United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

What about this other Revelation.
The part that stands out to me is John being there after the ascension of Jesus.

Who's to say John couldn't have been taken away in the Spirit to Patmos after the ascenstion in Acts 1? Mt Tabor could also be symbolic of being spiritually on Patmos.

CHURCH FATHERS: Home

CHURCH FATHERS: Revelation of St. John

After the taking up of our Lord Jesus Christ, I John was alone upon Mount Tabor, where also He showed us His undefiled Godhead; and as I was not able to stand, I fell upon the ground, and prayed to the Lord, and said: O Lord my God, who hast deemed me worthy to be Your servant, hear my voice, and teach me about Your coming........................
................And again I heard a voice saying to me: Behold, you have heard all these things, righteous John; deliver them to faithful men, that they also may teach others, and not think lightly of them, nor cast our pearls before swine, lest perchance they should trample them with their feet. Matthew 7:6

And what about this verse?

Rev 10:11
and he saith to me, 'It behoveth thee again to prophesy about peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings -- many.'

===============================================

Paul mentioned a man going to the 3rd heaven in 2 Corinthians:

2Co 12:2
I have known a man in Christ, fourteen years ago -- whether in the body I have not known, whether out of the body I have not known, God hath known -- such an one being caught away unto the third heaven;

Reactions: joyshirley

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
After the taking up of our Lord Jesus Christ, I John was alone upon Mount Tabor, where also He showed us His undefiled Godhead; and as I was not able to stand, I fell upon the ground, and prayed to the Lord, and said:

Here are a few OT verses concerning Mt Tabor:

Jer 46:18
I live -- an affirmation of the King, Jehovah of Hosts is His name,
Surely as Tabor is among mountains, And as Carmel by the sea -- he cometh in,
Hos 5:1
'Hear this, O priests, and attend, O house of Israel, And, O house of the king, give ear,
For the judgment is for you, For, a snare ye have been on Mizpah, And a net spread out on Tabor

Mt Tabor is said to be where the Transfiguration of Jesus ocurred........

Matthew 17:5
Still of Him speaking, behold!
a luminous cloud overshadows them and behold! a Voice out of the cloud saying "this is being the Son of Me, the Beloved, in Whom I well-pleased<2106>, be ye hearing Him!

Mark 9:7
And became a cloud overshadowing the and became a voice out of the cloud saying " this is being the Son of Me, the Beloved, be ye hearing Him!
Luke 9:35
and a Voice became out of the cloud saying "this is the Son of Me, the one having been chosen, Him be ye hearing!

A little bit of the history of Mt Tabor..........Fascinating study

Mount Tabor - Wikipedia

For other uses, see Mount Tabor (disambiguation).
Mount Tabor

Highest point
Elevation
575 m (1,886 ft)
Coordinates
17px-WMA_button2b.png
32°41′14″N 35°23′25″ECoordinates:
17px-WMA_button2b.png
32°41′14″N 35°23′25″E
Geography

16px-Red_triangle_with_thick_white_border.svg.png

Mount Tabor
Lower Galilee, Israel
Mount Tabor (Hebrew: הר תבור, Modern: Har Tavor, Tiberian: Har Tāḇôr, Greek Όρος Θαβώρ) is located in Lower Galilee, Israel, at the eastern end of the Jezreel Valley, 11 miles (18 km) west of the Sea of Galilee.

In the Hebrew Bible (Joshua, Judges), Mount Tabor is the site of the Battle of Mount Tabor between the Israelite army under the leadership of Barak and the army of the Canaanite king of Hazor, Jabin, commanded by Sisera.

In Christian tradition, Mount Tabor is the site of the Transfiguration of Jesus.[1]

History

1855 painting of Mount Tabor

Mount Tabor, 1912

Mount Tabor, 2011
At the bottom of the mountain was an important road junction: Via Maris passed there from the Jezreel Valley northward towards Damascus. Its location on the road junction and its bulgy formation above its environment gave Mount Tabor a strategic value and wars were conducted in its area in different periods in history.

Hebrew Bible
The mountain is mentioned for the first time in the Hebrew Bible, in Joshua 19:22, as border of three tribes: Zebulun, Issachar and Naphtali. The mountain's importance stems from its strategic control of the junction of the Galilee's north-south route with the east-west highway of the Jezreel Valley.

According to the Book of Judges, Hazor was the seat of Jabin, the king of Canaan, whose commander, Sisera, led a Canaanite army against the Israelites. Deborah the Jewish prophetess summoned Barak of the tribe of Naphtali and gave him God's command, "Go and draw toward mount Tabor, and take with thee ten thousand men of the children of Naphtali and of the children of Zebulun" (Judges).4:6). Descending from the mountain, the Israelites attacked and vanquished Sisera and the Canaanites.

Second Temple period
In the days of the Second Temple (c. 516 BCE – 70 CE), Mount Tabor was one of the mountain peaks on which it was the custom to light beacons in order to inform the northern villages of Jewish holy days and of the beginning of new months.

Roman period
In 55 BCE, during a Hasmonean rebellion against the Roman proconsul of Syria, Aulus Gabinius, Alexander of Judaea and his army of 30,000 Judeans was defeated in bat

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0