• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The part in the bible that discusses about one...

Discussion in 'Bibliology & Hermeneutics' started by thelord's_pearl, Dec 7, 2018 at 12:16 AM.

1. thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl New Member

+9
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    who finds a pearl and then hides it again that i recall vaguely. what does that mean? thanks a lot!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,024
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    The literal interpretation is that if a man finds a priceless pearl in a field, he hides it and sells all he has to buy that field. Once he has bought the field, everything contained on and in it belongs to him. Government laws involving finding treasure on someone's land and having to surrender it probably did not feature in Jesus' parable.

What it means Gospel wise, is that the person who finds Jesus as his Saviour, has found the Pearl of great Price, and so therefore is prepared to give up everything, including his life to secure his relationship with Christ, not letting anything get in the way of it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. SonOfHeaven

SonOfHeaven New Member

+23
    Bulgaria
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    The pearl is God's kingdom.

4. ewq1938

ewq1938 Chewbacca kree! Supporter

+3,349
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Swine-like people owned the land and you don't want them to get at the pearl so you hide it and raise enough money to buy it for yourself.

5. bcbsr

bcbsr Newbie

+1,220
    Christian
    Mt 13:45,46
    Or you could put it in poetic form:
    There once was a merchant looking for pearls
    Thinking of them like nuts to squirrels
    But one day he found a pearl of great price
    And sold all he had, all his merchandise
    To buy the pearl he sought the most
    Which in the end would be his boast.
    There are those who seek from place to place
    What can be found only through God's grace
    The pearl of great price is Jesus our Lord
    When you find Him you'll find that you can afford
    To replace your trust in other things
    With the One from whom eternal life springs

From The Parables of Jesus study

6. thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl New Member

+9
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    thanks everyone, i understand now!

7. whereloveandmercymeet

whereloveandmercymeet Member

+114
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    @bcbsr is that yours originally? (I mean the poem form, not the scripture). I really like it and would like to use it with the children at church but would want to give credit. It’s very memorable like that.

8. bcbsr

bcbsr Newbie

+1,220
    Christian
    Yep. Not only that I published a book of all the poetry I wrote

Bible Rap

Available on Amazon, but you'll find all the material scattered around my site, freely available and I've made all my materials free use so people can copy them as they like. No need for my permission and no need to give me credit. Most popular are the Parable series In fact there is a church group that incorporated my parable of the vineyard rap into a video.

9. whereloveandmercymeet

whereloveandmercymeet Member

+114
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    That’s awesome! I really love these. Thank you so much for allowing people to use them!

10. JackRT

JackRT Gargoyle at Oxford University Supporter

+9,704
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    This is a very troublesome saying to me. Ethically the correct thing to do would be to admit that you had trespassed and to inform the owner of the treasure that was on his property. It may be entirely legal to simply buy the field and keep the treasure for yourself but to do so is completely selfish and very deceptive.

11. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,270
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    The land was not posted, there weren't any signs saying No Trespassing, but the Bank had foreclosed on the property and it was up for sale. :clap: