Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Revelation 17:17, the ten kings hand their kingdom over to the beast.

In Daniel 7, the little horn removes 3 kings. It is not clear whether the 3 kings are part of the ten. Or that 3 of the original ten are removed and replaced. Either way, by the time the person becomes the beast, he is over those ten kings of Daniel 7.

History clearly reveals the identities and events.

Ten horns (kingdoms) and their first or early kings:
Heruli - Anthyrius I
Suevi - Hermeric
Burgundians - Gjúki
Huns - Attila
Ostrogoths - Theodoric
Visigoths - Alaric I
Vandals - Genseric
Lombards - Lethuc
Franks - Ascaric
Anglo-Saxons - Alfred the Great

Little horn (kingdom) and king:
The Roman papacy, governed by Gelasius I when the first of the three kings, Odoacer of the Heruli, was overthrown.

Three kings were overthrown: Odoacer of the Heruli, Teia of the Ostrogoths, Gelimer of the Vandals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Antiochus did not live time of the end.

Dan 8:19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.
Dan 8:20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
Dan 8:21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
Dan 8:22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.
Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
History clearly reveals the identities and events.

Ten horns (kingdoms) and their first or early kings:
Heruli - Anthyrius I
Suevi - Hermeric
Burgundians - Gjúki
Huns - Attila
Ostrogoths - Theodoric
Visigoths - Alaric I
Vandals - Genseric
Lombards - Lethuc
Franks - Ascaric
Anglo-Saxons - Alfred the Great

Little horn (kingdom) and king:
The Roman papacy, governed by Gelasius I when the first of the three kings, Odoacer of the Heruli, was overthrown.

Three kings were overthrown: Odoacer of the Heruli, Teia of the Ostrogoths, Gelimer of the Vandals.
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

It is not ten kingdoms. It is ten kings of the fourth kingdom - the Roman Empire. Those kings you listed attacked the Roman Empire.

The ten kings hand their kingdom - singular - to the beast. Revelation 17:17.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dan 8:19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.
Dan 8:20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
Dan 8:21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
Dan 8:22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.
Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

v19 Gabriel is going to bring Daniel through the Medes/Persians, the Greeks, the four break up kingdoms. To get to where, he starts describing the time of the end events surrounding the little horn person and the 2300 days.

19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be. The end of the little horn person is when he attempls to stand up against the Prince of princes - Jesus.

Neither the medes/persians. Nor the Greeks. Nor the break up kingdoms. Are time of the end.

The kingdom in v23 is the kingdom of the transgressors. The host given to the little horn person in v12. Time of the end.

Antiochus did not live time of the end. Antiochus lived 160 years before Jesus. So Antiochus could have never stood up against the Prince of princes - Jesus.

25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

It is not ten kingdoms. It is ten kings of the fourth kingdom - the Roman Empire. Those kings you listed attacked the Roman Empire.

The ten kings hand their kingdom - singular - to the beast. Revelation 17:17.

I listed ten kings.

Their kingdoms arose out of the collapse of the Roman empire in 476 AD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Who were the ten kings of the Roman empire while the Roman empire was in existence?
The ten kings are not yet identified, because they are not yet in place. Their kingdom is the EU, the end times version of the Roman Empire.

The little horn/Antichrist/beast person has not yet being identified either. We are living in the parable of the fig tree generation.

Israel is in a nation again, in a single day, to have a King.

Jerusalem is back in the hands of the Jews again, to have a temple built, which the Antichrist will cause to be desolate, and the abomination of desolation placed there.

The Gog/Magog nations are in place to attack Israel in the latter days and latter years.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I listed ten kings.

Their kingdoms arose out of the collapse of the Roman empire in 476 AD.
It is not ten kings who contributed to the collapse of the Roman Empire. The ten kings are of the Roman Empire. And at the time of the end, i.e. end times.

The barbarians were attackers of the Roman Empire.

The history channel on You Tube has many good videos on the barbarians, Attila, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is not ten kings who contributed to the collapse of the Roman Empire. The ten kings are of the Roman Empire.

The barbarians were attackers of the Roman Empire.

The history channel on You Tube has many good videos on the barbarians, Attila, etc.

I listed ten kings who arose, and one king who arose after them, and the three kings that the one king subdued.

Consistent with Daniel's descriptions.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I listed ten kings who arose, and one king who arose after them, and the three kings that the one king subdued.

The ten kings you listed are not consistent with Daniel because those ten kings you listed are not of the fourth kingdom. They attacked the fourth kingdom.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The ten kings you listed are not consistent with Daniel because those ten kings you listed are not of the fourth kingdom. They attacked the fourth kingdom.

Daniel 7
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise...

Ten kings attacked and occupied territories within the Roman empire.

They arose out of the Roman empire at its collapse to establish ownership of these territories.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Daniel 7
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise...

Ten kings attacked and occupied territories within the Roman empire.

They arose out of the Roman empire at its collapse to establish ownership of these territories.

The ten kings don't attack the kingdom they are out of.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The ten kings don't attack the kingdom they are out of.

out of
[out of]
DEFINITION
  1. indicating the source or derivation of something; from.
Daniel 7
24 And the ten horns from this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise...

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
out of
[out of]
DEFINITION
  1. indicating the source or derivation of something; from.
Daniel 7
24 And the ten horns from this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise...
You are from Canada. It does not mean that you attack Canada.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are from Canada. It does not mean that you attack Canada.

The kings attacked and occupied territories within the Roman empire.

They arose from the Roman empire at its collapse to establish ownership of these territories.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not. You're the one claiming that they attacked the fourth kingdom. I'm just agreeing with you.
The ten kings you listed attacked the fourth kingdom the Roman Empire. Perhaps you are not aware of the historical facts.

Attanking the Roman Empire is contradictory of the ten kings in Daniel 7. Therefore the ten kings you listed are not the ten kings of Daniel 7.

The ten kings in Daniel 7 do not attack the fourth kingdom, the Roman Epire.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The ten kings you listed attacked the fourth kingdom the Roman Empire.

That is contradictory to the ten kings in Daniel 7. Therefore the ten kings you listed are not the ten kings of Daniel 7.

How is it contradictory?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How is it contradictory?
Because the ten kings are ten kings of the Roman Empire in the text.

They are not ten kings who attack the Roman Empire, that part is not in the text. The ten kings you listed attacked the Roman Empire.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because the ten kings are ten kings of the Roman Empire in the text.

They are not ten kings who attack the Roman Empire, that part is not in the text. The ten kings you listed attacked the Roman Empire.

Simply because Daniel's account does not include the military activities of the kings does not invalidate their identities.

I've explained previously how they were "out of", i.e. "from", the Roman empire.

Upvote 0