• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

The Perfect Church

Discussion in 'Semper Reformanda' started by JM, Jul 6, 2020.

1. JM

JM Orthodox Protestant Supporter

+2,611
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    People rarely recognize how greatly they expose their pride and self-righteousness by the things they say and do. Over the years, I have known a good many people who, finding fault with someone else, have left one local church and gone to another. When asked why, I have heard many say, “I can’t go to church with people like that….with people who believe that…with people who wear…” etc. Others can’t attend church here because we do or do not practice closed communion.

I have a few questions for all you good pompous religionists. Do you reckon the Lord Jesus knew Judas was a betrayer when he sat with him at the first communion service? Obviously, he did. Yet, he served the bread and wine to Judas and to Peter. Do you suppose there were any people in the local church at Corinth who had a problem with inebriation? Obviously, there were some. But Paul never suggested that faithful brethren should therefore abandon the assembly. Were there any in the Galatian church who had a problem with legalism? Indeed, there were. But none were taught that they should therefore abandon the church.

If you are looking for the perfect church, you’ve come to the wrong building. That’s the one down the road or across the country. This is a family of sinners saved by God’s free grace in Christ. We’ve come here to worship him, sing his praise, proclaim his goodness, hear from him, and help one another along the way. - Don Fornter

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Aspzan

Aspzan Well-Known Member Supporter

+668
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    "There is no perfect church and if there was you would ruin it."

3. JM

+2,611
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    Old, OLD joke...but still true.

4. Phil W

Phil W Well-Known Member

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Why don't you feel that God can't create a perfect church?
    He did make a way for us to be a perfect man, with a perfect Spirit, so if two of these get together He has also created a perfect church.
    BTW, He is coming back for a virgin bride-church, so if your's doesn't match that definition...it is time to leave.

5. JM

+2,611
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    Sheep and goats. Wheat and tares.

6. Phil W

Phil W Well-Known Member

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Sheep, wheat.
    There are good, obedient to God people out here.
    Not everyone will be cast out.

7. JM

+2,611
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    That's my point. The visible church is not perfect.

8. Phil W

Phil W Well-Known Member

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Then the sheep/wheat are still goats and tares.
    Jesus won't find a virgin bride when He returns.
    I can't buy that.

9. JM

+2,611
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    Matthew 13

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

10. Phil W

Phil W Well-Known Member

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I get the impression that all you have ever experienced are false, stained, spotted churches.
    Don't despair.
    There are good ones out here.

11. JM

+2,611
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    Phil W, how do you interpret the portion of scripture I quoted above?

12. Phil W

Phil W Well-Known Member

+665
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    JM, I interpret Matt 13 this way...
    The field is the world.
    The good seed is the word of God.
    The bad seed is false doctrine.
    The sprouted wheat is those who adhere to Godliness.
    The sprouted tares are those sent to pollute the "crop".
    When Christ returns for God's children, He will root out the bad and keep the good.
    If applied to a church setting, the wheat are the true believers and the tares are the posers.
    If the whole "church" is posers, none will be counted as God's children.

13. JM

+2,611
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    I'm not following your rabbit trail.