Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am currently studying the power of God, specifically Biblical Love. I was wondering what all you all might like to add to my Biblical search. The study starts with this passage Matthew 22:29 which in context tells us that the power of God/Love is the power to not be deceived. So that is where I started. Thanks for an contributions you might offer that I can add to my study.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I am currently studying the power of God, specifically Biblical Love. I was wondering what all you all might like to add to my Biblical search. The study starts with this passage Matthew 22:29 which in context tells us that the power of God/Love is the power to not be deceived. So that is where I started. Thanks for an contributions you might offer that I can add to my study.

The power of love is a curious thing. Make a one man weep, make another man sing. Change a hawk to a little white dove. More than a feeling, that's the power of love.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself, but I blame you since the thread title put the song in my head first.

• Friendly
Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The power of love is a curious thing. Make a one man weep, make another man sing. Change a hawk to a little white dove. More than a feeling, that's the power of love.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself, but I blame you since the thread title put the song in my head first.
I don't know the song but I had to smile because that would have been the kind of answer my husband would have given if he knows the song.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I don't know the song but I had to smile because that would have been the kind of answer my husband would have given if he knows the song.

Don't know the song? What a tragedy.

• Friendly
Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Glad you asked for the biblical version for many teach the worldly one.
Well, let us start with what paul said.
cause in truth if we do not have charity then we have nothing .

Many are gving much goods to the poor , YET KNOW not charity.
So what is charity or love and what IS IT NOT is just as important.
Charity does NOT rejoice in inquity and it don't behave itself unseeminly. it rejoices IN TRUTH alone.
have you seen tha word Unseemingly before.
IF not lets read romans chapter ONE
God gave them over unto vile affections for even the women did change that which is against nature
and the men ALSO giving themselves over to vile affections , man WITH man
working that which is UNSEEMINGLY. so we know gay marriage is not love.
NOW let us go on.
Love DOES not desire anyone to perish. It corrects , it chasntens all whom it loves.
LIKE GOD , he IS LOVE and he chastens and scourges all he loves too.
LIKE paul , who once said though the more abundantely I LOVE YOU
the L E S S I be loved. cause puals love came from GOD and it CORRECTS
and those who follow the flesh WONT LOVE who corrects it.
Remember love rejoices IN TRUTH not inquity.
IF we LOVE TRUTH we are OF HIM. IF we love righteousness and our brother we are OF HIM.
but if we love not we warn nor remind none . we jus hug , say all is well and let folks sit in sin
and say God is love and its all good, IF WE LOVE NOT .
the all inclusive seeker friendly interfaith , ITS A LIE , its NOT LOVE , love would warn
for it desires NONE to perish. just let that soak in a bit.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Glad you asked for the biblical version for many teach the worldly one.
Well, let us start with what paul said.
cause in truth if we do not have charity then we have nothing .

Many are gving much goods to the poor , YET KNOW not charity.
So what is charity or love and what IS IT NOT is just as important.
Charity does NOT rejoice in inquity and it don't behave itself unseeminly. it rejoices IN TRUTH alone.
have you seen tha word Unseemingly before.
IF not lets read romans chapter ONE
God gave them over unto vile affections for even the women did change that which is against nature
and the men ALSO giving themselves over to vile affections , man WITH man
working that which is UNSEEMINGLY. so we know gay marriage is not love.
NOW let us go on.
Love DOES not desire anyone to perish. It corrects , it chasntens all whom it loves.
LIKE GOD , he IS LOVE and he chastens and scourges all he loves too.
LIKE paul , who once said though the more abundantely I LOVE YOU
the L E S S I be loved. cause puals love came from GOD and it CORRECTS
and those who follow the flesh WONT LOVE who corrects it.
Remember love rejoices IN TRUTH not inquity.
IF we LOVE TRUTH we are OF HIM. IF we love righteousness and our brother we are OF HIM.
but if we love not we warn nor remind none . we jus hug , say all is well and let folks sit in sin
and say God is love and its all good, IF WE LOVE NOT .
the all inclusive seeker friendly interfaith , ITS A LIE , its NOT LOVE , love would warn
for it desires NONE to perish. just let that soak in a bit.
Oh so many things I would like to say here about Love. God asked me to do a deep study of Love for over 10 years now, it is a much bigger topic than most people can wrap their minds around.

Funny story...not long ago I said that Love sometimes hurts as in God correcting His children but it never does harm...I was told that I was listening to a demon for saying such things...isn't that telling?! hahaha

Okay, back to point...One of the "powers" of Love that I am working on is that of keeping us from sin...amen. I am not sure I would list correction itself as a power of Love but it definitely is a way God empowers us to be without sin. Along with that we could add study of the word, meditating on His commands, memorizing the scriptures, prayer, etc.

I like the first one you mentioned as well...the power to know truth. Which is kind of where I started.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Cor. 13 and 1 John 4 helps define Godly type Love, but really it is everything Christ said and did.
If Love compels God to do all He does do then would it not be the most powerful force in the universe and why God is Love?
agreed, but the question is how is it powerful...iow's what does it have the power to do....before I got interrupted with a phone call I was studying how Love gives us everything we need to live a godly life.

So it is the power to not be deceived, the power to live a righteous life, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
agreed, but the question is how is it powerful...iow's what does it have the power to do....before I got interrupted with a phone call I was studying how Love gives us everything we need to live a godly life.

Love drives out fear, so you do not have to be afraid.
To do anything right (righteously) you must have Love and just as Paul was compelled to do all he did by being compelled by Love all we should do should be the result of God's Love compelling us. If you have this love, it will compel you:
Wash the dishes, mow the Lawn, change a diaper, read a story to the kids, go to a kid's soccer game, talk to a neighbor about Christ and bless the person who just cut you off.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Love drives out fear, so you do not have to be afraid.
To do anything right (righteously) you must have Love and just as Paul was compelled to do all he did by being compelled by Love all we should do should be the result of God's Love compelling us. If you have this love, it will compel you:
Wash the dishes, mow the Lawn, change a diaper, read a story to the kids, go to a kid's soccer game, talk to a neighbor about Christ and bless the person who just cut you off.
I hadn't thought about the power to not be afraid yet...bravo.

And Love is the power to Love...amen

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Exactly. God His love is seen in grace alone . the grace which draws us to faith in Christ.
That GOD did love the world so he sent his only begotten son .
But most forget what the grace of GOD which brings salvation DOES.
And now a word from pual.
FOR the grace of GOD which brings salvation has appeared, TEACHING US
to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts to be living soberly Righteously , godly .
YEAH LOVE does give us everything we need to live a godly life.
For as paul said over and over
and peter too said, For on the cross he bore our sins
that we being DEAD to sins, SHOULD live unto righteousness. Not unto sin , unto RIGHTEOUSNESS
by the POWER of the true Holy spirit. way too many spirits out their
teaching so many perversions of gosples way too many versions of jesus.
a hint if a spirit does not teach holiness righteous living , then it aint from the HOLY SPIRIT
its a wrong spirit that is seducing and alluring through the lusts of the flesh.
IF the spirit aint having us t owalk as did our LORD, then its not from JESUS , its from the world.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. God His love is seen in grace alone . the grace which draws us to faith in Christ.
That GOD did love the world so he sent his only begotten son .
But most forget what the grace of GOD which brings salvation DOES.
And now a word from pual.
FOR the grace of GOD which brings salvation has appeared, TEACHING US
to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts to be living soberly Righteously , godly .
YEAH LOVE does give us everything we need to live a godly life.
For as paul said over and over
and peter too said, For on the cross he bore our sins
that we being DEAD to sins, SHOULD live unto righteousness. Not unto sin , unto RIGHTEOUSNESS
by the POWER of the true Holy spirit. way too many spirits out their
teaching so many perversions of gosples way too many versions of jesus.
a hint if a spirit does not teach holiness righteous living , then it aint from the HOLY SPIRIT
its a wrong spirit that is seducing and alluring through the lusts of the flesh.
IF the spirit aint having us t owalk as did our LORD, then its not from JESUS , its from the world.
amen but this also brings up another "power" of Love, that of salvation. it is the power over both death and sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
1 Cor. 13 and 1 John 4 helps define Godly type Love, but really it is everything Christ said and did.
If Love compels God to do all He does do then would it not be the most powerful force in the universe and why God is Love?
Would not say that anything compels God, but LOVE may be the compellingness of God.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
can you elaborate please...thanks in advance.
Your welcome - an advance!

Seems to me it may be quite appropriate to think God operates through love - that is, love compels us.
I think Spirit and spirituality is based in sex - it is the motive force at the basis of all we do, or at least much of it, if we seriously examine ourselves. Can women see this also, does it make sense, or is it too novel an idea even to be considered?

edit: Discussing "the power of love," without mentioning sex, to me seems pretty far from getting to the heart of the matter.
Is not the love in the marriage bed the most intense and profound and at least at times can seem to be the closest to God we will ever come?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your welcome - an advance!

Seems to me it may be quite appropriate to think God operates through love - that is, love compels us.
I think Spirit and spirituality is based in sex - it is the motive force at the basis of all we do, or at least much of it, if we seriously examine ourselves. Can women see this also, does it make sense, or is it too novel an idea even to be considered?

edit: Discussing "the power of love," without mentioning sex, to me seems pretty far from getting to the heart of the matter.
Is not the love in the marriage bed the most intense and profound and at least at times can seem to be the closest to God we will ever come?
hum...my gut reaction is no, sex isn't the bases for Spirit and spirituality in that the world preverts sex on so many levels. Then as I think about this I remember that the church is the bride of Christ...which is not a sexual relationship but a marital one. In fact, scripture talks about there not being marital relations in heaven. So I guess the next question I would have for you in an attempt to understand is...what is your definition of Biblical Love?

Upvote 0