The Pope being ambiguous yet again

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Let me preface this post with the comment that of course we don’t condemn our children but what exactly does “accompany” mean?

ROME — Pope Francis on Jan. 26 told parents not to condemn children who have different sexual orientations.

"Never condemn your children," said Francis, who said that parents should accompany such children and "not hide behind an attitude of condemnation."

The pope's unscripted remarks came during his weekly general audience and offer yet another example of Francis' delicate tightrope walk of affirming church teaching when it comes to homosexuality and trying to extend a warmer welcome to LGBTQ persons

Pope Francis tells parents not to condemn children with different sexual orientations

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me preface this post with the comment that of course we don’t condemn our children but what exactly does “accompany” mean?

Pope Francis tells parents not to condemn children with different sexual orientations
I assume not to abandon your responsibility as a parent. What is so funny to me is everything else he said is ignored. People latch on to this stuff as if they think it is some sort of blessing. I know a lot of secular sources see it that way and of course National Catholic Reporter, aka fish wrap does.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I assume not to abandon your responsibility as a parent. What is so funny to me is everything else he said is ignored. People latch on to this stuff as if they think it is some sort of blessing. I know a lot of secular sources see it that way and of course National Catholic Reporter, aka fish wrap does.

I swear he does this on purpose. Accompany means to walk along with. Does this mean to walk along and accompany with the lifestyle? Lol

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I swear he does this on purpose. Accompany means to walk along with. Does this mean to walk along and accompany with the lifestyle? Lol
I think he does too. He is always throwing in something like that. I’m not a huge fan but I think he meant accompany as in not rejecting them which often pushes them into a more destructive mode.

Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At NCREg there was a piece entitled: “Pope Francis to Parents: Never Condemn a Child”

From a reader…

Dear Fr. Z,

In light of this article, I was going to write Pope Francis a letter.

Dear Pope Francis,

My oldest son is….. a trad.

Please advise.

Sincerely,

Distressed Dad

I wonder what his response would be were he to be asked that from parents all across the world.

"In light of this article, I was going to write Pope Francis a letter."

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
No, we cannot say that wrong is right.
What we can do is to reinforce the fact that God created them, and when He did so, what He created was good; it was what He intended for them.
For some people that will be a difficult thing to hear for various reasons.
But in the end, they will find that along with that creation comes grace, courage, and the example of Jesus.
And of those three, it is the last that is the most important.

How can that be? In His whole life, Jesus took on the appearance, the confines, and the expectations of an ordinary man, to fulfill the purpose for which God, His Father sent Him.
Was He unique? Yes.
Was He perfect? Yes.
Was He obedient to His Father? Yes, in all things.
And it is in the obedience to what God ordained that we find our answer for the gay community, for others who are disabled physically, or mentally, or otherwise changed as a result of medical conditions.
Though the World will see with their eyes the imperfections, God sees with His heart.
So the answer is not to capitulate to what is disordered, but to emulate the grace shown to us by the life and obedience of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Apparently that's all we can do about anything anymore is accompany. You need to accompany your empty bank account, you need to accompany your bare pantry, you need to accompany your broken down Honda Civic. Accompany accompany accompany.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Apparently that's all we can do about anything anymore is accompany. You need to accompany your empty bank account, you need to accompany your bare pantry, you need to accompany your broken down Honda Civic. Accompany accompany accompany.

I almost cried the other night when I saw my 403B I am getting crushed. During the Trump Administration I never had more than 1 bad day in a row. I am getting hammered lately.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I almost cried the other night when I saw my 403B I am getting crushed. During the Trump Administration I never had more than 1 bad day in a row. I am getting hammered lately.

Bro these markets are ridiculous right now. And the most insane part is how libs are pretending like it's completely unrelated to inflation and the Biden economy. The cognitive dissonance required to support the democratic party in 2022 is breathtaking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums