Orange County, California USA
✟15,186.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
disclaimer: please don't be offended by this. You do not have to believe it.

Yes, we have had pictures of god, the third person of the Holy Trinity all along. I know this! I'm a devote christian and would not commit blashemy of the Holy Spirit in fear of punishment!

I've undergone Temporal Punishment. Evil spirits were brought into my life by the Holy Spirit and I have some experience with him. Take a good look at the Halo in pictures above the head of people like Jesus and the saints while still in body. This is the Holy Spirit who is the same as the Spirit of Life! Look familar?...like the orb. The Spirit of Life is a title for the Holy Spirit that gives us life in the invisible world, whom without, we would have no life in this world at all. The Spirit of Life connects our invisible immortal souls through the silver cord to the visible mortal body.

Take a look at the almost 400 year old painting called, "Heavenly & Earthly Trinities" by Bartolome Esteban Murrillo (1617-82). You will see the Holy Spirit under Father Gods' left hand. And look at the painting from the same era, "The Trinity Adored" by Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640). Again, you will see the Holy Spirit under Father Gods' left arm.

Also, having undergone Temporal Punishment, I've witnessed a two-way conversation with Jesus a few times and he has revealed the Spirit of Truth to me. The Spirit of Truth is another title for the Holy Spirit who remembers our whole lives including our thoughts and looks very similar to the orb!

Last edited:
Reactions: rhiannalynn

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,304.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps. But I do not believe that the Holy Spirit has a specific form, any more than any spirit does.

When you come to trust your eyes, you are going in the wrong direction. Because you witnessed something with your senses, does not mean you were not fooled.

I sense something wrong with what you say, but I can't point anything out specifically. I just sense you have been misled.

I hope I'm wrong.

God bless

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I heard this recently at It's Supernatural from Sid Roth, don't remember who said it, that they had the glory on them and they painted it with a halo, but I don't know if it's true.
By the way, I have experience with demons, that was when I was sinning and opened a door for them. They were not send by the Holy Spirit. Jesus casted out demons through the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
People have seen visuals like that and attributed them to many things, so we need to be careful not to assume everything emanating light is of God. Some of the world religions began with a vision of a radiating being... but these belief systems conflict with each other.

The gospels describe the Holy Spirit descending on Jesus like a dove, so that's probably like what you're describing. (The Murillo and Reubens paintings showing dove more literally.) And I think you're right that the paintings depict the halo because people had seen that glow before.

I've also heard people say they've seen faces in floating orbs, not necessarily with good intent.

There are thousands of historical works of art that show glows of godliness.

San Salvador, El Salvador, Central America: Metropolitan Cathedral - the Holy Spirit as a dove - stained glass - rose window - photo by M.Torres - Travel-Images.com
http://www.wga.hu/art/g/greco_el/20/2001grec.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OJdwkKlUH...ATs/nsnRRROxpRM/s1600/fathersonspiriticon.jpg
EASTER
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/141/363734799_ea34a056b6_z.jpg?zz=1
http://www.tucoo.com/art/middle_ages_03/images/art0256.jpg

But also other orb-like objects

Ancient Greek Art: Helios, Nyx & Eos
http://www.prices4antiques.com/item_images/medium/61/60/35-01.jpg

It's nice that people recorded what they'd observed through history.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
srb,

The Holy Spirit can be depicted as an orb or halo, and He can choose to manifest those ways, but not every orb or halo is the Holy Spirit. Remember, satan comes as an angel of light, to deceive. This is why 1jn 4.1 tells us to test the spirits. much of what we struggle with in this forum is discernment of spirits.

As for the Holy Spirit bringing evil spirits to you, there may be semantics involved here, but God does not traffic in evil spirits. We can be vulnerable to them for various reasons, but it is not our loving Father's will that we should suffer evil spirits.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
srb,

The Holy Spirit can be depicted as an orb or halo, and He can choose to manifest those ways, but not every orb or halo is the Holy Spirit. Remember, satan comes as an angel of light, to deceive. This is why 1jn 4.1 tells us to test the spirits. much of what we struggle with in this forum is discernment of spirits.

As for the Holy Spirit bringing evil spirits to you, there may be semantics involved here, but God does not traffic in evil spirits. We can be vulnerable to them for various reasons, but it is not our loving Father's will that we should suffer evil spirits.

thank you, thank you, and thank you ... the Lord doesn't divide His house and nieither does Satan ... God bless!

Upvote 0

srp

Aug 27, 2012
✟15,186.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi parsely, I've also witnessed faces in floating "orbs". This is how the Holy Spirit keeps evil spirits in ones life during Temporal Punishment for sin. The devils travel through the Holy Spirit when the sinner is mobile. This is how the evil spirits stay in the sinners life as long as they are sinning, after that, I couldn't tell you. God gives life to the believer and non-believer alike. Many people in both kingdoms travel through the Holy Spirit. Jesus was incarnated through the the Holy Spirit.

Also parsley, there is something that you should understand, I have about 10 1/2 years experience in Temporal Punishment. That's 10 1/2 years with the devils and the invisible spirit world. This is nothing to boast about. The lord will deliver me from this evil as well as the evils of hell. Amen! :clap:

with love, srp

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
thank you, thank you, and thank you ... the Lord doesn't divide His house and nieither does Satan ... God bless!

I think what you mean is "Satan only divides his house"...

...how else would it fall?

Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

humblewatchman

Two greatest commandements are to love.
Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not taken offense in what you have said. I would like to talk to you about it.... that is if you don't mind. I have posted my comments and questions in bolded letters below. I speak to you in a gentle voice and in a spirit of love.

disclaimer: please don't be offended by this. You do not have to believe it.

Yes, we have had pictures of god, the third person of the Holy Trinity all along. I know this! I'm a devote christian and would not commit blashemy of the Holy Spirit in fear of punishment! Yes, it is good to always honor the Holy Spirit of God.

I've undergone Temporal Punishment. (definition of Temporal punishment; suffering that occurs either in this life or in purgatory that removes the punishment of sins already forgiven..) What is forgiven holds no punishment. Forgiveness set us free. With Jesus, my friend, we do not suffer for our sins that He has forgiven. He just frees us from them and brings us the healing and loving restoration that we need. It is not His wish that we suffer for them, as that was His whole purpose for sending us His advocate Son, who paid the price and endured the suffering "for us". I believe that this term of temporal punishment, is a mostly Catholic term... and some sects believe in punishing the flesh. But, this is contrary to the love and compassion of Christ. We are under grace. If you have believed in some other definition of that term I am interested in hearing your view.

Evil spirits were brought into my life by the Holy Spirit and I have some experience with him. The Lord can "allow" attacks via evil spirits for testing and teaching (as in Job's case...and many have read that story and learned from his mistakes/sins. We have also learned from reading that, that the Lord restores double what was lost for going through such a teaching experience..so that we are never at a loss because of it....we are more than just restored.... instead we are blessed). Do you think this spiritual experience was to aquaint you with the workings and behavior of evil spirits to train you to discern evil from holy...or to prepare you for the gift of discernment, or do you think He allowed this for other reasons?

Take a good look at the Halo in pictures above the head of people like Jesus and the saints while still in body. This is the Holy Spirit who is the same as the Spirit of Life! Look familar?...like the orb. It seems that the glowing of the halo is really the best way to sybolically communicate in a painting the glory and holiness of the Lord, and angels, and those who have the Holy Spirit living inside of them.

The Spirit of Life is a title for the Holy Spirit that gives us life in the invisible world, whom without, we would have no life in this world at all. It is one of the many ways in the bible that the Spirit was spoken of (John 6:63 'The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life)The Spirit of Life connects our invisible immortal souls through the silver cord to the visible mortal body. The silver cord is associated with the connection that provides "life" in Ecclesiastes 12:5-7.

Take a look at the almost 400 year old painting called, "Heavenly & Earthly Trinities" by Bartolome Esteban Murrillo (1617-82). You will see the Holy Spirit under Father Gods' left hand. I am wondering though...if it was depicting the Holy Spirit...why would He have His own Spirit under His own hand (which would symbolically indicate control over it) ? It is possible if this globe/orb was the painters limited current impression of the "earth/world" as he knew it in the 1600's. It would make more sense for Him to be depicted as having control over that. I guess you would ultimately have to have a conversation with the painter to see what his intended meaning was.

Also, having undergone Temporal Punishment, I've witnessed a two-way conversation with Jesus a few times and he has revealed the Spirit of Truth to me. The Spirit of Truth is another title for the Holy Spirit who remembers our whole lives including our thoughts and looks very similar to the orb! I am wondering if you would mind telling me why that feels important to you.[/quote]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

srp

Aug 27, 2012
✟15,186.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I added the blue.​

"Catechism of the Catholic Church"
pg. 370​

The forgiveness of sin and restoration of communion with God entail the remission of the eternal punishment of sin, but temporal punishment of sin remains. While patiently bearing sufferings and trials of all kinds and, when the day comes, serenely facing death, the Christian must strive to accept this temporal punishment of sin as a grace (our vocation to become Gods' adopted children). He should strive by works of mercy and charity, as well as by prayer and the various practices of penance, to put off completely the "old man" and to put on the "new man."​

******​

My spiritual experience was to receive Gods' grace.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Do you think this spiritual experience was to aquaint you with the workings and behavior of evil spirits to train you to discern evil from holy...or to prepare you for the gift of discernment, or do you think He allowed this for other reasons?

Many Christians believe that we sometimes endure temporal consequences of our actions, but overall we are forgiven of all our sin, from the act of Jesus' death and resurrection. That means we can hold fast to the forgiveness that was declared over us long ago.

Jesus teaches that we need to exercise authority over evil spirits, rather than sit defeated under them. Many people endure unnecessary suffering not necessarily because of sin, but because they have neglected to take action to assert God's authority over their loved ones and surroundings.

What did Jesus say about the persistent devils?

Mt 17:21
Faith.... "But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."

16 "I brought him to Your disciples, and they could not cure him." And Jesus answered and said, "You unbelieving and perverted generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring him here to Me."

And Jesus rebuked him, and the demon came out of him, and the boy was cured at once.Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not drive it out?"

And He said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, `Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. "But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."
We can choose to believe a religious leader's teaching that we must endure defeat and oppression under Satan's hand... or we can take hold of Jesus' teaching that disciples need to go outward and deliver people from oppression.

Mt 10:1

It's interesting that you have seen these orbs. More than once? I have heard scattered reports here on the forum, and people don't usually know what to do about them... the orbs just go away.

I don't often see evil spirits going away, without being told to leave. I'm not trying to debate what you are saying, but I do think that God wants you to have more freedom than you think. Step out in the authority of a child of the Most High God.

The Transfiguration was another example of light emanating.

Matthew 17 - NAS - without Study Resources - Study Desk

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think what you mean is "Satan only divides his house"...

...how else would it fall?

Thanks for sharing!

mmm ... not sure what made me word it that way ... but yeah, it's not right ...

... but no, that's not what i was trying to say ... was trying to say Satan isn't going to further God's cause and God wouldn't further Satan's cause ...

ty :)

Upvote 0

srp

Aug 27, 2012
✟15,186.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
parsley and lilmissmontana,

here's something that might be of interest to you two. Four years ago I had an oppurtunity to speak to Jesus in which case he spoke to me in return. I believe you two have already read my stories so I'm going to shorten this.

My questions were:

Q1: Jesus, please do not forget me and leave me here to be like these people (the human devils who did me such a considerable amount of harm).

A1: He essentially told me that I would not be forgotten and that I would be in heaven with him.

Q2: I asked him who these people were that put me in a mental hospital.

A2: He told me that they were the devils (at the time I didn't know who they were) through the Spirit of Truth.

Q3: I asked him to send down a portal (vortex - the opening to the tunnel that leads many to heaven as per NDEs.) to get these lost (they lose their memories - they could not remember their lives, their names, they didn't know that they were human spirits', nor male or female) souls into heaven.

A3: He sent down the Holy Spirit (as in those paintings I mentioned) coming down through the clouds with the precision of a guided missile projectory, stopping on a dime right in front of me and pointing right at me.

Today, I pray for and preach the gospel work of salvation to the dead. And ultimately, I pray for the end of punishment.

Upvote 0

humblewatchman

Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We do not reap punishment or have to perform any duty or pay any symbolic toll for our sins when we are truly sorry in our hearts for what we have done, and have asked His forgiveness. When the Lord forgives us, the sin is instantly forgotten. In Isaiah 43:25 God said “I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more" Note that He said He does this for His own sake.

Now in Romans 8 it is said " Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.
9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of[e] his Spirit who lives in you.
12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death (which means stop or end) the misdeeds of the body, you will live.
14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that[h] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

humblewatchman

Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mmm ... not sure what made me word it that way ... but yeah, it's not right ...

... but no, that's not what i was trying to say ... was trying to say Satan isn't going to further God's cause and God wouldn't further Satan's cause ...

ty :)

I think that satan is so blinded by his ego and anger, he inadvertently furthers God's cause all the time. What he intends for our harm, God turns into good. The harder satan works against the Lord and against us, the more he defeats himself.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Q3: I asked him to send down a portal (vortex - the opening to the tunnel that leads many to heaven as per NDEs.) to get these lost (they lose their memories - they could not remember their lives, their names, they didn't know that they were human spirits', nor male or female) souls into heaven.

A3: He sent down the Holy Spirit (as in those paintings I mentioned) coming down through the clouds with the precision of a guided missile projectory, stopping on a dime right in front of me and pointing right at me.

Today, I pray for and preach the gospel work of salvation to the dead.
That's very nice of you, to take time to pray for those around the building.

God is good, to respond to you in such a visible reassuring way.

What people are trying to say -- yes, the Holy Spirit has appeared visibly to people in scriptures and real life; but not everything that looks like it could be the Holy Spirit is from God. It was also nice of you to tell that story in a group with varied backgrounds and beliefs.

Upvote 0

notfogotten

Nov 4, 2012
✟15,112.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
srp is now notfogotten (I forgot the 'r '). reason: computer problems.

lilmissmontana -

Yes, it is not the will of our Father that we suffer at the hands of evil spirits. The family of heaven reached out to me in love to accept gods' grace to be delivered from this evil.

Gottservant -

The evil kingdom will fall because it's foundation is a lie. And a lie cannot stand in the face of the Truth. Ultimately, Jesus will come down with the Word of God and put an end to it. Amen!

humblewatchman -

We do pay for some sins in temporal punishment. The Holy Spirit brings evil spirits into our lives for these sins. You may have evil spirits in your life without even knowing it due to sin. By gods' grace we are delivered from this evil as well. God does not wish us to suffer. He does not wish us to sin. It's the spirit that's broken, not the flesh and yes we are under gods' grace.
Yes, my sufferings have been a blessing, for god has made me more wise on account of them and I know that he loves me.
God once personally dedicated a song to me, "My Fathers' Eyes'" by Amy Grant. Listen to this and you will understand me and my experience more.
I believe that the Father would actually look like a big ol' angel and the Holy Spirit would be at his left side (similar).

Upvote 0

humblewatchman

Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
srp is now notfogotten (I forgot the 'r ').
humblewatchman -

We do pay for some sins in temporal punishment. Only as in "you shall reap what you sow"..but.if forgiveness is asked/prayed for, it is finished. The Holy Spirit brings evil spirits into our lives for these sins. This is not biblical, and it may help if you could substantiate your idea by providing scripture. You may have evil spirits in your life without even knowing it due to sin. By gods' grace we are delivered from this evil as well.. God does not wish us to suffer. He does not wish us to sin. It's the spirit that's broken, not the flesh and yes we are under gods' grace. Actually, we are whole and integrated...body,mind, and spirit..Matthew 26:41
“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Yes, my sufferings have been a blessing, for god has made me more wise on account of them and I know that he loves me. Yes, He does love you, and He does this with all things that come into our lives for all who love Him.(Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose).

God once personally dedicated a song to me, "My Fathers' Eyes'" by Amy Grant. Listen to this and you will understand me and my experience more. I do understand, as we have all had similar touching experiences with Him.
I believe that the Father would actually look like a big ol' angel and the Holy Spirit would be at his left side (similar) I am glad when you picture Him, or contemplate Him....He is big.

Upvote 0