The Pope meets with the president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I still vote because I believe it is prudent to vote for the person who displays the most godly attributes and will, in my opinion, do the best job. I am sure that you are aware that the local, state, and national governments are organizations set up to govern and work for the people they represent. I know that you believe in separation of church and government. That being said, it is important that we are vigilant regarding our right to worship God and live according to the His teachings. We should also acknowledge the rights of others.
I noticed that we have similar beliefs about baptism in that little children do not need to be baptized. However we believe in baptism for the dead as mentioned in the Bible. We also believe that these baptisms are to take place in the temple. We also believe in being able to become equal to God as mentioned in the Bible:
(New Testament | Philippians 2:5 - 6)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
(New Testament | Philippians 3:13 - 15)

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

We also believe that certain ordinances are to be administered in the temple.
I believe that God's plan was to have children ..not born by the will of man ( which is through lust ) but by the will of God ( which is through love ) And I believe He has adopted us into His humility and gives us the freedom to be nothing/crucified in our flesh so that His spirit can reign in us . I believe the only thing worthy of God is God through His Son . In my flesh dwells no good thing . No place for boasting except in Him .
Regarding voting . God is the God of the atheist ( though they do not acknowledge Him.) Nebucanezzer ..Cyrus and even Nero were in his permissive power. Ironically , democracy ( though we are a republic ) is not a biblical principal ( other than when Saul listened to the people rather than God and saved the best animals and did not kill king Agog. )
As a slave of Jesus , I have no rights . ( Hallelujah! ) and what a wonderful Master I have . When we say the Lord's prayer ..thy will be done , on earth as in heaven ...Do you suppose there is a democracy in heaven ? God is a King and sovereign and despises rebellion . I am not qualified to vote ..I am qualified to listen . Apparently one of His angels stirred up a rebellion and took a third of the angels with him . I believe the angel promised them life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness . In other words , they could be their own gods and no longer had to be obedient to the Ancient of Days ...they left their first estate . Many people make the observation that we are becoming more selfish as a people ...certainly more ungodly but that has been happening for some time ...I think we are becoming almost ungovernable because it is a " Me " society but that is the definition of life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness ..." It is about Me . If our Lord Jesus showed us anything , it was that He was not about himself ...He was submissive ..As was Abraham , as was Issac ..As was Noah's children . I believe we are ill prepared for God's Kingdom .
I would be terribly afraid for my vote to count . There is no candidate who will proclaim what I do ...Jesus is Lord . Humble yourself before the mighty hand of God and be saved ...We choose candidates because they oppose abortion and same sex marriage ..what about the candidate that opposes fornication , adultery and covetousness ? That plank would go no where !

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I believe that God's plan was to have children ..not born by the will of man ( which is through lust ) but by the will of God ( which is through love ) And I believe He has adopted us into His humility and gives us the freedom to be nothing/crucified in our flesh so that His spirit can reign in us . I believe the only thing worthy of God is God through His Son . In my flesh dwells no good thing . No place for boasting except in Him .
Regarding voting . God is the God of the atheist ( though they do not acknowledge Him.) Nebucanezzer ..Cyrus and even Nero were in his permissive power. Ironically , democracy ( though we are a republic ) is not a biblical principal ( other than when Saul listened to the people rather than God and saved the best animals and did not kill king Agog. )
As a slave of Jesus , I have no rights . ( Hallelujah! ) and what a wonderful Master I have . When we say the Lord's prayer ..thy will be done , on earth as in heaven ...Do you suppose there is a democracy in heaven ? God is a King and sovereign and despises rebellion . I am not qualified to vote ..I am qualified to listen . Apparently one of His angels stirred up a rebellion and took a third of the angels with him . I believe the angel promised them life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness . In other words , they could be their own gods and no longer had to be obedient to the Ancient of Days ...they left their first estate . Many people make the observation that we are becoming more selfish as a people ...certainly more ungodly but that has been happening for some time ...I think we are becoming almost ungovernable because it is a " Me " society but that is the definition of life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness ..." It is about Me . If our Lord Jesus showed us anything , it was that He was not about himself ...He was submissive ..As was Abraham , as was Issac ..As was Noah's children . I believe we are ill prepared for God's Kingdom .
I would be terribly afraid for my vote to count . There is no candidate who will proclaim what I do ...Jesus is Lord . Humble yourself before the mighty hand of God and be saved ...We choose candidates because they oppose abortion and same sex marriage ..what about the candidate that opposes fornication , adultery and covetousness ? That plank would go no where !
Thank you for letting me know what you believe. Jesus did do His Father's will, and so should we. It is made clear in the last two verses of Ecclesiastes:

(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

This is pretty much the gospel condensed into two verses. Therefore we should do good works. However we need to do those works to glorify God.

(New Testament | Matthew 5:16)

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 58:26 - 33)

26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
27 Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
28 For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward.
29 But he that doeth not anything until he is commanded, and receiveth a commandment with doubtful heart, and keepeth it with slothfulness, the same is damned.
30 Who am I that made man, saith the Lord, that will hold him guiltless that obeys not my commandments?
31 Who am I, saith the Lord, that have promised and have not fulfilled?
32 I command and men obey not; I revoke and they receive not the blessing.
33 Then they say in their hearts: This is not the work of the Lord, for his promises are not fulfilled. But wo unto such, for their reward lurketh beneath, and not from above.

The temple is a place where we can be anxiously engaged in a good cause.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you for letting me know what you believe. Jesus did do His Father's will, and so should we. It is made clear in the last two verses of Ecclesiastes:

(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

This is pretty much the gospel condensed into two verses. Therefore we should do good works. However we need to do those works to glorify God.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 58:26 - 33)

26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
27 Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
28 For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward.
29 But he that doeth not anything until he is commanded, and receiveth a commandment with doubtful heart, and keepeth it with slothfulness, the same is damned.
30 Who am I that made man, saith the Lord, that will hold him guiltless that obeys not my commandments?
31 Who am I, saith the Lord, that have promised and have not fulfilled?
32 I command and men obey not; I revoke and they receive not the blessing.
33 Then they say in their hearts: This is not the work of the Lord, for his promises are not fulfilled. But wo unto such, for their reward lurketh beneath, and not from above.

The temple is a place where we can be anxiously engaged in a good cause.
If the gospel, the psalms , proverbs , prophets and the lessons we have both through the obedience and disobedience of the patriarchs from the old covenant affirm that which was written in the doctrines and covenants , what need was there for the same things being written a different way ? If they contradict the teachings of Jesus Christ , what then ?
But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field , "Go and sit down to meat ? And will not rather say to him , Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself and serve me, til I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shall eat and drink ? Doth he thank that servant because he hath done the things which were commanded him ? I trow not. So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you , say , we are unprofitable servants : We have done that which was our duty to do . Luke 17:7 . A new commandment I give you , Love one another .
This would contradict 26.
Luke 14:23 where the Lord tells his servants to compel them to come in . Actually , love ( Jesus Christ ) the living Word of God , does constrain us ..He does compel us.
And obviously number 27 contradicts the new birth and the cross of Christ through whom we are crucified . We are destitute of any ability apart from Jesus Christ though we will what we may . " But I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I , but the grace of God . " 1st Corinthians 15:10 . What have you received which was not a gift ? And if a gift , wherein is boasting ?
Number 30 contradicts Jesus Christ and makes null His death and atonement . We ARE guilty before God ...How wise is our God so that in His wisdom, He could demonstrate mercy and grace to those appointed unto death . There is none righteous ..no not one . The gospel works real humility and thankfulness and worship . I tell you , the publicans and the harlots will enter the kingdom of heaven ahead of you . To whom much is forgiven , loveth much .

Brother ...anyone who knows Isiah, the history of the Jewish people , and the gospels should be able to see that these writings are scriptures with some truth mixed with some error .

Unless the Lord build the house , they who labor, labor in vain .
I am but a worm . My glory is Christ and Him crucified . The gospel of Jesus Christ . Not the gospel of any man or denomination . We have become a virtual Babylon of religious ideas by pouring new wine into old wine skins. Mixing old covenant ( fleshly, physical , outward and temporal ) with new covenant promises . We have seem any number of prophets ( as you are very well aware ) of making false claims of a new eden in America ...certain towns being a new jerusalem ....temple building a so forth .
For this cause , God shall send a strong delusion , they should believe a lie. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness .

Lets look at the last word unrighteousness ..all glorying of man is unrighteousness . He is a jew who is one inwardly , who's praise is of God and not of man . What is the point of competitive sports ? We tell ourselves " teamwork " ...but that of course is a delusion . College teams MUST win . Does winning work humility or pride ? And we know that God gives grace to the humble and we are saved by grace through faith . Jesus made himself of no reputation . How many colleges have the distinction of making theirselves of no reputation ? Wake Forest ? , Brigham Young, Liberty University, Notre Dame ? No of course not . So , rather than truth ...I will escape to doctrines of man so I can keep my religion while pursuing the same things that those who are ungodly pursue . ( And I will be accepted by society , aka man . )

We should be well aware that all of the early believers looked for a new jerusalem which came down from heaven . Nothing man made will survive for it was never meant to . That is why we are told to store our treasures in heaven . Either God's word is in error or we are .

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If the gospel, the psalms , proverbs , prophets and the lessons we have both through the obedience and disobedience of the patriarchs from the old covenant affirm that which was written in the doctrines and covenants , what need was there for the same things being written a different way ? If they contradict the teachings of Jesus Christ , what then ?
But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field , "Go and sit down to meat ? And will not rather say to him , Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself and serve me, til I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shall eat and drink ? Doth he thank that servant because he hath done the things which were commanded him ? I trow not. So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you , say , we are unprofitable servants : We have done that which was our duty to do . Luke 17:7 . A new commandment I give you , Love one another .
This would contradict 26.
Luke 14:23 where the Lord tells his servants to compel them to come in . Actually , love ( Jesus Christ ) the living Word of God , does constrain us ..He does compel us.
And obviously number 27 contradicts the new birth and the cross of Christ through whom we are crucified . We are destitute of any ability apart from Jesus Christ though we will what we may . " But I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I , but the grace of God . " 1st Corinthians 15:10 . What have you received which was not a gift ? And if a gift , wherein is boasting ?
Number 30 contradicts Jesus Christ and makes null His death and atonement . We ARE guilty before God ...How wise is our God so that in His wisdom, He could demonstrate mercy and grace to those appointed unto death . There is none righteous ..no not one . The gospel works real humility and thankfulness and worship . I tell you , the publicans and the harlots will enter the kingdom of heaven ahead of you . To whom much is forgiven , loveth much .

Brother ...anyone who knows Isiah, the history of the Jewish people , and the gospels should be able to see that these writings are scriptures with some truth mixed with some error .

Unless the Lord build the house , they who labor, labor in vain .
I am but a worm . My glory is Christ and Him crucified . The gospel of Jesus Christ . Not the gospel of any man or denomination . We have become a virtual Babylon of religious ideas by pouring new wine into old wine skins. Mixing old covenant ( fleshly, physical , outward and temporal ) with new covenant promises . We have seem any number of prophets ( as you are very well aware ) of making false claims of a new eden in America ...certain towns being a new jerusalem ....temple building a so forth .
For this cause , God shall send a strong delusion , they should believe a lie. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness .

Lets look at the last word unrighteousness ..all glorying of man is unrighteousness . He is a jew who is one inwardly , who's praise is of God and not of man . What is the point of competitive sports ? We tell ourselves " teamwork " ...but that of course is a delusion . College teams MUST win . Does winning work humility or pride ? And we know that God gives grace to the humble and we are saved by grace through faith . Jesus made himself of no reputation . How many colleges have the distinction of making theirselves of no reputation ? Wake Forest ? , Brigham Young, Liberty University, Notre Dame ? No of course not . So , rather than truth ...I will escape to doctrines of man so I can keep my religion while pursuing the same things that those who are ungodly pursue . ( And I will be accepted by society , aka man . )

We should be well aware that all of the early believers looked for a new jerusalem which came down from heaven . Nothing man made will survive for it was never meant to . That is why we are told to store our treasures in heaven . Either God's word is in error or we are .
In the Bible the same thing is written in a different way many times. Matthew Mark and Luke are prime examples of this. I don't see the error in the scriptures you mentioned. In this scripture:
(Old Testament | Psalms 127:1)

1 EXCEPT the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

I believe this means that unless the Lord approves of the building of His House, ( as He did with Solomon's temple and Herod's temple, He approved of both) those who build it, have built it in vain. While we should be humble and meek and let another man praise us and not our own mouth, Proverbs 27:2, a collage is not a man but a place of learning. Almost every collage has sports, theater or dance as part of the curriculum. These things are part of a rounded education. I believe that Jesus worked hard to learn to read and gain the skills of a carpenter. I also believe He enjoyed games in His youth. While it is true that Jesus made Himself of no reputation He had fame in the land:
(New Testament | Luke 4:14)

14 ¶ And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.

He also had many followers:

(New Testament | Mark 3:7 - 8)

7 But Jesus withdrew himself with his disciples to the sea: and a great multitude from Galilee followed him, and from Judæa,
8 And from Jerusalem, and from Idumæa, and from beyond Jordan; and they about Tyre and Sidon, a great multitude, when they had heard what great things he did, came unto him.

Like Jesus we should do good works:

The temple is a great place to do God's work:

(New Testament | Matthew 21:14 - 16)

14 And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them.
15 And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
In the Bible the same thing is written in a different way many times. Matthew Mark and Luke are prime examples of this. I don't see the error in the scriptures you mentioned. In this scripture:
(Old Testament | Psalms 127:1)

1 EXCEPT the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

I believe this means that unless the Lord approves of the building of His House, ( as He did with Solomon's temple and Herod's temple, He approved of both) those who build it, have built it in vain. While we should be humble and meek and let another man praise us and not our own mouth, Proverbs 27:2, a collage is not a man but a place of learning. Almost every collage has sports, theater or dance as part of the curriculum. These things are part of a rounded education. I believe that Jesus worked hard to learn to read and gain the skills of a carpenter. I also believe He enjoyed games in His youth. While it is true that Jesus made Himself of no reputation He had fame in the land:

14 ¶ And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.

He also had many followers:

(New Testament | Mark 3:7 - 8)

7 But Jesus withdrew himself with his disciples to the sea: and a great multitude from Galilee followed him, and from Judæa,
8 And from Jerusalem, and from Idumæa, and from beyond Jordan; and they about Tyre and Sidon, a great multitude, when they had heard what great things he did, came unto him.

Like Jesus we should do good works:

15 And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?
EXCEPT the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

The greeks played games if you know history and whereas Paul referenced running the race for you and I , Jesus was not competitive for He IS and therefore does not have to compete . One only competes in hopes to win and gain honor . " How can you believe ye which receive honor one from another and not the honor which comes from God alone . "
We have an advesary who is very competitive ..I will exalt my throne ...I will etc ....and we have scriptures that mention the angels who left their first estate ....No brother , we have no scriptures whatsoever of Jesus loving games in his youth ...this is only speculation which goes against everything else we know about Jesus .

Well yes brother ...everyone believes or does not believe many things . What is the foundation for these beliefs ? The Muslims believe many things are they therefore true ? So whereas you believe that unless the Lord approves of the building of His house ,etc. and I believe unless the Lord Himself builds the house, they labor in vain.
Where is the scriptural reference to Herrod to build God's house ? I believe Herrod built in vain ...I believe that in 70 Ad , God will use the Roman's to totally level the temporal building so that not one stone will remain on the other .
Do we have a new covenant ? I think many scriptures and Jesus Himself reference a new covenant and a new temple ....tear down this temple and I will raise it up in three days . Jesus is the builder brother ..Jesus ..not man . A temple NOT MADE WITH HANDS . What is a temple not made with hands ?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Well yes brother ...everyone believes or does not believe many things . What is the foundation for these beliefs ? The Muslims believe many things are they therefore true ? So whereas you believe that unless the Lord approves of the building of His house ,etc. and I believe unless the Lord Himself builds the house, they labor in vain.
Where is the scriptural reference to Herrod to build God's house ? I believe Herrod built in vain ...I believe that in 70 Ad , God will use the Roman's to totally level the temporal building so that not one stone will remain on the other .
Do we have a new covenant ? I think many scriptures and Jesus Himself reference a new covenant and a new temple ....tear down this temple and I will raise it up in three days . Jesus is the builder brother ..Jesus ..not man . A temple NOT MADE WITH HANDS . What is a temple not made with hands ?
I do not believe that Solomon's temple was built in vain and the Bible states that David was commisioned by God to build it:
11 Now, my son, the LORD be with thee; and prosper thou, and build the house of the LORD thy God, as he hath said of thee.
12 Only the LORD give thee wisdom and understanding, and give thee charge concerning Israel, that thou mayest keep the law of the LORD thy God.
13 Then shalt thou prosper, if thou takest heed to fulfil the statutes and judgments which the LORD charged Moses with concerning Israel: be strong, and of good courage; dread not, nor be dismayed.
14 Now, behold, in my trouble I have prepared for the house of the LORD an hundred thousand talents of gold, and a thousand thousand talents of silver; and of brass and iron without weight; for it is in abundance: timber also and stone have I prepared; and thou mayest add thereto.
15 Moreover there are workmen with thee in abundance, hewers and workers of stone and timber, and all manner of cunning men for every manner of work.
16 Of the gold, the silver, and the brass, and the iron, there is no number. Arise therefore, and be doing, and the LORD be with thee.
17 ¶ David also commanded all the princes of Israel to help Solomon his son, saying,
18 Is not the LORD your God with you? and hath he not given you rest on every side? for he hath given the inhabitants of the land into mine hand; and the land is subdued before the LORD, and before his people.
19 Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God; arise therefore, and build ye the sanctuary of the LORD God, to bring the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and the holy vessels of God, into the house that is to be built to the name of the LORD.

(Old Testament | 1 Chronicles 22:11 - 19)

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I do not believe that Solomon's temple was built in vain and the Bible states that David was commisioned by God to build it:
11 Now, my son, the LORD be with thee; and prosper thou, and build the house of the LORD thy God, as he hath said of thee.
12 Only the LORD give thee wisdom and understanding, and give thee charge concerning Israel, that thou mayest keep the law of the LORD thy God.
13 Then shalt thou prosper, if thou takest heed to fulfil the statutes and judgments which the LORD charged Moses with concerning Israel: be strong, and of good courage; dread not, nor be dismayed.
14 Now, behold, in my trouble I have prepared for the house of the LORD an hundred thousand talents of gold, and a thousand thousand talents of silver; and of brass and iron without weight; for it is in abundance: timber also and stone have I prepared; and thou mayest add thereto.
15 Moreover there are workmen with thee in abundance, hewers and workers of stone and timber, and all manner of cunning men for every manner of work.
16 Of the gold, the silver, and the brass, and the iron, there is no number. Arise therefore, and be doing, and the LORD be with thee.
17 ¶ David also commanded all the princes of Israel to help Solomon his son, saying,
18 Is not the LORD your God with you? and hath he not given you rest on every side? for he hath given the inhabitants of the land into mine hand; and the land is subdued before the LORD, and before his people.
19 Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God; arise therefore, and build ye the sanctuary of the LORD God, to bring the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and the holy vessels of God, into the house that is to be built to the name of the LORD.

(Old Testament | 1 Chronicles 22:11 - 19)
Look again . I said Herod's temple was built in vain . I did not say Solomon ...Read it again ...Solomon was a type or shadow of David's son , Jesus Christ . We both have a Bible and can clearly see that whereas David wanted to build a temple for the Lord , the Lord said that David's Son would build it .

Now , please show me where the Lord told anyone in the new covenant that they were approved to build a temple ? Jesus is the builder of the temple and His temple is composed of living stones of which He is the chief corner . This agrees with scripture that you and I can both read and agree to . Unless the Lord build the house ...unless the Lord build the house . Jesus said I am the way , the truth and the life , no man come to the Father but by me . The truth is brother , the more we have invested in something , the more we love it ...this includes buildings and opinions . Look at Stephen's sermon in Acts 7 :44-50.

We are very task oriented and our adversary knows this about us . Where two or more are gathered brother . Two or more . That is anywhere and anytime . What a new and better covenant .

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Look again . I said Herod's temple was built in vain . I did not say Solomon ...Read it again ...Solomon was a type or shadow of David's son , Jesus Christ . We both have a Bible and can clearly see that whereas David wanted to build a temple for the Lord , the Lord said that David's Son would build it .

Now , please show me where the Lord told anyone in the new covenant that they were approved to build a temple ? Jesus is the builder of the temple and His temple is composed of living stones of which He is the chief corner . This agrees with scripture that you and I can both read and agree to . Unless the Lord build the house ...unless the Lord build the house . Jesus said I am the way , the truth and the life , no man come to the Father but by me . The truth is brother , the more we have invested in something , the more we love it ...this includes buildings and opinions . Look at Stephen's sermon in Acts 7 :44-50.

We are very task oriented and our adversary knows this about us . Where two or more are gathered brother . Two or more . That is anywhere and anytime . What a new and better covenant .
Actually you said " I believe unless the Lord Himself builds the house, they labor in vain." However Solomon and his crew built the temple as they were commanded to do so. We have been commanded to do the same in our day:
(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 84:2 - 5)

2 Yea, the word of the Lord concerning his church, established in the last days for the restoration of his people, as he has spoken by the mouth of his prophets, and for the gathering of his saints to stand upon Mount Zion, which shall be the city of New Jerusalem.
3 Which city shall be built, beginning at the temple lot, which is appointed by the finger of the Lord, in the western boundaries of the State of Missouri, and dedicated by the hand of Joseph Smith, Jun., and others with whom the Lord was well pleased.
4 Verily this is the word of the Lord, that the city New Jerusalem shall be built by the gathering of the saints, beginning at this place, even the place of the temple, which temple shall be reared in this generation.
5 For verily this generation shall not all pass away until an house shall be built unto the Lord, and a cloud shall rest upon it, which cloud shall be even the glory of the Lord, which shall fill the house.

This revelation was given to the prophet Joseph Smith in 1832.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Actually you said " I believe unless the Lord Himself builds the house, they labor in vain." However Solomon and his crew built the temple as they were commanded to do so. We have been commanded to do the same in our day:
(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 84:2 - 5)

2 Yea, the word of the Lord concerning his church, established in the last days for the restoration of his people, as he has spoken by the mouth of his prophets, and for the gathering of his saints to stand upon Mount Zion, which shall be the city of New Jerusalem.
3 Which city shall be built, beginning at the temple lot, which is appointed by the finger of the Lord, in the western boundaries of the State of Missouri, and dedicated by the hand of Joseph Smith, Jun., and others with whom the Lord was well pleased.
4 Verily this is the word of the Lord, that the city New Jerusalem shall be built by the gathering of the saints, beginning at this place, even the place of the temple, which temple shall be reared in this generation.
5 For verily this generation shall not all pass away until an house shall be built unto the Lord, and a cloud shall rest upon it, which cloud shall be even the glory of the Lord, which shall fill the house.

Yes , of course I believe that the Lord must build the house . Even the first temple was but a shadow and whereas it was commanded to be done by Solomon ( the Son of David ) .. after David desired to build the Lord a house ..it was always to be a temporary house and foreshadowed Jesus Christ ..the Son of David .
Did not God say " I fill heaven and earth. " ? And again ...heaven is my throne and earth is my footstool ..what house will you build me ? And again , what means this ..a house not built by hands ? What means living stones ?

Yea, the word of the Lord concerning his church, established in the last days for the restoration of his people, as he has spoken by the mouth of his prophets, and for the gathering of his saints to stand upon Mount Zion, which shall be the city of New Jerusalem.

The Spirit of the prophets are subject unto the prophets ...I believe Paul was an apostle ( sent by ) Jesus Christ . Paul said in corinthians ..if any man think himself to be prophetic or spiritual , let him acknowledge that the letters I write to you are commandments of the Lord . Commandments of the Lord .. And many shall come in my name deceiving many ...saying I am Christ ( or actually anointed for that is what Christ means . )
Brother ...you owe it to your family to search these things out ..make sure that Joseph Smith was not deceived ...make sure he never made prophecies that did not come true . I believe he did . He also ran for president and we are told by our true apostle and prophet Paul ..not to entangle ourselves with the affairs of this life ...Without any question he made decisions that contradicted Paul's advice and instruction ...Let a bishop be the husband of one wife . One . Doing truth has a cost ..we must count them and I hope and pray that you will for it is not only you . You probably have others you love .

Upvote 0