New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In this article Jonathan Wells exposes some of the misguided and simplistic thinking of Evolutionists:

We all know that the human body can suffer from flaws. For most people, that doesn’t mean our bodies are accidental by-products of unguided evolution. Instead, they are designed — despite the fact that they sometimes start out flawed or become flawed as they grow older.

For English anatomist Alice Roberts, however, the human body is a “hodge-podge” of parts assembled in an “untidy” fashion “with no foresight” by evolution. So, like many evolutionary biologists before her, she set out with some colleagues to “design and build the Perfect Body.”...

.....Why do people enamored of evolution ignore the evidence and presume they can create the Perfect Human Body? Is this the way science is supposed to work?

https://evolutionnews.org/2018/06/the-perfect-human-body/

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In this article Jonathan Wells exposes some of the misguided and simplistic thinking of Evolutionists

Here is some of Wells' misguided and simplistic thought:

Do centrioles generate a polar ejection force?
Wells, J.
Abstract

A microtubule-dependent polar ejection force that pushes chromosomes away from spindle poles during prometaphase is observed in animal cells but not in the cells of higher plants. Elongating microtubules and kinesin-like motor molecules have been proposed as possible causes, but neither accounts for all the data. In the hypothesis proposed here a polar ejection force is generated by centrioles, which are found in animals but not in higher plants. Centrioles consist of nine microtubule triplets arranged like the blades of a tiny turbine. Instead of viewing centrioles through the spectacles of molecular reductionism and neo-Darwinism, this hypothesis assumes that they are holistically designed to be turbines. Orthogonally oriented centriolar turbines could generate oscillations in spindle microtubules that resemble the motion produced by a laboratory vortexer. The result would be a microtubule-mediated ejection force tending to move chromosomes away from the spindle axis and the poles. A rise in intracellular calcium at the onset of anaphase could regulate the polar ejection force by shutting down the centriolar turbines, but defective regulation could result in an excessive force that contributes to the chromosomal instability characteristic of most cancer cells.

That is, they look like turbines, therefore they ARE turbines, therefore Jesus.

He never tested his hypothesis. This is because there is no polar ejection force - not the naive kind that Wells' pretends. The polar ejection force is, as we have known for some time, produced by the shortening of microtubules:

"Motion analysis also allowed us to measure the magnitude of the polar ejection force exerted on chromosome arms during metaphase by individual microtubules."

Not by the spinning like a turbine of the centrioles. Wells should have paid more attention to his instructors at Berkeley than to Father Moon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In this article Jonathan Wells exposes some of the misguided and simplistic thinking of Evolutionists:

We all know that the human body can suffer from flaws. For most people, that doesn’t mean our bodies are accidental by-products of unguided evolution. Instead, they are designed — despite the fact that they sometimes start out flawed or become flawed as they grow older.

For English anatomist Alice Roberts, however, the human body is a “hodge-podge” of parts assembled in an “untidy” fashion “with no foresight” by evolution. So, like many evolutionary biologists before her, she set out with some colleagues to “design and build the Perfect Body.”...

.....Why do people enamored of evolution ignore the evidence and presume they can create the Perfect Human Body? Is this the way science is supposed to work?

https://evolutionnews.org/2018/06/the-perfect-human-body/

True Evo's know that diversity is critical to evolution, so anyone
who claims they can improve on the human body is not actually
an evolutionist, but instead a subscriber to the theory without
reading it.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
reading it.

What if I said I wanted to improve on the human body by decreasing the time it takes for blood to clot?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What if I said I wanted to improve on the human body by decreasing the time it takes for blood to clot?
Then it would clot too fast and people will die. Feel free to test my analysis.
Blood clots are what cause strokes. Test on other people, you don't like much.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Then it would clot too fast and people will die. Feel free to test my analysis.
Blood clots are what cause strokes. Test on other people, you don't know well.

Then let me clarify my statement: What if I said I wanted to improve on the human body by decreasing the time it takes for blood to clot on open wounds?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then let me clarify my statement: What if I said I wanted to improve on the human body by decreasing the time it takes for blood to clot on open wounds?

I've used blood clotting sticks on my shaving cuts, and they work great.
But the body is unable to stop my shaving cuts from bleeding without
carrying them internally, which would clot up other things, like my heart.

So topical use and not pills will work.

A guy created a spray made from vegetable peel that preserves
vegetables on the shelf. External solutions are often the best.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I've used blood clotting sticks on my shaving cuts, and they work great.
But the body is unable to stop my shaving cuts from bleeding without
carrying them internally, which would clot up other things like my heart.

So topical use and not pills will work.

You're not answering my question with respects to what you said: What if I said I wanted to improve on the human body by decreasing the time it takes for blood to clot on open wounds?
To you, am I an 'evolutionist' (And PLEASE. Stop using that term since it's made-up nonsense!) or a 'subscriber of evolution'?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're not answering my question with respects to what you said: What if I said I wanted to improve on the human body by decreasing the time it takes for blood to clot on open wounds?
To you, am I an 'evolutionist' (And PLEASE. Stop using that term since it's made-up nonsense!) or a 'subscriber of evolution'?

I don't know what you claim you are or what it means.

People will die from your experiment. Is my answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what you claim you are or what it means.

I'm not asking you to say what I am. I'm asking, out of those two options you gave, to say which one you think I am. It's a simple either/or answer.

People will die from your experiment. Is my answer.

That's not the answer to my question.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
reading it.
Honestly, I don't know what evolution would have to do with improving the human body. Genetic manipulation through the most efficient means entirely bypasses any selective breeding, etc. Technically, one could make humans more diverse than ever by inserting genes into the human genome that are entirely foreign to it, but I am pretty sure people are far too uncomfortable with it to do any more than, say, cure someone of a genetic disease through removal of the disease allele and replacing it with the normal human allele.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In this article Jonathan Wells...
Robert-De-Niro-Oh-you.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0