London
✟19,055.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I recently started reading John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress, and I have to say I am amazed and find it such a useful guide for a post truth world. It is interesting considering it was written in the 16th Century, though at a time when Britain was broken by the civil war. No wonder the writer saw the need to talk about morality then.
I strongly recommend it to anyone who worries about the moral compass of today's world, far better than reading the latest news.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I recently started reading John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress, and I have to say I am amazed and find it such a useful guide for a post truth world. It is interesting considering it was written in the 16th Century, though at a time when Britain was broken by the civil war. No wonder the writer saw the need to talk about morality then.
I strongly recommend it to anyone who worries about the moral compass of today's world, far better than reading the latest news.
I'm not into politics at all; I do love The Pilgrim's Progress. :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Great quote from the book! :)

"Thus far did I come laden with my sin;
Nor could aught ease the grief that I was in
Till I came hither: What a place is this!
Must here be the beginning of my bliss?
Must here the Burden fall from off my back?
Must here the strings that bound it to me crack?
Blest Cross! blest Sepulchre! blest rather be
The Man that there was put to shame for me."

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It's one that I've never read, but would like to. I've heard great things about it. I recall this part that C.S. Lewis quotes, "Then it came burning hot in my mind, whatever he said, and however he flattered, when he got me home to his house, he would sell me for a slave."

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hi
brilliant book, I've got it on my Kindle. Love it!
Look up some hilarious reviews on Goodreads if you can.

Upvote 0