Visit site
✟117,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yes, my reply wasn't clear. The author of the "lifesitenews" post is an OCA archpriest. Which makes the depth of misunderstanding truly puzzling, but I must charitably chalk it up to ignorance and honest mistakes in the service of some greater truth.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, my reply wasn't clear. The author of the "lifesitenews" post is an OCA archpriest. Which makes the depth of misunderstanding truly puzzling, but I must charitably chalk it up to ignorance and honest mistakes in the service of some greater truth.
Yes, that is puzzling. If no one changed his words. I know myself, even having limited experience, that there are certain inaccuracies. None of the priests I know would say things in this way.

So I don't know what to think.

But then again, I also know a "renegade bishop" who apparently holds actual rank, and says some pretty outrageous things as well.

I don't know. Maybe it's a case for jurisdictional unity on this continent, needing oversight that is more in keeping with the canons of the Church? We all know we have a less than ideal situation due to the Church being established through immigration in North America, but it takes time to repair (not to mention none of us want to lose our local cultural traditions).

Upvote 0