for the length of your message at all.

I don't think our paths were as different as you might think they were. I just realized and accepted very early on that the situation was going to be, on many occasions, pretty much what you've described. This may sound really bad but it's not meant to be... if s person is widely accepted by what is deemed as Christianity in the general populace of both society and the church something is compromised in their walk. So what you describe to me seems perfectly normal for an individual who is actually walking with Christ and attempting to live out a godly life.

However I do understand from experience having to go through all of that on a regular basis is quite heartbreaking for someone who simply wants to please Christ.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You always inspire me to look into the deeper things of God. Thanks

• Friendly
Reactions: Brad D.
Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't be sorry for the length of your message at all.

I don't think our paths were as different as you might think they were. I just realized and accepted very early on that the situation was going to be, on many occasions, pretty much what you've described. This may sound really bad but it's not meant to be... if s person is widely accepted by what is deemed as Christianity in the general populace of both society and the church something is compromised in their walk. So what you describe to me seems perfectly normal for an individual who is actually walking with Christ and attempting to live out a godly life.

However I do understand from experience having to go through all of that on a regular basis is quite heartbreaking for someone who simply wants to please Christ.

Yeah all of that is long past now, so it is well. I have accepted, have peace and moved on. Perhaps you were prepared by a family who knew the cross and the ways of the Lord, so had no expectations? I was raised in a very fractured family, that had limited dealings with the church, and just assumed back then if you went to church on Sundays you were living a Godly Christian life. Truly I was that Naïve when I went in. My son now who is grown wouldn't have those expectations either, because He has been brought up to know the Lord in a different way. But for me back then, it was a shock when I saw how Christ was only allowed to come so far and touch so many things. I met some meaningful good brothers and sisters along the way. But the system, there is a ceiling you are always coming up against, and you dare not pass it. I tried several times at several different churches, until the Lord broke me, and led me outside the camp. I wasn't mad at anyone, just knew that to go on with the Lord I was going to have to leave that way of doing things behind. And there were other personal factors that stemmed from very churched heavily involved Christians of the extended family I married into that also made it complicated and painful back then. But at the end of the day, Only the Spirit can show someone when it is time to move on and yet still love doing so without resentment. Many years though and a lot of water have passed under the bridge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You always inspire me to look into the deeper things of God. Thanks
Blessings CK! Thank you so much! I saw you agreed and thought those buttons had disappeared forever. You found them and helped me find them too. :)

Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessings CK! Thank you so much! I saw you agreed and thought those buttons had disappeared forever. You found them and helped me find them too. :)
I meant of course your encouragement blessed me. The check mark was just gravy, if something got lost in the translation ha!

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have found that enduring is the guarantee that the Holy Spirit leads us forward but it's not always the way we expect to be led. I'm very limited access to the forums because of puter breakdown but that doesn't limit the HS, it enhances the quality of the experience in the silence. I would love to hear about your lessons from therein. More so than you are already sharing because just an onlooker seems eminently coming up.

Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have found that enduring is the guarantee that the Holy Spirit leads us forward but it's not always the way we expect to be led. I'm very limited access to the forums because of puter breakdown but that doesn't limit the HS, it enhances the quality of the experience in the silence. I would love to hear about your lessons from therein. More so than you are already sharing because just an onlooker seems eminently coming up.

Just curious an onlooker because of the computer problems or the will of the Holy Spirit, or He is using one to bring you into the other? You don't have to answer if you prefer not though. I have sensed there are some things perhaps you are sorting out. But don't know? Your words are good though, perhaps they are my confirmation to write about that side more. The writing living in the Moment was along those lines. But then this burden to write this current writing also came up, so I never know. He leads I write. But it has been brewing in me for more of those things to come out, so I very much appreciate the input.

but it's not always the way we expect to be led
Very True!

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just curious an onlooker because of the computer problems or the will of the Holy Spirit, or He is using one to bring you into the other? You don't have to answer if you prefer not though. I have sensed there are some things perhaps you are sorting out. But don't know? Your words are good though, perhaps they are my confirmation to write about that side more. The writing living in the Moment was along those lines. But then this burden to write this current writing also came up, so I never know. He leads I write. But it has been brewing in me for more of those things to come out, so I very much appreciate the input.

Very T

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry if I'm confusing. It's just after nearly 45000 posts I've suddenly run out of things to write about like the HS has become silent. The last thing I was writing about was the silence.

Dropping my computer after just getting it restored and having to use my phone has reduced usage to dinosaur status again. Nothing to worry about there except old age setting in.

It seems like the HS is forcing me to sit it out. I'm torn in both directions.

Of course you must follow the Holy Spirit in all these things.
That's just my experience of being willing to go on but not sure how.

Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry if I'm confusing. It's just after nearly 45000 posts I've suddenly run out of things to write about like the HS has become silent. The last thing I was writing about was the silence.

Dropping my computer after just getting it restored and having to use my phone has reduced usage to dinosaur status again. Nothing to worry about there except old age setting in.

It seems like the HS is forcing me to sit it out. I'm torn in both directions.

Of course you must follow the Holy Spirit in all these things.
That's just my experience of being willing to go on but not sure how.

Perhaps the best thing you can do is just to be still like the tree. Trees are like that you know :) . Take each day that the Lord has given you and all that has happened and accept it from His hand. You don't have to make any definitive decisions today or tomorrow. Just do each day what He gives you and nothing more. One thing I know you will never have posted beyond the wisdom, freshness and relevance of God. Even at 45k post you haven't even scratched the surface of the content and supply available in Him. If He wants you to post more, He has an inexhaustible supply. You will know exactly what to do and say. But until He does consider it all joy just to sit in silence with Him. Maybe He wants you to Himself for a time. Let writing or silence all be the same to you. Fenelon said " Consider a small child at play, toys and diamonds are the same to them, one has no more value than the next, what God chooses for you should also be the same."

So Sit in the unknowing until you know, for as long as it takes. Some of His deepest secrets are learned when we lay everything down and do nothing but love Him, and do nothing to save ourself. That in of itself is one of His greatest works. It is a divine paradox. So when you feel yourself anxious and restless do no not run. Embrace the fire. sit in it. Be still in it. Love Him in it. There is something divine in that. There is often something we come into there that is sublime.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you. I think that is the confusing part of perseverance is that it's not just for strappling trees but often applies to winter when the figs of the tree should be green . I can't remember the exact reference for that. But Perseverance doesn't mean actions from your explanation and I appreciate that.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you. I think that is the confusing part of perseverance is that it's not just for strappling trees but often applies to winter when the figs of the tree should be green . I can't remember the exact reference for that. But Perseverance doesn't mean actions from your explanation and I appreciate that.
Too often we feel guilty letting go

Upvote 0