The only thing that matters—It May surprise you !

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul was weary arguing with the legalists at Galatia.He finally said all the things they had been arguing about meant nothing .The “only” thing that mattered ,he claimed was a new and changed life. I was changed from a drunken,skirt chasing atheist into a sober,happily married Believer.Does anybody else care to share how God changed them and their lives? I am still in the process of being changed,for as you can see, I am nosy......lol

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟75,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was addicted to inappropriate content.
I had multiple hard drives full of it. And a 300 GB external HD full.
Then the police caught me and I went away for almost 5 years because a lot of it was illegal.
God changed my life while I was in prison.
I learned so much of God's Word that some people referred to me as "The walking Bible".

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was addicted to inappropriate content.
I had multiple hard drives full of it. And a 300 GB external HD full.
Then the police caught me and I went away for almost 5 years because a lot of it was illegal.
God changed my life while I was in prison.
I learned so much of God's Word that some people referred to me as "The walking Bible".

There are many walking Bibles out there that are clueless to the Spirit of the book they supposedly know so well.God has gifted you with insight toward His book...that is the valuable thing..as for inappropriate contentography, I think countless thousands of Believers have struggled with that temptation....I know I hAve.."...I thank God for His grace

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟75,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are many walking Bibles out there that are clueless to the Spirit of the book they supposedly know so well.God has gifted you with insight toward His book...that is the valuable thing..as for inappropriate contentography, I think countless thousands of Believers have struggled with that temptation....I know I hAve.."...I thank God for His grace
The reason I learned so much of the Word was because of an insatiable hunger for God and His Word.
And yes there are many people who know the Bible well who have no clue as to what it is talking about.
For starters, the devil knows it well, he quoted some to Jesus. But if he could have figured out the Bible he would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 1 Corinthians 2:6-8
The Pharisees knew the Torah well, as youths they were required to memorize the Pentateuch.
But they clearly had no clue what was going on.
There are atheists today who can quote more Scripture than many Christians can ;(
But they clearly have no clue.

What makes the difference is knowing the Author.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The reason I learned so much of the Word was because of an insatiable hunger for God and His Word.
And yes there are many people who know the Bible well who have no clue as to what it is talking about.
For starters, the devil knows it well, he quoted some to Jesus. But if he could have figured out the Bible he would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 1 Corinthians 2:6-8
The Pharisees knew the Torah well, as youths they were required to memorize the Pentateuch.
But they clearly had no clue what was going on.
There are atheists today who can quote more Scripture than many Christians can :sad:
But they clearly have no clue.

What makes the difference is knowing the Author.

Doug I had the same experience....I read the entire Bible at work in my spare time....I always had the tv tuned to a preacher I loved that was on all the time....I listened to McGee,Oliver Greene Charles Stanley and many other great preachers on the radio...?When I wasn’t home I taped the tv and radio....read hundreds of books...I just could not get enough....now that I am retired,I’m even “more” obsessed....I “ can’t get enough of it.quite a change for a n avowed atheist...wonder what caused such a change in a man who till this day is not “religious” ? Faith plus nothing sure changed my life..Paul said that in the end,it was the ONLY thing that mattered....a changed life. Amazing.....and I mean AMAZING grace!

Upvote 0