Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree that impeachment would be counter productive. He was elected by the people by the same method other presidents have been.
The only instance that I can see impeachment being necessary would be if there was an exceptionally clear proof of obstruction of justice.
The first impeachment was when Johnson fired his minister of war, the Congress had passed a law prohibiting him from doing that. Nixon fires the AG to get someone who would fire the special prosecuter, the tapes proved clear criminal intent. This is reserved for abuse of power, a President who has abused his authority to the point of criminal behavior. Trump is walking a fine line, obstruction has to be with clear intent. I think it's clear he fired Comey because of the 'slightly nauseous' remark thinking he was casting asspirsions on his election victory. Barring some nefarious relationship with Russia I don't see a crime here, at least not yet. If he is deposed he had better realize the courts are not his Twitter account. This ends with him being deposed, the last thing I want is an impeachment. I want him neutralized by a Democrat Congress and a humiliating loss in 2020. That would be justice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Comey released his notes about what Trump said about wanting his loyalty and about going easy on Flynn. I think that is why Trump fired him.
I thing that was part of it but a supporter was in a video conference with Trump when he heard the 'slightly naseous' remark, she said he went 'white hot'. He also has called the Russia collusion investigation an excuse for losing the election. The reopening of the Clinton email scandal was the October surprise that decided the outcome. Trump did want Comey to let Flynn go, which was impossible with Flynn being a unregistered foriegn agent. Most crimes require either have to meet the burden of proof based on the legal definition. I just don't see that in his conversation with Comey. Opinions vary and not all the facts are in.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm a Republican. I've never hated Trump or anybody else, but I sure as heck don't support or respect him. I cannot support or respect him. I hope a decent, qualified Republican candidate, hopefully someone who is a genuine Christian & not a phony ponying for votes, will challenge him in 2020.
...and go down in flames, exactly as every one of the other 16 candidates for the 2016 Republican Presidential nomination would have done last November if any one of them had been the nominee instead of Donald Trump.

For the most part, Republican voters have finally gotten past the idea that losing while not offending the Democrats, the New York Times, and CNN is preferable to winning and actually getting the opportunity to help the country and the people.

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...and go down in flames, exactly as every one of the other 16 candidates for the 2016 Republican Presidential nomination would have done last November if any one of them had been the nominee instead of Donald Trump.

For the most part, Republican voters have finally gotten past the idea that losing while not offending the Democrats, the New York Times, and CNN is preferable to winning and actually getting the opportunity to help the country and the people.
Great post and great example. Thank you.

This does seem to be the prevailing thinking for a considerable percentage of the American population: Winning is more important than electing a competent leader.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Well now some folks do hold onto that pessimistic view, but I think there's plenty of Americans who will not repeat the mistakes of 2016 in 2020. What Trump has proven on a daily basis, with his shameful incompetence & disgraceful ways, is how winning at any cost has an enormous cost.

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
On the other hand, President Trump's base that got him elected still supports him.

So why do Democrats think they are getting anywhere with their attacks?

Edit:

In the title, where I say, "The ones who hate Trump now are the same ones who hated him before," by "before" I mean during the 2016 election campaign.

You have been ignorant if you are running with this claptrap. It is the same insulting myopia that keeps his supporters in enmity with the world, if you care.

Most people don't enough about that man to HATE him: hate requires a lot love lost, and most people have never loved Trump since he was putting his name on economically stolen buildings.

Most people who don't worship Trump, and are honest, see his bull for what it is. The world isnt infatuated by Trump, and we aren't willing to sacrifice our dignity just to support a president that is *NOT OBAMA* - just because.

Trump's supporters may think their intentions and hearts are socially and psychologically clandestine. But his supporters are also blinded from seeing that every time they defend questionable, prejudiced and disgusting behavior by deflection and ad hominem (or flat out,) They expose themselves behind any veneer they put up.

I do not hate Trump, but I have family in America. It would be nice if I can have some confidence that my family wasnt going to be nuked to oblivion, because the actual US president is provoking the volatile rogue leader of a nuclear nation backed by two bigger, harder superpowers.

It would be nice if I had confidence that (given the law I actually read on the .gov website that is passed under American's noses) the wall was really to protect America, not to distract Americans with a weak racist issue, while hiding the fact that the wall is to KEEP PEOPLE IN... You know, after the calm; before the storm.

It would be nice if America was honest in the 70s and didn't push the racism from active to passive and systemic. Now we have a generations of adults who have been taught bull, and truly believe their stupidity is just because "people are hating..."

And it would be nice if more people could see these dangers instead of trying to reach a carrot made just for you - dangling on a bedazzled string just for you (i.e. the same bull like prejudice, ignorance and lack of love.)

But the main reason I cannot "hate" anyone? We all play agency; someone has to be the Trump supporters, for example, in this life iteration. I hope they snap out one day, and really look at themselves so that they are only agents of God (if they want to be.)

The elections in the WORLD are side shows and distractions. All US candidates are related. I would suggest people go to a physical library and research in older books the presidency, and the history of what you really support. It all has a spiritual implication no matter what your alignment.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You have been ignorant if you are running with this claptrap. It is the same insulting myopia that keeps his supporters in enmity with the world, if you care.
"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." - Jesus, the Christ, the Son of the living God (Jn 15:18-19)

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." - Jesus, the Christ, the Son of the living God (Jn 15:18-19)
Trump is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his brand’s sake.

The Trump Bible: coming to a Christian book store near you soon.

• Haha
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Right. Christ. People hate Christ for no reason, because Christ IS perfect. Real "haters" despise goodness and perfection because it exposes their own imperfections.

TRUMP IS NOT CHRIST. It is doubtful that he is Christian, as he said he doesn't think he has anything to ask for forgiveness for.

I certainly don't hate my Savior, and it would be egregiously dishonest to compare people who have valid concerns about Trump with Antichrists that live to hate the Christ. You aren't comparing people who have valid concerns about Trump with Antichrists that live to hate the Christ, right?

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Trump is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his brand’s sake.

Protect your intellectual property.

Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

He stealith my money, he liath to my face and he sleepth with my 14 year old sister

Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trump’s ancestors came to America illegally. Trump is
“German”
and he & his should be deported NOW!!!!

At least we should see if his passport is in order

I want to see his birth certificate !!!

Donald Trump, with German ancestry from his father and Scottish ancestry from his mother, millionaire real estate developer Donald Trump epitomizes the American immigrant experience. Born to Frederick and Mary MacLeod Trump in Queens, New York on June 14, 1946, Donald John Trump learned the real-estate business firsthand from his father who, himself, began in the family construction business at the age of 13 when his own father (Donald's grandfather) died in the influenza epidemic of 1918.

Frederick Christ Trump, grandfather of Donald Trump, was also a true American entrepreneur. Immigrating to America in 1885, he began his fortune running the Arctic Restaurant and Hotel in Bennett, British Columbia, during the Klondike Gold Rush. Christine, who would later become his wife, was only 5 when he left Germany, but they kept in touch by mail and eventually married.

Donald Trump's German and Scottish Family Tree

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums