• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The power of God's love to heal

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depression can serve to bring us more good life with Jesus. It has taken me many years to conclude this but i have kind of understood this for awhile already.

When God is still absent in our depressed state than depression brings us untold misery. i have been there and been stuck down there for many years. Being told that i had a depressive illness didn't help, but rather brought me the will to finish it all off through suicide, realising i would need to struggle with depression all my life brought me more hopelessness not less.

It wasn't until i pondered on Jesus and how He dealt with bad life coming His way over against my own, that made me realise that His greatest suffering brought about the redemption of the entire Creation, while my worst moments made me decide on suicide as the answer to my problems. i realised i needed to change my ways but didn't quiet know how to go about doing that stuck in pit 24/7

Once i understood that Jesus had suffered immensely worse than i ever did, i understood that Jesus had developed an unbelievable way of dealing with it. He simply loved bad life away. His love is a two edged sword, just as much as the words of His mouth are.

Finding Jesus back in my depressive state was great. After the initial conflict i brought His way by getting angry with Him when He revealed Himself to me. i raged at Him for 'deserting me' for all these many years, but His loving truth brought my words back upon myself, for i had deserted Him and His truth that is why i was in it so incredibly deep listening to the lies of my depression. The truth doesn't mince any words when there is guilt, He just materialises the charges, which exposed the wicked ones that clanged to me like parasites. He sure knows how to divide the sheep from the goats right within our own hearts He does that!

It is amazing what happens when we read the bible as a personal address from God to our own inner world of being. So often i used to read Scripture for others, but to really find the power of these words, is to live them in love within yourself The living word to meet. The more we love Him and the Kingdom that He brings alive in our hearts the stronger we are fighting satan.

This is the lesson i learned from our heavenly Father. Love The truth and speak the truth in love. Love also the truth of your neighbour, don't hate them because they have fallen. Love them with true sincerity and uprightness and serve those fallen ones in love. That is the only way to connect to the healing power of Jesus Christ. To love instead of hate the sinners made such a enormous change in my life that in all my divided self i seek to serve His name now.

i survive my worst depressive bouts much easier now than in the past, and each time The Lord brings more good life come forth out of it. i have gained love, endurance, long suffering, patience, self-control, kindness, gentleness and understanding of His ways. Loving truthfully brings the Word alive right within our chest. And spiritually The Lord is never slow in fulfilling His promise. i have learned to love Him like i love nobody else.

All praise to Jesus for loving us true.