Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What exactly are you correcting? I don't dispute those statistics at all, but my post was breaking up the 62,979,636 voters who voted for 45 into those who were the true base who voted for him because they love him and think he's great, and the others who only voted for him because they didn't like Hillary or because they believed what he said about jobs/healthcare. It had nothing whatsoever to do with the people who voted for Hillary.

My point was that 45's true and loyal base is likely much less than the percentage of the population who voted for him, which was about 25% according to the post I was responding to.

What exactly are you correcting? I don't dispute

who voted for him because they love him and”.,..

.,,.“think he's great,” .,.,

.,.,“and the others who only voted for him because they didn't like Hillary”.,.,.

or because they believed what he said about jobs/healthcare.”

It had nothing whatsoever to do with the people who voted for Hillary.”

.,.,.,.,,.,, I need to google the term “dispute” before I can move on.,,.

Later :)-

Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What exactly are you correcting? I don't dispute

who voted for him because they love him and”.,..

.,,.“think he's great,” .,.,

.,.,“and the others who only voted for him because they didn't like Hillary”.,.,.

or because they believed what he said about jobs/healthcare.”

It had nothing whatsoever to do with the people who voted for Hillary.”

.,.,.,.,,.,, I need to google the term “dispute” before I can move on
Later :)-

Voters in the United States Of America don't elect the President by popular vote. And those who do vote are more concerned about today and tomorrow and the day after.

Those petty excuses above just doesn't hold water.

No offence intended or implied :)-

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Voters in the United States Of America don't elect the President by popular vote. And those who do vote are more concerned about today and tomorrow and the day after.

Those petty excuses above just doesn't hold water.

No offence intended or implied :)-

I honestly have no clue what you are talking about. Nothing I was discussing had anything to do with the popular vote vs. the electoral or the percentage of people who voted for Hillary. It had nothing to with who won or who lost or even if Bernie would have won.

About 25% of the U.S. population voted for 45, so the majority of people did not vote for him. I suggested that 45's most devoted voters were less than 25% because a part of that percentage only voted for him because they didn't want to vote for Hillary or because they actually believed he would solve their economic problems.

I have no clue where you are getting ANY of this other stuff from or how it is even remotely relevant to what I posted.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The electoral college in the United States is basically the popular vote in each state. The system helps to ensure that all 50 states are represented in a presidential election.

And thereby values states more highly than the people who live in them...

• Agree
Reactions: jardiniere
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The electoral college in the United States is basically the popular vote in each state. The system helps to ensure that all 50 states are represented in a presidential election.
...except for when it gets another Republican into office that a majority of the Americans who voted didn't actually vote for. And it's not surprising conservatives/Republicans like it: two, of the last three Republican Presidents only got into office because of it. As an aside? No Democrat has ever gotten elected President that lost the popular vote, only Republicans. :wave:
tulc(is just pointing some things out) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tooldtocare
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I didn't want 45 to win, but at the same time it's not enough just to get more votes than the other person. You have to get more votes in the right places to win both popular and electoral. Hillary didn't get votes in some of the places she really needed to get them, and one reason for it is because she completely ignored those places, mostly ignored telling people what she would do for them and how she would help them (it's not enough to point to a platform on a website that almost no one visits but the most diehard), and almost entirely focused on how bad 45 is. It's bad strategy to run a campaign based on your being somewhat less bad than the opponent, especially for Democrats. The sad thing is that I'm not sure that the Democratic party in general is learning from those mistakes.

Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[QUOTE="bekkilyn, post: 71374151], Hillary didn't get votes in some of the places she really needed to get them, and one reason for it is because,.,.,.. she completely ignored.,.,.
(Hillary was elected by the majority of the votes cast) In your post you used the name "Hillary" and by supposition you went on to explain why people voted for this or that candidate. For this reason I felt my post was relevant to this discussion. After all it is this process that gets someone into the White House, is it not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I suggested that 45's most devoted voters were less than 25% because a part of that percentage only voted for him because they didn't want to vote for Hillary

Seems that most Liberals that didn't want to vote for Hillary either went independent or didn't vote at all.

Others may have wanted relief from the Clinton warped machine and with Trump they got exactly that -- true change.

Note -- it will take time to drain the swamp. It's a cruddy place.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
(Hillary was elected by the majority of the votes cast) In your post you used the name "Hillary" and by supposition you went on to explain why people voted for this or that candidate. For this reason I felt my post was relevant to this discussion. After all it is this process that gets someone into the White House, is it not?

My first post had nothing to do with the context of my second post as I was responding to two completely different things, and I am now done exchanging words with you as you keep taking everything I say out of context for no comprehensible reason.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Seems that most Liberals that didn't want to vote for Hillary either went independent or didn't vote at all.

Others may have wanted relief from the Clinton warped machine and with Trump they got exactly that -- true change.

M-Bob

There are a number of non-liberals that don't like him but still voted for him anyway for various reasons, and I know of a few who voted for the libertarian guy, so there were 3rd party votes on the conservative side as well because even though they couldn't tolerate Hillary, they considered 45 too loathsome of an alternative.

Unfortunately, 45 keeps putting more and more alligators into the swamp so it's starting to get a bit packed in there at the moment. That swamp isn't going to be drained anytime soon, and it seems it's starting to upset some of his non-loyal voters.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)

M-Bob
since when did "drain the swamp" come to mean: "put the swamp in charge of the government and allow them unfettered access to what ever they want!"? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
since when did "drain the swamp" come to mean: "put the swamp in charge of the government and allow them unfettered access to what ever they want!"? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:
Since 2016.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
The ones who hate President Trump now are the same ones who hated him before

Hate is not a word in the Lord’s vocabulary. Please select a term other than “hate” if you want Him to understand you
"Lyin" Ted Cruz

"Little" Marco Rubio

"Low energy" Jeb Bush

"Crooked" Hillary

"Nut Job" Comey

"fake news" media

It has become "The Donald's" trademark is to personally "demonize" everybody and everything that stands in his way!

His supporters seem to forget that it was the Trump and the "birthers" who has spent the last 8 years trying to undermine the legitimacy of America's first "black" Presidency!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I truly believe Trump will be impeached before the end of 2017. I would go so far as to bet anyone who feels different.

Check your wallet -- you may be short some funds?
M-Bob

Upvote 0