Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Italian transsexual Alessia Nobile, who has visited the Holy Father on several occasions, showed the press a handwritten letter that Francis sent her calling her “dear sister”.

"Dear sister, thank you very much for your email," Francis writes to the transsexual Alessia Nobile, in a letter shown to the press by the subject himself. "I was touched. I agree with you on the bias issue. It hurts so much! In the eyes of God we are all his children, and that is what counts! We have a Father who loves us, who is close with compassion and tenderness. Everyone, no one excluded. This is precisely God's style: closeness, compassion, tenderness. I pray for you, do it for me. May the Lord bless you and the Virgin keep you. Fraternally, Francis.

Alessia Nobile, Italian transsexual activist and author of 'The invisible child', along with five other transsexuals, met last June with the Pope in a private audience at the request of the pontiff himself, and has told the Italian news portal Fanpage about the meeting.

It was Sister Genevie, a nun who lives in an amusement park near Rome, who proposed the meeting to the Pope. "Bring them all," was Francisco's reply.

Continued below.
El Papa escribe una carta a un transexual validando el sexo elegido

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't understand. This would've been so easy to not do. There are so many other salutations that wouldn't have invoked sex either way: "Dearly beloved", "Fellow beloved of Christ", etc.
We all call that kind of thing an 'unforced error'.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Do we know it's not fake? I mean, his signature's right there on Wikipedia. Forging a letter like this would not be beneath a diabolical agent like this.
Somebody could ask him. He seldom gives clarifying remarks though.

Upvote 0