The Passion-Who killed Christ?

PresidentsAnalyst

Feb 9, 2004
✟325.00
Faith
Christian
Actually, the Roman soldiers who actually drove the nails into his hands and stuff are the ones who killed him. Whatever their names were, who knows. The ones that shoves spears into his sides.

How did our sins kill a guy 2000 years ago? Quit spewing that pseudo-christian non-sense. Keep Christianity logical.

Upvote 0

ZaraDurden

Comfortably Numb
Aug 5, 2003
Jersey
Visit site
✟3,702.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Keep Christianity logical.
Thats like spitting at the rain my friend.

But in regards to the OP:
I saw The Passion today and I wouldnt say it was anti-semetic but I would say it did some injustice to the Jews of the time. It didnt mention the extreme frailty of Israel at the time, and the Jewish leaders were extremely afraid that any uprising would split them and the Romans would come down and wipe them out-- so you can see why they would be so scared of Jesus. And in fact that is what happened to them 60 years or so later.

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
✟13,683.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, the reason Jesus was born on earth was so he could die and take away our sins.

Jesus chose to be put on the cross.

As he was the son of God, he could've easily called down legions upon legions of Angels to destroy those nailing him and whatnot, and he could've saved himself and lived, but that wasn't his meaning in life. His meaning in Life was to be born to DIE on that cross. He is the only person in history who was specifically born so that he could die on the cross.

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0

Sparkle

Born Again!
Feb 21, 2004
Canada
✟7,739.00
Faith
Christian
TransformedByGrace said:
In The Midst Of Controversy Arguing Whether The Jews Or Romans Crucified Christ, Let's Not Forget That It Was
OUR SINS
That Hung Him On The Cross.

I agree with you 'Transformed' this should be a non issue, especially between Christians! Jesus died for us, he took on our sins and died because he love us so much. So I really feel that we shouldn't question the free gift or argue about 'who killed Jesus' IT WAS US, ALL OF US REGARDLESS OF RACE.

Thank you Jesus! :clap: I would be nothing without you :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
So there's no way that Jesus died for standing up for the sake of justice of the down trodden Jew, who was being neglected by their corrupt priesthood and subjugated under harsh Romen rule. And in doing so causing a ruckus at the Temple where it's Pilate's duty to keep the peace, so he can collect the taxes, and when someone disrupts that peace, well...you know, punishement was harsh and swift.

There's no way that could be the scenario of Jesus' death?

Upvote 0

Chuck_Darwin

Sep 21, 2002
Holland, Michigan
Visit site
✟1,023.00
Faith
Atheist
No one killed him, it was suicide. If he was an allpowerfull, allknowing godman he could have changed what happened but he didn't. Of course for this to be the case you would have to think that there is a god and that jesus was one/it. I find both of these premisises false.

Upvote 0

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
Yes, Jesus voluntarily died to save us, but it certainly wasn't due to our sins. It was due to his love for us.

Example: You are thrown off an ocean liner. You are drowning. Jesus jumps in to save you. He struggles to put you on a life raft. He dies during your rescue. Sharks chew at his flesh.

We were thrown off the ocean liner by Adam and Eve, our first parents. We have inherited sin and death from them. We did not ask or choose to be thrown off.

We can be grateful to Jesus for his act of love.

PS- The sharks are the Jewish religious leaders.

Please note, I did not say the Jewish people.

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
lared said:
Yes, Jesus voluntarily died to save us, but it certainly wasn't due to our sins. It was due to his love for us.

Example: You are thrown off an ocean liner. You are drowning. Jesus jumps in to save you. He struggles to put you on a life raft. He dies during your rescue. Sharks chew at his flesh.

We were thrown off the ocean liner by Adam and Eve, our first parents. We have inherited sin and death from them. We did not ask or choose to be thrown off.

We can be grateful to Jesus for his act of love.

PS- The sharks are the Jewish religious leaders.

Please note, I did not say the Jewish people.
:scratch: Aren't "the Jews" and Pilate just pawns in a scheme way bigger than them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
Doctrine1st said:
:scratch: Aren't "the Jews" and Pilate just pawns in a scheme way bigger than them?
No.

Pawns, as in chess, are directly moved by a higher source.

Illustration:
A school teacher knows her students. She is sick one morning and a substitute teacher is called in. Particular students act up and are disrespectful to the substitute teacher. One student even flings a spitball at the teacher, because he is egged on by others.

Much of fallen mankind is also disrespectful to authority, especially the supreme authority, Almighty God himself. It was nothing strange that such religious hypocrites as the scribes and the pharisees would egg on others to 'fling a spitball' at Jesus. They were not forced to do this, as if they were mere robots. But were encouraged and misled by these worldly religious leaders, who were also in turn encouraged and misled by Satan.

Upvote 0

nadroj1985

A bittersweet truth: sum, ergo cogito
Dec 10, 2003
Lexington, KY
✟15,543.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
S Walch said:
His meaning in Life was to be born to DIE on that cross. He is the only person in history who was specifically born so that he could die on the cross.

I sure hope you're wrong. Jesus did a bit more than die on a cross.

Upvote 0

nadroj1985

A bittersweet truth: sum, ergo cogito
Dec 10, 2003
Lexington, KY
✟15,543.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
lared said:
Much of fallen mankind is also disrespectful to authority, especially the supreme authority, Almighty God himself. It was nothing strange that such religious hypocrites as the scribes and the pharisees would egg on others to 'fling a spitball' at Jesus. They were not forced to do this, as if they were mere robots. But were encouraged and misled by these worldly religious leaders, who were also in turn encouraged and misled by Satan.

Let's not be too quick to condemn the Jewish religious leaders. They "know not what they do." Don't be so sure you wouldn't do the same thing in their position.

Upvote 0