Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How so? If killing an animal is always driven by the awful urges that you claim the people who do so professionally and their employers would be a much larger group and bigger worry than these people who very likely didn't kill the pig at the center of their tasteless spectacle.
It isn't pigs that we are concerned about.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So the whole “petition the Government for the redress of grievances” is just “window dressing” for how “they” want chaos and anarchy?
One might think a Christian might be a bit less cynical.
One might better realize how many are deceived, even those labeled "Christians".

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If it were fake it would be burning more uniformly. In my non expert opinion, never having handled nor burned a pigs head, it looks to have had accelerant poured in its mouth.
I can only guess how hot the flames woudl have to be to get any flesh to catch fire like that.

made a quick call to a firefighter i know. An accelerant put in a space like a pig's mouth woudl cause a small explosion not a slow burn flame.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I can only guess how hot the flames woudl have to be to get any flesh to catch fire like that.

Hence why I said an accelerant was used, the flesh does not look to be burning on its own in the picture.

made a quick call to a firefighter i know. An accelerant put in a space like a pig's mouth woudl cause a small explosion not a slow burn flame.
You may want to reiterate to the guy that the head was severed leaving a passage for air from behind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hence why I said an accelerate was used, the flesh does not look to be burning on its own in the picture.

You may want to reiterate to the guy that the head was severed leaving a passage for air from behind.
sent him the picture.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It isn't pigs that we are concerned about.
If all killing is driven by the lust for power as claimed in post 27 how can you not be concerned over a global industry that is based around killing billions of animals?

I also reiterate that there is no indication that the pig was killed by those who used its head from their tasteless protest.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
From Andy NGO.

A trustworthy, unbiased source if ever there was one. :rolleyes:

Post three has two links showing it was Antifa. Nadler said plainly Antifa is a myth.

As noted, Andy Ngo's claims don't amount to "showing."

So the chances that Ngo's picture isn't real is pretty good.

Consider for a moment just how anyone in Portland would acquire a pigs head, bring it downtown in what?...their Nissan? Get it to burn...somehow. and Ngo is the only one who noticed.

How would you acquire it? Go to a butcher shop and buy one.

How to transport it? How big do you think this thing is? It's about the size of a pot roast. You could stuff it in a backpack.

That size is also why this is a joke of a fire. I've had bigger fires in a charcoal grill.

Also...and maybe it’s just me...but does that pig’s head look kind of, well...fake to anyone? I mean, I’ve never burned a pig’s head, so I’m not an expert, but...it looks kind of off to me. Like it’s made of something not skin.

Again, not saying it is. Could just be me.

It looks real enough to me - pig flesh looks kind of weird and plastic-y. If you want examples, the band Mayhem used to use pig heads on stage:
mayhem pig head - Google Search

As to the fire, it was wearing a hat and probably had something else stuffed in/under it as well.

An accelerant put in a space like a pig's mouth woudl cause a small explosion not a slow burn flame.

No, it wouldn't. It only might cause an explosion if the mouth was enclosed and/or the vapors had concentrated significantly. Pouring lighter fluid on it would look just like that.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
If all killing is driven by the lust for power as claimed in post 27 how can you not be concerned over a global industry that is based around killing billions of animals?

I also reiterate that there is no indication that the pig was killed by those who used its head from their tasteless protest.
And I'm still waiting for evidence that Antifa was involved. As near as I can tell, Ngo just claimed it was, without a single shred of evidence, and every article that cited just took that for granted.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Eating the flesh of animals is something that people, who do not necessarily lust for power, do, and that is what is served by the meat industry. We are not concerned over animals being killed for human consumption. We are concerned about humans who will be violently sacrificed for the sake of an ideological cause. Do you feel that this can't happen here?

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
  • Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
BLMANTIFAWTH has now trodden on a fine Black Metal tradition, have they no shame?

Well, black metal has "black" in the name, so it's like a solidarity thing, right?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Eating the flesh of animals is something that people, who do not necessarily lust for power, do, and that is what is served by the meat industry. We are not concerned over animals being killed for human consumption.

That service cannot be rendered without killing billions of animals, if all killing is from a lust for power how is that not a large concern?

We are concerned about humans who will be violently sacrificed for the sake of an ideological cause. Do you feel that this can't happen here?

My assertion was and is that you're assuming a great deal from one grotesque act of protest from facts not in evenidence.

Also, who's we? Are you the head of some organization that has elected you to speak for them?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, black metal has "black" in the name, so it's like a solidarity thing, right?
Now I am picturing a pedantic Black Metal kid influenced by some of the NAZI contamination in the genre getting into it with a social justice BLM type. Talk about a match made in hell.

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
One might better realize how many are deceived, even those labeled "Christians".
Maybe people are tired of nothing happening after decades of drawing the short straw?
“A more perfect union” must include a system of justice that’s JUST.
If “the people” find that the system under which they live isn’t just and nothing happens, protesting is likely, and yea, verily, most are going to to glad for those protests except for those at the top!

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Now I am picturing a pedantic Black Metal kid influenced by some of the NAZI contamination in the genre getting into it with a social justice BLM type. Talk about a match made in hell.

I'm imagining that same kid showing up to a march, waving the pig head around, and getting really confused once he realizes that something isn't lining up. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if South Park already had an episode about Cartman and/or Butters doing something just like that.

Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Same was probably said when the colonies went against the British.

Nothing is ever just plain and simple unless you see everything black or white.
Very simple with these murderers, theives, and terrorists.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That service cannot be rendered without killing billions of animals, if all killing is from a lust for power how is that not a large concern?

My assertion was and is that you're assuming a great deal from one grotesque act of protest from facts not in evenidence.

Also, who's we? Are you the head of some organization that has elected you to speak for them?
Killing of human beings is what I was referring to as being driven by lust for power. Serial murderers kill their human victims for that reason, and they often begin by practicing on animals first. But I don't worry about animals.

I'm not assuming much, actually, people are already injured and dying because of the protests.

I do speak for members of the Church, so yes, to answer your last question.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Maybe people are tired of nothing happening after decades of drawing the short straw?
“A more perfect union” must include a system of justice that’s JUST.
If “the people” find that the system under which they live isn’t just and nothing happens, protesting is likely, and yea, verily, most are going to to glad for those protests except for those at the top!
I am at the bottom, which is the best place to be, according to my Lord and Master, Jesus Christ. And I am of good cheer, because I know that Christ is risen from the dead, and has destroyed the power of death by His own death and Resurrection as God in the flesh. He is going to raise all of us. What power can any evil people really have over us? How's this for "optimistic"?

Upvote 0