✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Matthew 22

2“The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son.

This is when Jesus and God the Father made the Heavens and the Earth, and prepared a plan for Mankind and Jesus to be together forever.

3He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

God sent the Old Testament Prophets to tell His people that Jesus was going to come but the people rejected Jesus and killed Him.

4“Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’

These are the Christians who have been telling the World that Jesus is going to return.

5“But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7
The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

This Jesus' second coming.

8“Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

This will be during the Millennial reign of Christ.

11“But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.

This is Satan.

13“Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14“For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

At the Wedding banquet will be the Great Multitude who were invited and the 144,000 who are the chosen.

Last edited:

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
8“Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

This will be during the Millennial reign of Christ.

To at least some degree....
this is happening right now.

Books and movies like "Heaven is for Real" is expanding the invitation to thousands of people who may never be reached by individual Christians. Also... Mr. Colton Burpo's testimony is softening people up so that they are more willing to listen when a Christian friend does talk to them about salvation.

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

To at least some degree....
this is happening right now.

Books and movies like "Heaven is for Real" is expanding the invitation to thousands of people who may never be reached by individual Christians. Also... Mr. Colton Burpo's testimony is softening people up so that they are more willing to listen when a Christian friend does talk to them about salvation.
And people like Ian McCormack:

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would consider the one without a wedding garment to be one who tried to clothe himself for the event.

Wedding garments were often provided by the host. It is God Himself who prepares us to be in His Presence.

Those who think they are preparing, but doing so according to their own methods and efforts, risk finding that they are not properly prepared to be in the Presence of Our Lord.

There is not much to learn by thinking that Satan himself tried to sneak in unnoticed.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would consider the one without a wedding garment to be one who tried to clothe himself for the event.

Wedding garments were often provided by the host. It is God Himself who prepares us to be in His Presence.

Those who think they are preparing, but doing so according to their own methods and efforts, risk finding that they are not properly prepared to be in the Presence of Our Lord.

There is not much to learn by thinking that Satan himself tried to sneak in unnoticed.

It says he was not wearing wedding clothes:

11“But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes.

There's nothing about him being given wedding clothes or sneaking in. That's adding to scripture. But you are right that it is God who gives us our wedding clothes. Our wedding garment is Jesus blood and His Holy Spirit which covers our sin and shame with His glory.

Thanks for your post.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It says he was not wearing wedding clothes:

11“But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes.

There's nothing about him being given wedding clothes or sneaking in. That's adding to scripture. But you are right that it is God who gives us our wedding clothes. Our wedding garment is Jesus blood and His Holy Spirit which covers our sin and shame with His glory.

Thanks for your post.
Yes, I know that's what it says. :) It was not my intent to add to Scripture. Historical and cultural context can be enriching though.

But we will have to agree to disagree. I'm not interested in arguing, just mentioning a perspective. I find a lesson in the guest being one improperly prepared, and there are other reasons this appears not to be Satan in a primary interpretation.

I would add that God desires not only to make us "appear to be" like Christ, but actually like Him in the life of the age to come. Glory to God!

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I know that's what it says. :) It was not my intent to add to Scripture. Historical and cultural context can be enriching though.

But we will have to agree to disagree. I'm not interested in arguing, just mentioning a perspective. I find a lesson in the guest being one improperly prepared, and there are other reasons this appears not to be Satan in a primary interpretation.

I would add that God desires not only to make us "appear to be" like Christ, but actually like Him in the life of the age to come. Glory to God!

It is Satan because it relates to these verses:

Isaiah 14
12How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!
13You said in your heart, “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.
14I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.”
15But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit.
16Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: “Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble,
17the man who made the world a wilderness, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?”

He will be speechless when he is judged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is Satan because it relates to this verse:

Isaiah 14
12How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!
13You said in your heart, “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.
14I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.”
15But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit.
16Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: “Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble,
17the man who made the world a wilderness, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?”

He will be speechless when judged.
Like I said we will have to agree to disagree. There are other passages that speak about Satan as well as those who consider themselves saved but are lacking essential elements.

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Like I said we will have to agree to disagree. There are other passages that speak about Satan as well as those who consider themselves saved but are lacking essential elements.
Please by all means post them and I will help you to understand them correctly.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please by all means post them and I will help you to understand them correctly.
Your concern is touching. :)

I have trusted sources for understanding Scripture, thank you. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums