Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can remember a time when many of my fellow conservatives would loudly complain about liberal celebrities publicly discussing their political opinions of Trump. The common consensus was "who cares what they think?" and such opinions were dismissed out of hand. Now I've heard some of my fellow conservatives happily agreeing with, and praising, actress Rose McGowen, for what she tweeted about Trump's second impeachment. She called his second impeachment 'cult propaganda' and 'a theater of mass distraction.' Maybe it is common to agree with a famous person's political opinions when we share their political views. Personally, I don't care what some celebrity says about Trump or Biden or their supporters. It doesn't make a difference to me. My question is, does it matter to you and why?

Rose McGowan calls Trump's second impeachment 'cult propaganda,' 'a theater of mass distraction'

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My first though when I read your titled >

Donald and Arnold started as celebrities.

Whether we care of not, we might be wise to be aware of what celebrities are doing and saying. Because we do care how it effects people.

And I think you are right > we can pick and choose ones with our views so we can use them.

Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟152,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
'cult propaganda' and 'a theater of mass distraction.
I agree, however 'cult propaganda' and 'a theater of mass distraction has a nice ring to it. Politicians and actors are human as are we. Though, they do make a living pretending to be someone they are not.

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While I try not to put too much stock in the advice of entertainers on serious issues, the reality is, these people have crowds looking up to them. If crowds of people are looking up to them for advice and guidance, mainly because of their creative works, then that is an opportunity to influence others. Before one can achieve power, s/he needs to be able to resonate with entire crowds.

I will also stress, NEVER confuse charisma with virtue. Just because someone is beautiful, talented, intelligent, and/or has a fun personality does NOT always mean s/he is a good person. Every single one of us knows AT LEAST one person like this, especially during our school days.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,125.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The political opinions of some celebrities could be of interest, but I think it's important not to assign them too much weight. Everyone has an opinion about such matters, and there's typically not going to be anything unique or special about a particular celeb's views even if the person is famous.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,533.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
My question is, does it matter to you and why?
The rules on the forum direct us to address the content of posts, not the person behind them. I think that's a good rule to apply to celebrity opinions. If they are well articulated and evidence based then I will give them due consideration. Otherwise I shall ignore, or even condemn them, as seems most appropriate.

Certainly I've heard cases presented by celebetries that were more pointed and potent than those coming from most politicians. The achievement of footballer Marcus Rashford in forcing a U-turn in government policy on the free school meals program is a good example.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can remember a time when many of my fellow conservatives would loudly complain about liberal celebrities publicly discussing their political opinions of Trump. The common consensus was "who cares what they think?" and such opinions were dismissed out of hand. Now I've heard some of my fellow conservatives happily agreeing with, and praising, actress Rose McGowen, for what she tweeted about Trump's second impeachment. She called his second impeachment 'cult propaganda' and 'a theater of mass distraction.' Maybe it is common to agree with a famous person's political opinions when we share their political views. Personally, I don't care what some celebrity says about Trump or Biden or their supporters. It doesn't make a difference to me. My question is, does it matter to you and why?

Rose McGowan calls Trump's second impeachment 'cult propaganda,' 'a theater of mass distraction'
Rose McGowan isn't right in the head. And stop reading what she has to say. A while back. Also I don't get my political views from celebrity's.

Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟992,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
actress Rose McGowen, for what she tweeted about Trump's second impeachment. She called his second impeachment 'cult propaganda' and 'a theater of mass distraction.'

That's too bad. I used to think Rose McGowen was cool.

Upvote 0

Lg2000

Dec 15, 2003
L.A.
✟27,613.00
Faith
Christian
Rose McGowan isn't right in the head. And stop reading what she has to say. A while back. Also I don't get my political views from celebrity's.
agreed.

People have a huge problem with celebrity worship in this country.
I don't care about celebrities tbh . Even if I like they creative art or work , that's where it ends. They opinions don't hold value to me more than anyone elses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

I’ve had difficulty supporting those who pretend to be other people for a living. I like James Woods and Adam Baldwin. But you won’t see me retweeting anything they say just because they say it. And while I think Rose is right here, I think she’s been wrong on other issues. However, I’ll giver her credit for not blindly following any certain narrative.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My first though when I read your titled >

Donald and Arnold started as celebrities.

As did Saint Ronnie.

The complaint has always been hypocritical - the right merely didn't have enough celebrities on their side to illustrate the hypocrisy very well. But to see how desperate the desire for celebrity recognition truly is/was, one merely needed to look at how evangelical Christians latched on to any and every celebrity who so much as looked approvingly at a church building. I remember folks who probably couldn't name a single Alice Cooper song if you put a gun to their head proudly proclaiming that he's one of us. And remember when that guy from Korn converted? lol. The desperation was palpable.

Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟152,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will also stress, NEVER confuse charisma with virtue. Just because someone is beautiful, talented, intelligent, and/or has a fun personality does NOT always mean s/he is a good person
Nice and good are entirely different words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love it when celebrities agree with me!

I hate it when they disagree.

I extra hate it when I love their work AND they disagree with me. Thats the worst.
Remember when Paul Ryan said that his favorite band was Rage Against the Machine and we were all like “...huh?”

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Remember when Paul Ryan said that his favorite band was Rage Against the Machine and we were all like “...huh?”
Ahaha no I never heard about this.

If I ever become a rapper (slim chance) my mc name will be Cognitive D.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0