The paranormal "orb" is in reality, "The Holy Spirit."

Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
We do pay for some sins in temporal punishment. Only as in "you shall reap what you sow"..but.if forgiveness is asked/prayed for, it is finished. The Holy Spirit brings evil spirits into our lives for these sins. This is not biblical, and it may help if you could substantiate your idea by providing scripture.
It sounds like you have learned a lot about spiritual things, but it is not working as it should. Consider that there might be information you have learned, which was not based on scriptures. Your intent was good, and people with good intent directed you. But did they teach you correctly?

I have been in situations where I was misguided by good teachers and well-meaning believers, so I am not pinpointing your church. Variation in doctrine happens everywhere.

You learned a lot, and became a bit of an expert in an area, but now need to refine and skim off the impurities. Use the written Word of God as your plumb line for teachings.

Jesus healed all who came to Him. Jesus delivered everyone who came to him for demonic deliverance. Every one of them was a sinner. We are all sinners. Jesus says, you are free -- "go and sin no more." You are free.

There are certainly physical consequences for our actions. Smokers get lung cancer, embezzlers get jail time. But on a spiritual level, Jesus teaches a power in the faith that we have been declared righteous before God, through His redemption.

If we lose that part of the gospel, then do we really have good news to spread? The gospel is based on our sinfulness being washed clean, and God delivering us from our inevitable guilt. You are a son, child, heir to the kingdom.

Upvote 0

humblewatchman

Two greatest commandements are to love.
Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it would benefit you to not only listen, but to actually "hear" what Parsley has told you at this point. I would only add that any theology that the bible doesn't teach or doesn't agree with, is not from God. But, He will teach what we are willing to hear and learn. If you stay open to His true leading, and read the bible, He will set your feet on sure ground and your mind and heart will be healed and set free.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think it would benefit you to not only listen, but to actually "hear" what Parsley has told you at this point. I would only add that any theology that the bible doesn't teach or doesn't agree with, is not from God. But, He will teach what we are willing to hear and learn. If you stay open to His true leading, and read the bible, He will set your feet on sure ground and your mind and heart will be healed and set free.

I agree.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry, I can not substantiate that the Holy Spirit brings evil spirits into your life do to sin. I have winessed it. The bible is sufficient.
I agree that our sin is an open invitation for spirits to settle into our domains, but believe they come on their own -- and we choose not to resist them. Usually we don't know they're around until things start going wrong. It is important to resist sin and glorify God -- in doing that, we develop a more resistant barrier to evil.

Once we have gone through a process to rid ourselves of evil oppression, it is important to stay out of the sin that weakened our resistance.

I found an article on a Portuguese group that seems to have a similar belief system, including the orb:

• Faith in the Divine (Portuguese: Fé no Divino) — that the Holy Spirit is present in all places, it knows all and sees all, and the faithful recognize that there are no secrets from the Holy Spirit. Offenses are severely punitive; O Divino Espírito Santo é vingativo (English: The Holy Spirit is vengeful), and holy vows/promises to God should be kept. Seven spiritual virtues guide the brotherhood of the faithful: wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord."

Have you thought about the history of Joseph Smith and Muhammad being completely convinced they had visitations sent from God? Ramakrishna had visions...when something unusual appears to people, they tend to make the assumption that it is from God. But the messages conveyed do not always line up with what God delivered earlier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
parsley and lilmissmontana,

here's something that might be of interest to you two. Four years ago I had an oppurtunity to speak to Jesus in which case he spoke to me in return. I believe you two have already read my stories so I'm going to shorten this.

My questions were:

Q1: Jesus, please do not forget me and leave me here to be like these people (the human devils who did me such a considerable amount of harm).

A1: He essentially told me that I would not be forgotten and that I would be in heaven with him.

Q2: I asked him who these people were that put me in a mental hospital.

A2: He told me that they were the devils (at the time I didn't know who they were) through the Spirit of Truth.

Q3: I asked him to send down a portal (vortex - the opening to the tunnel that leads many to heaven as per NDEs.) to get these lost (they lose their memories - they could not remember their lives, their names, they didn't know that they were human spirits', nor male or female) souls into heaven.

A3: He sent down the Holy Spirit (as in those paintings I mentioned) coming down through the clouds with the precision of a guided missile projectory, stopping on a dime right in front of me and pointing right at me.

Today, I pray for and preach the gospel work of salvation to the dead. And ultimately, I pray for the end of punishment.

while i appreciate your taking time to speak to me, i want to state between this thread and the one of your vision there is much that concerns me ... firstly your belief in the things that have been pointed out to you that are not scriptural ... i have a compassion for what you've been through that i won't begin to explain ... but as someone else said, i believe you have been deceived ... and/or are still being deceived ... i'm inclined to ask a question that i pray with all my heart is not offensive ... two of my closest friends grew up attending schools of your denomination ... they have both told me they were not allowed to read the Bible ... i'd like to state i have several other friends who i know did read theirs ... i'm interested to know which applies to you ... no judgement ... just wondering why in an earlier statement you said you couldn't substantiate your statement but that the 'bible is sufficient' ... to me that seems you can't because you don't know where to look ... of course, that is nothing but speculation ... just trying to understand ... do you see that there are many contradictions in what you say ... for example in the thread about your vision you changed it more than once ... like i said ... no judgement ... just trying to understand ... i can only speak for myslef, but the only way i can take things you say as Truth is if it CAN be substabtiated in the Word ... it's simply what it is ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

notforgotten

Child of God
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2012
Tustin, California
Visit site
✟109,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The most important thing in our Christian walk is to seek Him. Not just defend Him, know about Him, memorize and evangelize. God wants us -- pure, unfrenzied desire to know Him. The rest can be debated, but most of us will agree on that.

I agree with that.

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I just noticed that you are Catholic. This would explain some of the doctrinal differences in the posts. Kost Protestants do not believe in spiritual punishment the way you are talking about. We believe that God forgives completly without the "temporal punishment" thqt you speak of.

Upvote 0

humblewatchman

Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Sa 16:14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

Hi Alan,
You will find that these kinds of things no longer happened in the New Testament, because we now have the Holy Spirit to comfort, teach, empower us, and convict us of our sins. He is all we need now, in order to learn and grow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
As I said in my original post - "You do not have to believe it."

well, again, you misquote me ... i never said i didn't believe you ... just trying to understand where you're coming from ...

however ... no, i don't believe you now ... i don't know if you really saw what you say you saw ... or if you heard what you heard ... or you're making up ... or merely 'amusing' yourself ... don't care ... not my business ...

my only interest here now is your misrepresentation of the Holy Spirit ... the Holy Spirit is the RESTRAINER of evil ... not the disher out of who gets tortmented for how long ... this premise completely undermines the grace Jesus Christ brought to us through His death and ressurection ... grace is UNMERITED favor ... can't be bought or paid for in any other way ... the Holy Spirit is the COMFORTER ... not someone who makes someones life a living hell 'til they measure up' ...

so, no, i don't believe you ... not because of anything other than you are being decieved ... take it or leave it ... the choice is yours ... my purpose in this post is to let others know how i feel that they may check these things out for themself ... and to hopefully reach you ... i can only plant the seeds ... the Lord grows them ...

food for thought: to ignore scripture is to disarm oneself ... the Word IS our armor weapon ...

test the spirits ... there are many deceivers ... i don't care who tells you to believe them ... including myself ... check the Word carefully!!! it is your sword ... Truth ...

Upvote 0

humblewatchman

Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, I can not substantiate that the Holy Spirit brings evil spirits into your life do to sin. I have winessed it. The bible is sufficient.

I thought of you when I read this in my routine time with the Lord yesterday.
James 1:13-17 "When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
disclaimer: please don't be offended by this. You do not have to believe it.

Yes, we have had pictures of god, the third person of the Holy Trinity all along. I know this! I'm a devote christian and would not commit blashemy of the Holy Spirit in fear of punishment!

I've undergone Temporal Punishment. Evil spirits were brought into my life by the Holy Spirit and I have some experience with him. Take a good look at the Halo in pictures above the head of people like Jesus and the saints while still in body. This is the Holy Spirit who is the same as the Spirit of Life! Look familar?...like the orb. The Spirit of Life is a title for the Holy Spirit that gives us life in the invisible world, whom without, we would have no life in this world at all. The Spirit of Life connects our invisible immortal souls through the silver cord to the visible mortal body.

Take a look at the almost 400 year old painting called, "Heavenly & Earthly Trinities" by Bartolome Esteban Murrillo (1617-82). You will see the Holy Spirit under Father Gods' left hand. And look at the painting from the same era, "The Trinity Adored" by Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640). Again, you will see the Holy Spirit under Father Gods' left arm.

Also, having undergone Temporal Punishment, I've witnessed a two-way conversation with Jesus a few times and he has revealed the Spirit of Truth to me. The Spirit of Truth is another title for the Holy Spirit who remembers our whole lives including our thoughts and looks very similar to the orb!

This is already well commented on but I will mention that there is no such thing as a "silver cord" connecting our souls to our bodies. That is a satanic deception. You mention you've been in "temporal punishment" and that the devils have come *through* the Holy Spirit..I'm sorry, but whatever you've experienced, you need to throw it away. It's not correct, and it doesn't line up with the word of God. I've had experience what these kinds of deceptions, and even though you think you've gained some inside information, it is tainted with corruption and you can't trust it. You don't really know what's real about what you did see, and I can tell you that all of it isn't, since you are talking about silver cords and devils coming through the Holy Spirit. Those are lies of the devil. You should pray to God and ask Him for discernment and wisdom to see through the lies. God bless.

Upvote 0

Anna Scott

May 29, 2009
Texas
✟21,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
disclaimer: please don't be offended by this. You do not have to believe it.

Yes, we have had pictures of god, the third person of the Holy Trinity all along. I know this! I'm a devote christian and would not commit blashemy of the Holy Spirit in fear of punishment!

I've undergone Temporal Punishment. Evil spirits were brought into my life by the Holy Spirit and I have some experience with him. Take a good look at the Halo in pictures above the head of people like Jesus and the saints while still in body. This is the Holy Spirit who is the same as the Spirit of Life! Look familar?...like the orb. The Spirit of Life is a title for the Holy Spirit that gives us life in the invisible world, whom without, we would have no life in this world at all. The Spirit of Life connects our invisible immortal souls through the silver cord to the visible mortal body.

Take a look at the almost 400 year old painting called, "Heavenly & Earthly Trinities" by Bartolome Esteban Murrillo (1617-82). You will see the Holy Spirit under Father Gods' left hand. And look at the painting from the same era, "The Trinity Adored" by Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640). Again, you will see the Holy Spirit under Father Gods' left arm.

Also, having undergone Temporal Punishment, I've witnessed a two-way conversation with Jesus a few times and he has revealed the Spirit of Truth to me. The Spirit of Truth is another title for the Holy Spirit who remembers our whole lives including our thoughts and looks very similar to the orb!

srp,

My spiritual alarm is going off---red flags are waving.

From a purely spiritual standpoint, something seems very wrong about what you are saying. I would pray for discernment and seek help from a Christian Priest/Pastor.

I wouldn't base my Christian beliefs on art. The "halo" was used in depictions of sun gods, before it appeared in Christian art.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anna Scott

May 29, 2009
Texas
✟21,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ancient Egyptian sun god, with what looks very much like an "orb" over his head.

http://www.thenileandegypt.com/deity/ra.jpg

Helius god of the sun, with a halo.

Helius god of the sun, Athenian red-figure krater
C5th B.C., British Museum, London

http://www.theoi.com/image/img_helios.jpg

The Theoi Project : Greek Mythology was created and is edited by Aaron J. Atsma, Auckland, New Zealand.
Website copyright © 2000–2011 Aaron Atsma. Books offered in association with Amazon. Privacy policy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0