1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Path is Narrow and the List is so short

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by Sephania, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Sephania

Sephania Well-Known Member

+369
    I eargerly searched this listing ( I know it's incomplete, but still) and was very disappointed to find it so short, not surprised mind you, but still. :(

Torah Observant Messianic Congregations

What can be done?
    What can we do?
    What should be done?
    Are there so few?

:sigh:

Show us the Way L-RD!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Shimshon

Shimshon Well-Known Member

+769
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Zayit, I noticed that the synagogue I frequent is not on the list. Yet it is a VERY Torah observant shul. And yet the one that is listed in my area is of the "2 House Efrayimite movement" :( Not to mention I know of several other "messianic" congregations in my area that are not listed as well. This tells me that the list you linked to is very incomplete.

May this bring you some hope that there are more than you have noticed. :amen:

3. Nossa-the-Lame

Nossa-the-Lame Strider of the Pope

+31
    Christian
    My congregation is not on there, and I believe it is torah observant, I mean we have a shofar and the torah scroll and all that!!! Yeah I think this list in incomplete...VERY incomplete.

4. ShirChadash

ShirChadash A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!

+573
    Judaism
    Married
    :sigh: UGH! Oy and UGH!

5. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+7,597
    Messianic
    The one in my area is not listed and it is Torah observant....looks like this list is lacking...

6. Sephania

+369
    [​IMG] Sorta Still Under Construction Well up at the top they say that they are working on it and its not complete, but Nossa a Torah scroll and shofar do not a Torah observant Syangogue make. Many that claim to be are nothing but a Hollywood set, out front it looks real but walk two feet behind and theres nothing but bare 2x4's holding it up.

If anyone knows of a syangogue that should be on there maybe email then, that is how they are compiling the list.

7. Sephania

+369
    Seems in three years the list hasn't grown all that much. :sigh: 32

8. christianmomof3

christianmomof3 pursuing Christ

+1,034
    Christian
    Married
    I think that particular list is just incomplete and not updated.

You'll see catsandratsandelephants, but sure as you're born
    You're never gonna see no Unicorn. - Shel Silverstein

9. Sephania

+369
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] (Updated: April 18, 2007)

I think that is updated enough, only a few months ago. And what does this have to do with this thread?:scratch:

[/FONT]

10. christianmomof3

+1,034
    Christian
    Married
    Oh, I did not see the updated part. I just looked at it and I know there are quite a few MJ synagogues in my area that are not on that list.

The quote is because I saw you had a quote by an "R. Silverstein" and the only Silverstein I know and really think is terrific that came to my mind is Shel Silverstein. Have you ever read his books? They are children's poetry and are very cute. :) I really love the poem The Unicorn
    Here it is: http://www.qu-i-x.com/unicorn.html

11. Sephania

+369
    Ah, I did see the last names were the same but didn't make the connection. :doh: :)

Cute poem even though not true. ;)

Did you know?
    • A rhinoceros's horn is made of hair.
    • Rhinos are in the same family as horses, and are thought to have inspired the myth of the unicorn.
    http://living.onstable.com/wp-images/rhino.jpg :)

12. christianmomof3

+1,034
    Christian
    Married
    Hmm, I did not know either of those things! That is very interesting! I like that! I used to share fun facts like that with my students when I was teaching - like hippos sweat is pink. :)

13. Sephania

+369
    opps dbl post, mods please delete. :)

14. Sephania

+369
    Yes! I've watched some of the Animal planets show on the river ponies, they are cute but very dangerous! You would think they would be slow on land but they can truck! I like how they walk underwater, so cute. But scary enough that the crocs know better than to provoke them!

I think rhinos are sweet, I saw one close up on a safari once, It made me cry to know they were just being gunned down and their horns cut off for some fertility potion in the far East. :(