Sister of Faith

{Guide us to the straight path[1:6]}
Jun 1, 2011
✟8,047.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
On the authority of Abdullah bin Abbas, who said : One day I was behind the prophet and he said to me:
"Young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] :
Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you.
Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you.
If you ask, ask of Allah;
if you seek help, seek help of Allah.
Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and that
if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allah had already prescribed for you.

The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried." narrated by Termithi,

Last edited:

SanFrank

Islam Lies to Muslims - Facebook
Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems the ink is still wet as history is still be written. The outcome of the syrian war should determine which islamic branch syrians will hold on to and which will be abandoned. Everyone thinks Assad is fighting to the death because he feels killing the competition is the only way to survive. He has everything to lose if he loses control. You see, the mindset of a shiite living in syria can be summarized as follows: if alawite shiite Assad does not control the sunni majority, the sunni will turn and kill off the shiite minority. As of today, human rights groups calculate nearly 20,000 killed since the syrian uprising began in March 2011.

These two islamic branches will never work together, at least not in syria. The children are learning this all too well as alawite children are segregated and even fenced apart from the others. The signs of hatred are brewing for the next generation.

The same thing happened in Israel where islamic hatred towards the Jew required israelis to construct their barrier walls to keep suicide bombers at bay. There is no appeasing the islamic mindset.

As of today, the competing branches of islam are at work against eachother in ways that I never imagined. The European Reformation period of protestantism vs catholicism pales by comparison. Im left with the question, which branch of islam does 'allah' want you to follow?

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
The European Reformation period of protestantism vs catholicism pales by comparison.
I doubt that.

Any comparison between distinct historical events reaches its limits pretty quickly, but for what it's worth, the wars fought in the wake of the Protestant Reformation were among the worst the European heartland had ever seen up until that point.
Wide territories were all but depopulated in the wake, and we can not even begin to imagine what the conflict would have looked like if the mercenaries had access to machine guns, tanks, airplanes, or - last but not least - weapons of mass destruction. Even with nothing more than muskets, cannons and blades, they managed to kill roughly 25-40% of the German populace. (Considerably more in some regions: Württemberg lost three quarters of its population to the war, Brandenburg two thirds.)

Upvote 0

MewtwoX

Veteran
Dec 11, 2005
Ontario, Canada
✟9,746.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
On the authority of Abdullah bin Abbas, who said : One day I was behind the prophet and he said to me:
"Young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] :
Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you.
Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you.
If you ask, ask of Allah;
if you seek help, seek help of Allah.
Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and that
if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allah had already prescribed for you.
The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried." narrated by Termithi,

...Okay.

Is there something to discuss regarding this passage? I'm trying to understand the point of this topic.

Upvote 0