• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

The Power of Prayer

Discussion in 'Testimonies' started by ReesePiece23, Jun 6, 2020.

1. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+3,697
    Christian
    ... I always knew that it was a powerful thing, this prayer bit . But today was a reminder of just HOW powerful prayer really is.

On Thursday morning - as I lumbered across the seafront, I asked God for a few things: some silly (because why not?), some serious, one or two personal things, and a few prayers for people who I have become - shall we say, just slightly concerned about of late. (You know when you JUST know that someone isn't okay?)

One of my requests was for Him to spare my step father from being made redundant. After months of uncertainty - and with absolutely NO word from his boss, he was understandably starting to fear the worst. (It's only him and my mother living in that house, but still, no one wants to have their livelihood stripped away - especially when you are that bit older and you just want an easy life.)

I was very specific. I said: "jab his boss with your stick God - and goad him in to phoning my step father tomorrow to ask him to return back to work on Monday." Because to be fair, my step father's anxiety has been through the roof for months over all of this, and he's literally NOT been sleeping much - if at all.

What do you think happened Friday morning? After months of ZERO communication, my step father received a phone call from his boss to ask him to come back to work on Monday.

SO, if you take just ONE thing from all of the nonsense I say on these forums, it's this: pray with conviction and be VERY specific with what you want. If you need something taking care of, just hand it over to Him and it'll be done. Let MY reminder be YOUR reminder too.

I've actually been meaning to make a post like this for years, because this is far from a one-off situation. Far, far from it. The work He has done in me as a direct result of prayer, is worthy of a novel - and I'm 100% serious when I say that.

Forgive me for any grammatical blunders, I'm currently multitasking (I'm a man - lol)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+6,160
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    God works in mysterious ways.

Thank you for sharing your testimony. It gives hope to those that pray without ceasing knowing that God does care and answers our prayers.

God bless you

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. ReesePiece23

+3,697
    Christian
    Thank you, sir.

You've earned yourself a Bonio.

4. Lost4words

+6,160
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Woof! :p

5. ReesePiece23

+3,697
    Christian
    Sit!

Paw...

Other paw...

*chucks biscuit*

(Oh, trust me to turn a serious thread silly.)

6. Tigger45

Tigger45 St. Patrick Apostle to Ireland Supporter

+9,337
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Awesome! Thx for sharing \o/!

7. Little Lantern

Little Lantern Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world! Supporter

+3,046
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Very encouraging and a blessing. Thank you.

8. Lost4words

+6,160
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    I can sit on my hind legs and beg with both paws even at my old age! 2 bonio?

9. ReesePiece23

+3,697
    Christian
    If you take the second one back to your cage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Mak33y

Mak33y Soar Like An Eagle

+50
    Philippines
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Thanks for the encouragement.