✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Jeremiah 7:
But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.’
24 Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward.

Genesis 26:5 Because Abraham obeyed my voice, kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice,
and I know them, and they follow Me.

Romans 10:
8 But what does it say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing
by the word of God.

When we receive the engrafted word, we are able
to isolate the Voice of the Spirit in our heart,
be renewed in the spirit of our mind, and follow
the convictions of the Holy Spirit upon our
conscience, maintained without offense for
this purpose: To Know Him.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness
and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with
meekness the engrafted word,
which is able to save your souls.

Ephesians 4:
23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
24 and that you put on the new man which was created
according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

John 16:
Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Acts 24:16 This being so, I myself always strive to have
a conscience without offense toward God and men.

2 Corinthians
1:12 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly toward you.
4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

Freedom of religion requires liberty of conscience.
This is the perfect law of liberty.

1 Corinthians
6:12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
10:23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

1 Peter 2:
15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men.
16 As free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bond servants of God.

James 2:12 So speak and so do, as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah 7:
But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.’
24 Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward.

Genesis 26:5 Because Abraham obeyed my voice, kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice,
and I know them, and they follow Me.

Romans 10:
But what does it say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing
by the word of God.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness
and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with
meekness the engrafted word,
which is able to save your souls.

Ephesians 4:
and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
24 and that you put on the new man which was created
according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

John 16:
Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Acts 24:16 This being so, I myself always strive to have
a conscience without offense toward God and men.

2 Corinthians
1:12
For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly toward you.
4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

Freedom of religion requires liberty of conscience.
This is the perfect law of liberty.

1 Corinthians
6:12
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
10:23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

1 Peter 2:
For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men.
16 As free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bond servants of God.

James 2:12 So speak and so do, as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.

This is a good topic...

Can I suggest considering this interesting passage...

1 Cor 4
1 Let a man regard us in this manner, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2 In this case, moreover, it is required of stewards that one be found trustworthy. 3 But to me it is a very small thing that I may be examined by you, or by any human court; in fact, I do not even examine myself. 4 For I am conscious of nothing against myself, yet I am not by this acquitted; but the one who examines me is the Lord. 5 Therefore do not go on passing judgment before the time, but wait until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men’s hearts; and then each man’s praise will come to him from God.

6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, so that in us you may learn not to exceed what is written, so that no one of you will become arrogant in behalf of one against the other. 7 For who regards you as superior? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?

I think there is a lot to learn from this passage.

First - self judgement is not the same as conviction.

Second - judgemental christian cultures are not waiting for the conviction of the spirit.

Third - Real praise comes from the release by the spirit in response to obeying conviction.

Fourth - congregations bound in legalism for these reasons are unlikely to be praising communities.

Food for thought...

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
4 For I am conscious of nothing against myself, yet I am not by this acquitted; but the one who examines me is the Lord.
First - self judgement is not the same as conviction.
Really? How does that work without the Voice
of the Spirit, and a conscience without offense?
Second - judgemental christian cultures are not waiting for the conviction of the spirit.
The content of the thread is completely personal,
not cultural.
Third - Real praise comes from the release by the spirit in response to obeying conviction.

Fourth - congregations bound in legalism for these reasons are unlikely to be praising communities.

Food for thought...
I agree, food for thought indeed.
1 John 3:
My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him.
20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God.
22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You have not understood...

Real conviction is the voice of the Holy Spirit.
What? That is exactly what the OP#1 states.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Food for thought...
Here's a thought. How about you delete
your stuff, and start your own thread.
I am so sick of this nonsense of derailing
threads with what someone else thinks
is relevant to my OP based on simply
reading the title and not bothering with
the study.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow...

I truely believe I was bringing complimentary opinions.

God's wisdom can be discussed according to James.

My comments were right on the matters you raised and not a diversion.

This is a forum not just a lecture...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country