Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who does Nadler say are the people looting, starting fires, etc.?

Post three has two links showing it was Antifa. Nadler said plainly Antifa is a myth.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Post three has two links showing it was Antifa. Nadler said plainly Antifa is a myth.
Unless I missed something when I was reading, those links just claim it was Antifa. It doesn't seem like they support that claim.

It might be in the video, though. Won't load for me.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why do serial murderers torture, mutilate, and destroy animals?
We do not have confirmation that they killed the pig, nor that it was tortured first. That said, 95% of the US population consumes meat, are we all to be classed as potential serial killers due to our participation in the meat industry that kills 120 million pigs in the US every year?

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
um...yeah....all these stem from the claims on Andy Ngo and extreme right wing blogger that has been caught multiple times faking news. For example last year he wrote an article claiming the English government has been supplanted by fundamentalist Islam and is subjected the people of England to sharia law. he presented a London sign reading “alcohol restricted zone” as evidence when it was actually a public safety ordinance designed to discourage public acts of drunkenness from patrons of nearby pubs, bars, and strip clubs.preventing nightclub and strip club goers from carrying open alcohol containers.

So the chances that Ngo's picture isn't real is pretty good.

Consider for a moment just how anyone in Portland would acquire a pigs head, bring it downtown in what?...their Nissan? Get it to burn...somehow. and Ngo is the only one who noticed.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
a) I'm not an expert on serial murderers, but I don't think they all do that.
b) Even if it were true, so what? That serial killers mutilate and kill animals doesn't mean all who do that are serial killers.
The motivation is one and the same: lust for power. Lust for power drives the compulsion to kill.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The motivation is one and the same: lust for power. Lust for power drives the compulsion to kill.
If that's the case the meat industry would seem to be a much larger worry than this handful of miscreants putting on a show with the head of a pig they very likely didn't kill.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
um...yeah....all these stem from the claims on Andy Ngo and extreme right wing blogger that has been caught multiple times faking news. For example last year he wrote an article claiming the English government has been supplanted by fundamentalist Islam and is subjected the people of England to sharia law. he presented a London sign reading “alcohol restricted zone” as evidence when it was actually a public safety ordinance designed to discourage public acts of drunkenness from patrons of nearby pubs, bars, and strip clubs.preventing nightclub and strip club goers from carrying open alcohol containers.

So the chances that Ngo's picture isn't real is pretty good.

Consider for a moment just how anyone in Portland would acquire a pigs head, bring it downtown in what?...their Nissan? Get it to burn...somehow. and Ngo is the only one who noticed.
Also...and maybe it’s just me...but does that pig’s head look kind of, well...fake to anyone? I mean, I’ve never burned a pig’s head, so I’m not an expert, but...it looks kind of off to me. Like it’s made of something not skin.

Again, not saying it is. Could just be me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If that's the case the meat industry would seem to be a much larger worry than this handful of miscreants putting on a show with the head of a pig they very likely didn't kill.
I think that the dehumanizing of policemen by comparing them to a slaughtered animal is more concerning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Also...and maybe it’s just me...but does that pig’s head look kind of, well...fake to anyone? I mean, I’ve never burned a pig’s head, so I’m not an expert, but...it looks kind of off to me. Like it’s made of something not skin.

With the low quality of the images its hard to say but getting a pigs head is not such an insurmountable task that my first thought is fake. All one would need is to know a butcher or someone else involved in the meat supply chain and a head could be acquired with little fuss.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. To get back to the OP, how is this representative of all the protesters? Is this not part of free speech like burning a flag?

There were no clashes between the protesters and the police last night in Portland. That is a big step in my book.
If a person has a different religion than the one Jesus taught, then it could be in that competing, other religion, it could be for some that a national flag is a special sacred thing (to some individuals, having this other religion in actual reality), making something that isn't of God into a sacred object. So, it would be (just one of many possibilities) an instance where some individual sees burning a flag as equal to blasphemy or such, and if you encounter those trying to lift up a national flag to be equal to the things of God, you should not assume that is a Christian viewpoint.

This competing other religion though is quite real. A church member I've known for years was invited to an event at a megachurch where they literally had covered up the cross with a giant American flag, which had the special place of sacred prominence. It's not imagined, but quite real, that there is a competing religion that is nationalistic and puts the flag and nation as equal or above God.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think that the dehumanizing of policemen by comparing the to a slaughtered animal is more concerning.
How so? If killing an animal is always driven by the awful urges that you claim the people who do so professionally and their employers would be a much larger group and bigger worry than these people who very likely didn't kill the pig at the center of their tasteless spectacle.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

good point.

the fact that there is fire INSIDE the pig's mouth is a good clue that thing isn't real. A real animal head wouldn't burn on it's on, the fire would have to be fueled by some outside source.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They are terrorists, terrorizing the country. Plain and simple.

Same was probably said when the colonies went against the British.

Nothing is ever just plain and simple unless you see everything black or white.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"Because they can".
True, and because they can, they can feel a sense of control and power. This is why they kill pigs. Soon, they will graduate to killing humans, to obtain the far greater satisfaction of their desire to have power and control. A society can easily become every bit as pathological as serial murderers, once it deems it acceptable.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The decapitation and burning of the pig symbolizes their hearts' desire to decapitate and burn human beings, whom they have already dehumanized to themselves by equating them with pigs, and whom they would like others to dehumanize also. If they could do this to actual people without being punished for it they most certainly would, because they are murderers and liars. Most protesters, peaceful or not, aren't really after peace, but rather, they're after power, because they believe that power will save them from suffering, death, and even worse: meaninglessness. But it's not so: power can't save any one of us, except the Power of God to raise us from the dead and give us Eternal Life in His Heavenly Kingdom. Outside of this there is not hope, nor is there any truth, but all is just vanity and lies, leading to murder, ultimately, just as it always has,.
So the whole “petition the Government for the redress of grievances” is just “window dressing” for how “they” want chaos and anarchy?
One might think a Christian might be a bit less cynical.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
good point.

the fact that there is fire INSIDE the pig's mouth is a good clue that thing isn't real. A real animal head wouldn't burn on it's on, the fire would have to be fueled by some outside source.
If it were fake it would be burning more uniformly. In my non expert opinion, never having handled nor burned a pigs head, it looks to have had accelerant poured in its mouth.

Upvote 0