The Philosophical implications of Multiverse Theory?

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
An online friend of mine happens to be a theoretical physicist and he has made me wonder if Ezekiel chapter 37 happens again and again and again and again as The G-d of Abraham, the Creator of heaven and earth, replicates a moment in what we think of as the past...… and spins off a new time line?

The implications of this are pretty heavy!

For example I recently read chapter 5 of "Saved By The Light" again by Dannion Brinkley. He had been shown a future where the major events of the Book of Revelation were fulfilled....... but...… was he shown the most recent time line that had already occurred..... and are we now in a new time line where our choices and our prayers can positively alter the future????

AboveAlpha

This is part of the MANY WORLDS THEORY.....but we have found that the Many Worlds Theory is too limited to account for Quantum Mechanics so we developed models of MULTIVERSAL THEORY which Many Worlds Theory is but a part of it.

In Multiversal Theory you have Many Worlds theory as a part of it but Many Worlds is but one Universal Baseline Reality Grouping with Infinite Numbers of Divergent Universal States of Reality that all have ONE SET of NATURAL PHYSICAL LAWS.

In Multiversal Theory we have our ONE set of Natural Physical Laws that govern the Infinite in Number Divergent Universal States of Reality where each one has a different version of you and I and everyone and everything else............but as well in Multiversal Theory there are also INFINITE IN NUMBER UNIVERSAL BASELINE REALITY GROUPINGS......where each Grouping has it's own completely different that our own Alternate Universal Natural Physical Laws.

Thus each BASELINE UNIVERSAL REALITY GROUPING.....which are INFINITE IN NUMBER.....each have within the INFINITE IN NUMBER DIVERGENT UNIVERSAL STATES OF REALITY.

So Infinite Groups of Infinite Versions.

AboveAlpha"

AboveAlpha

The REASON you have not seen it is because I and a few other's have not PUBLISHED IT YET!!

This theory is MINE and I was helped by some very smart people at MIT...and they will share in whatever comes our way once we get it published.

The Many World's Model was something that other's worked on and one day when I was much younger than I am now I thought....."Well....if there are infinite versions of you and me and everything else.....why can't there not be INFINITE UNIVERSAL BASELINE REALITY GROUPINGS....so that in each one of these Baseline Reality Groupings exist an Infinite in number amount of Divergent Universal States where you and I and everything else DO NOT EXIST....and as well these GROUPINGS would have completely different Universal Natural Physical Laws than our own.

So we began to do the math and the geometry as we used Multiversal Polymorphic Algebraic Equasions to set up the Calculus and several new Calculus symbols had to be developed.

So....this is mine.

AboveAlpha

Last edited:

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,564.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hate to sound hyper-technical but I don't believe "multiverse" even rises to the level of a theory; it's an idea, a speculation. And quantum mechanics which is much more solid, with aspects of it proven experimentally, is still open to over a dozen philosophical interpretations, some of which include the idea of multiverse. So it's hard to say at this point anyway.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An online friend of mine happens to be a theoretical physicist and he has made me wonder if Ezekiel chapter 37 happens again and again and again and again as The G-d of Abraham, the Creator of heaven and earth, replicates a moment in what we think of as the past...… and spins off a new time line?

The implications of this are pretty heavy!

For example I recently read chapter 5 of "Saved By The Light" again by Dannion Brinkley. He had been shown a future where the major events of the Book of Revelation were fulfilled....... but...… was he shown the most recent time line that had already occurred..... and are we now in a new time line where our choices and our prayers can positively alter the future?

I think not. Scripture describes that God has already "played out" all events that we call future.
But He does give us the opportunity to trust in Him that it's all for our benefit.
Having faith is a choice we have.

Upvote 0

Uncle Mikey

Declare all that thou seest.
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
✟10,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mhp-0693.png

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think not. Scripture describes that God has already "played out" all events that we call future.
But He does give us the opportunity to trust in Him that it's all for our benefit.

You are correct in your first statement.

I could sometimes see the future while fully awake (perhaps, I'm a prophet or something else, who knows...).

At some point, I decided to experiment with trying to alter the events I saw in the future.

Here's what happened. The course of action I took whether I think it would alter the future event, actually led to it!

Here's another thing, I could actually send a little amount of information to my past self. It has led to an interesting "time-looping" event wherein, I received a message from my future self and then when the same time approached, I sent the exact same message back to my past self....even if I never planned to.

The message that hit me is this: Prophet Jonah in all outcomes would have been eaten by a big fish and went to Nineveh.....Even if somehow, you invented a time machine and decides to mess up history - even this is the only one possible outcome and nothing else. Someone's going to travel to the past and mess up history and it is inevitable.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are correct in your first statement.
I could sometimes see the future while fully awake (perhaps, I'm a prophet or something else, who knows...).At some point, I decided to experiment with trying to alter the events I saw in the future.Here's what happened. The course of action I took whether I think it would alter the future event, actually led to it!Here's another thing, I could actually send a little amount of information to my past self. It has led to an interesting "time-looping" event wherein, I received a message from my future self and then when the same time approached, I sent the exact same message back to my past self....even if I never planned to.The message that hit me is this: Prophet Jonah in all outcomes would have been eaten by a big fish and went to Nineveh.....Even if somehow, you invented a time machine and decides to mess up history - even this is the only one possible outcome and nothing else. Someone's going to travel to the past and mess up history and it is inevitable.

None of your described visions of the future or messages sent to the past interfere
with the idea that God is fully informed on all those activities up front. In fact,
the idea of Prophesy of future events fits that fully. Changing current actions to
mold a vision of the future is, well....normal for sane people.
If your understanding of an ability to see into the future and message the
past is accurate then this would indicate that God is fully informed before you started.

Last edited:
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Honestly, and without trying to be a buzzkill in this thread: I couldn't really care less what the "philosophical" implications are for any scientific idea.

It's not like it matters.... It's not like an actual scientific theory is going to be impacted by the notion that "philosophy disagrees". Those days are long gone.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If your understanding of an ability to see into the future and message the
past is accurate then this would indicate that God is fully informed before you started.

Yes, I agree that's the implication.

Even if somehow you could time travel or send a message thousands of years in the past to cause a big change enough to manifest in the Bible. And even if it did reflect in the Bible, God already knew it's exactly what you would do and all extrapolated outcomes would produce the same result. And because it happened, is because God allowed it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I agree that's the implication.

Even if somehow you could time travel or send a message thousands of years in the past to cause a big change enough to manifest in the Bible. And even if it did reflect in the Bible, God already knew it's exactly what you would do and all extrapolated outcomes would produce the same result. And because it happened, is because God allowed it.

Well no. God is holding each electron in it's possible orbit. He's very involved.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Honestly, and without trying to be a buzzkill in this thread: I couldn't really care less what the "philosophical" implications are for any scientific idea.

Of course you don't. But it seems you have a need to inform us
of your lack of interest rather than just ignore the thread. What
is your goal in informing us that you have no interest?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Of course you don't. But it seems you have a need to inform us of your lack of interest rather than just ignore the thread. What is your goal in informing us that you have no interest?

No, I feel like it is an important contribution to this idea.

No "philosophical thought" will have any effect on actual science.
Supported science will always trump philosophy.

Back in the day, philosophers made absolute statements like "an object can't be in two places at once". Because that wasn't "logical".

And then came quantum mechanics and lo and behold: particles can be in two places at once. You measure it in place X, but it shows up in place Y. Philosophers were disgusted by the idea. But guess what? Reality doesn't have to conform to the "common sense" of "thinkers".

It doesn't matter one bit what philosophers believe or think or like.

Reality is what it is. Who cares what philosophers think or believe?

Evidence and science trump philosophers every day of the week.

I feel it is an important thing to understand.
Philosophy sure has its place in human thought and reasoning... But the natural science are no longer part of it.

This is why people like Stephen Hawking state that philosophy (in that sense) is dead. And that is also what they mean by it.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
No, I feel like it is an important contribution to this idea.

No "philosophical thought" will have any effect on actual science.
Supported science will always trump philosophy.

Actually I'd say that's a relatively naive viewpoint. The term "Let there be light", and the philosophy of "creation ex nihilo" are both highly instrumental IMO to the popularity of "big bang" theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Back in the day, philosophers made absolute statements like "an object can't be in two places at once". Because that wasn't "logical".

And then came quantum mechanics and lo and behold: particles can be in two places at once. You measure it in place X, but it shows up in place Y. Philosophers were disgusted by the idea. But guess what? Reality doesn't have to conform to the "common sense" of "thinkers".

Philosophers with attitude problems doesn't make philosophy bad.

Something philosophical can be said about particles being two places at once.

Perhaps, Mr. Particle thought the scientist was his mother.....stuffed up his bed with pillows under the sheets to make it look like he's sleeping but snuck out the window to play hockey with his friends over the frozen lake!

So the scientist though why is Mr. Particle at his bed, but also at the frozen lake playing hockey with his friends at the same time!? Odd....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
For ethics we need an ethos that will work in all universes. For epistemology a failsafe basis for knowing reality in all possible worlds. Theologically, one God above all others. And in terms of shopping for grocery, nothing changes.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
For ethics we need an ethos that will work in all universes. For epistemology a failsafe basis for knowing reality in all possible worlds. Theologically, one God above all others. And in terms of shopping for grocery, nothing changes.

There is no "other universes", nor "other worlds"

I have a "peeky hole" into the "other side".

All I saw is nothing but another time and another place.

The vast gulf that separates "hell" and "paradise" is nothing but --time--

When Christ said, "The Kingdom is in the midst of you", well, He is right, literally speaking. The Kingdom is only a matter of "when" and not "where".

I have and tried getting around the paradoxes. Time is changing all the time. Not trying to be poetic, but sharing what I saw and tried to experiment with the paradoxes but what can I say, our Universe was or is created by a poet!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Good point but........... is G-d much more determined to lead all of us to salvation than we might perhaps even imagine?

This could turn out to be one of those mysteries...."not lawful to be uttered" that Paul referred to in II Corinthians 12:2-4.

"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter."

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hate to sound hyper-technical but I don't believe "multiverse" even rises to the level of a theory; it's an idea, a speculation. And quantum mechanics which is much more solid, with aspects of it proven experimentally, is still open to over a dozen philosophical interpretations, some of which include the idea of multiverse. So it's hard to say at this point anyway.
I read chapter 5 of near death experiencer Dannion Brinkley's book "Saved By The Light" a few months ago.
He saw a series of events take place, even before the year 2000 that were far far far worse than what happened in our time line. I am wondering if he saw the first ever version of events from 1975, (the time of his NDE) and the year 2000?????

What he did see sure did fit with the Book of REvelation!!!!! All of what he saw in a sense is still hanging over our heads..... but those events may have been delayed by our prayers and better choices.... I suspect that more of the Holy Spirit has been poured out in our time line.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There is no "other universes", nor "other worlds"

I have a "peeky hole" into the "other side".

All I saw is nothing but another time and another place.

The vast gulf that separates "hell" and "paradise" is nothing but --time--

When Christ said, "The Kingdom is in the midst of you", well, He is right, literally speaking. The Kingdom is only a matter of "when" and not "where".

I have and tried getting around the paradoxes. Time is changing all the time. Not trying to be poetic, but sharing what I saw and tried to experiment with the paradoxes but what can I say, our Universe was or is created by a poet!

Exactly!!!!! The artistic value, the emotional value, the spiritual value in each event in our lives is far far far greater than we imagine! Even our greatest mistakes are transformed into lessons that finally reach us at a level that spur us onward to a much greater love for our Creator and for our Messiah!

Former atheist and near death experiencer Howard Storm did not want to come back down into this world after his NDE....... but it was sure interesting how his future sins were explained to him......

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...-storm-meant-about-sins-and-mistakes.7857100/

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0