The Order of Salvation

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
What is the order of salvation to you? There is no right or wrong answer in this thread I'm just curious about how other denominations believe they are saved and the order in which it happens. My order of Salvation is this:

1. Predestination. God before the foundation of the world predestined his elect to be saved (Ephesians 1:4-10)

2. Atonement. When God died on the cross for the sins of the elect in order that they may be Justified before God. (John 10:15, 1 John 4:10)

3. Gospel Call. The person hears about Jesus from the word of God and God begins his work in regeneration. (Romans 10:17)

4. Internal Call and Regeneration. While hearing the word of God from somebody else the person is inwardly called by the Holy Spirit and By Christ. (Romans 10:10, John 6:37)

5. Regeneration. The Holy Spirit Regenerates the person being saved so that they can accept the gospel. (John 3:3, John 6:44, Titus 3:5)

6. Conversion. Faith and Repentance is born and the person in question goes to Jesus for Salvation. (Mark 1:15, John 6:37, Ephesians 2:8-9)

7. Justification. Jesus accepts the repentance and faith and the Father declares the person Justified (No longer guilty for their sins). (John 6:37-40, Romans 3:28, Galatians 4:5,
Habakkuk 2:4, Romans 1:17)

8. Adoption. The Father adopts the person in question as his child securing their salvation forever. (Isaiah 40:31, James 1:27, Matthew 25:40)

9. Sanctification. Over the course of the persons life God continues to sanctify them daily to be completed when the person dies. (Ephesians 1:4, 2 Thessalonians 2:13, 2 Timothy 2:21, Phillipians 1:6)

10. Glorification. The final step in the chain of salvation. Every Believer in Christ will be made completely Holy, Sinless, and Immortal on the day our Lord returns and will be with him forever.

That's what I think. How does yours vary or is the same?

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I guess it would depend on your definition of predestination. I believe our preordainment is the result of our abiding in Christ to the end, not the cause of our abiding in Him.
Take that away from the listing, and you have 2 thru 9 still in place, no?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Take that away from the listing, and you have 2 thru 9 still in place, no?

Well I wouldn’t take predestination away, I do agree that is the order of salvation although it seems to me that atonement and justification are the same thing. I think one could argue that justification took place at preordainment.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well I wouldn’t take predestination away, I do agree that is the order of salvation although it seems to me that atonement and justification are the same thing. I think one could argue that justification took place at preordainment.
I don't think that justification can precede Grace, not by either the predestinarian POV or the freewill POV.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that justification can precede Grace, not by either the predestinarian POV or the freewill POV.

That’s an interesting point. You could be correct or justification could’ve been taken into account before Christ’s atonement by God’s omniscience. The manner in which Moses and Elijah met to talk with Jesus before He was crucified seems to suggest to me that they were already justified and atoned because of their glorious persona.

“And behold, two men were talking with Him; and they were Moses and Elijah, who, appearing in glory, were speaking of His departure which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭9:30-31‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That’s an interesting point. You could be correct or justification could’ve been taken into account before Christ’s atonement by God’s omniscience. ‬‬
Reason suggests that possibility, but theologically-speaking, it's God's Grace imparted to the person that makes it possible, and that's the case even if we agree with the Predestinarians.

It's "pre" the birth of that person's birth when the "destining" is made, but the actual imparting of Grace that makes Faith possible doesn't precede that person's life.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reason suggests that possibility, but theologically-speaking, it's God's Grace imparted to the person that makes it possible, and that's the case even if we agree with the Predestinarians.

It's "pre" the birth of that person's birth when the "destining" is made, but the actual imparting of Grace that makes Faith possible doesn't precede that person's life.

It’s difficult to say for sure. I personally don’t believe someone can be erased from the book of life and a person being written in before the foundation of the world could indicate God bestowing grace upon them at that time. I mean it’s inevitable so it’s hard to say exactly when that takes place but it appears to me that Moses and Elijah were already justified before Christ’s sacrifice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I mean it’s inevitable so it’s hard to say exactly when that takes place but it appears to me that Moses and Elijah were already justified before Christ’s sacrifice.
Customarily, it is believed that they and other OT heroes were not able to enter heaven until the Crucifixion, however. They are believed to have been in Abraham's Bosom AKA Paradise until then and with the accomplishment of Christ's sacrifice for sin they then went on to heaven.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Customarily, it is believed that they and other OT heroes were not able to enter heaven until the Crucifixion, however. They are believed to have been in Abraham's Bosom AKA Paradise until then and with the accomplishment of Christ's sacrifice for sin they then went on to heaven.

Yes I’m aware of this, but I still think it’s uncertain if they were justified or not. Their appearance in glory could mean a number of things.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is the order of salvation to you? ...

1. Forgiveness of sins is declared
2. person accepts it and is saved from the judgment that would come because of sin.

But, salvation means only that sins are forgiven and person is saved from the judgment. It does not necessarily mean person gets eternal life, because it is promised for righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is the order of salvation to you? There is no right or wrong answer in this thread I'm just curious about how other denominations believe they are saved and the order in which it happens. My order of Salvation is this:

1. Predestination. God before the foundation of the world predestined his elect to be saved (Ephesians 1:4-10)

2. Atonement. When God died on the cross for the sins of the elect in order that they may be Justified before God. (John 10:15, 1 John 4:10)

3. Gospel Call. The person hears about Jesus from the word of God and God begins his work in regeneration. (Romans 10:17)

4. Internal Call and Regeneration. While hearing the word of God from somebody else the person is inwardly called by the Holy Spirit and By Christ. (Romans 10:10, John 6:37)

5. Regeneration. The Holy Spirit Regenerates the person being saved so that they can accept the gospel. (John 3:3, John 6:44, Titus 3:5)

6. Conversion. Faith and Repentance is born and the person in question goes to Jesus for Salvation. (Mark 1:15, John 6:37, Ephesians 2:8-9)

7. Justification. Jesus accepts the repentance and faith and the Father declares the person Justified (No longer guilty for their sins). (John 6:37-40, Romans 3:28, Galatians 4:5,
Habakkuk 2:4, Romans 1:17)

8. Adoption. The Father adopts the person in question as his child securing their salvation forever. (Isaiah 40:31, James 1:27, Matthew 25:40)

9. Sanctification. Over the course of the persons life God continues to sanctify them daily to be completed when the person dies. (Ephesians 1:4, 2 Thessalonians 2:13, 2 Timothy 2:21, Phillipians 1:6)

10. Glorification. The final step in the chain of salvation. Every Believer in Christ will be made completely Holy, Sinless, and Immortal on the day our Lord returns and will be with him forever.

That's what I think. How does yours vary or is the same?
My thoughts:
1. God predestined prior to man’s time beginning to save all those who humbly accept His charity, but not individuals by name.

2. A newly conceived baby starts out in a “safe” condition not needing to be saved, because the baby has not sinned, yet.

3. Shortly after reaching the age of accountability the person rebelliously disobeys God (sins) and is in need of salvation.

4. The person becomes hell bound, without reason to “Love” God and the desire for the perceived pleasures of sin makes God his/her hated enemy.

5. Sins (acts of hurting others) burdens the person’s heart for at least a while (until the heart becomes hard)?

6. The actions of the person put them in a deadly spiral of hurt with no way to personally rescue themselves.

7. The person attempts to seek and find an escape.

8. The truth about their enemy God is presented to him/her while they are spiraling down to the pigsty of life at times they come to their senses, so they have the opportunity to make an autonomous free will choice to be macho, hang in there, pay the piper and be willing to accept the punishment they fully deserve or they can wimp out, give up on self and surrender to their enemy in hopes/trust/faith of just the possibility the enemy might provide undeserved charity.

9. God showers the surrendered who is still hating Him, with unbelievable wonderful gifts including eternal life, Love, fellowship, new friends, new family, purpose, and a home in heaven.

10. As a result of this Godly type Love and out of gratitude for all these wonderful gifts the person wants to join God’s army, be obedient to God, be baptized, be His child, accept being crucified with Christ (God’s Loving disciplining) and Love others.

11. With this new Godly type Love and with the little faith the person has shown, the Love and faith can now grow with use, to be more and more like Christ.

Upvote 0