• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The One Year Bible

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by MitchW, Aug 18, 2019.

1. MitchW

MitchW New Member Supporter

+63
    United States
    United Ch. of Christ
    Married
    I am starting to read The One Year Bible with scripture recommendations each day. Maybe others would like to read along and we discuss what we read. We may not be able to keep up so just reading the One Day Verses when one can, would be just fine.

Here are the recommended verses for today, August 18:

August 18 Esther 1:1–3:15 1 Corinthians 11:17-34 Psalm 35:17-28 Proverbs 21:19-20

The One Year Bible NIV . Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. AlexDTX

AlexDTX Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,417
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    There are various versions of the one year bible. Personally, I don't like jumping around.

The entire Bible can be read straight through in one year if you simply read 3 chapters a day.

3. JustRachel

JustRachel He welcomed me back! <3 Supporter

+548
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    This is the same one that I've been doing since November. I am enjoying it. Glad that we are now in Esther since it is one of my favorite books. They have other plans on the site for those who like to read straight through or whatever. Glad to have you reading along with me, Mitch!

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  4. MitchW

+63
    United States
    United Ch. of Christ
    Married
    Rachel,

Thanks for that information. At that site they say one must use the NLT for a time frame reading through the year and the NIV for the reading of four parts in different section each day.

The site is here:

August One Year Bible Readings - One Year Bible Online

Everyone can now read the same thing at that site using the Chronological path with the NLT or the 4 Section path with the NIV.

All of us can follow along with each other now every day.

Praise be to God. Amen.

5. MitchW

+63
    United States
    United Ch. of Christ
    Married
    Rachel,

If you click on the arrow for the date, you can get the AUDIO instead of the print. I like that even better. Alex can get his chronological daily reading the same way at that site.

6. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,559
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I did something like that once. I made it a New Year's resolution to read the Bible from cover to cover in one year starting on January 1st. I calculated that about 2.5 pages per day of my bible would get me there. I ended up seeing so many new things when reading it that way that it became interesting enough to read more than I needed to. I think I finished Revelation in October of that year. I sure took quite a few notes along the way.

7. AlexDTX

AlexDTX Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,417
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I do think reading the Bible in a chronological order is helpful, too. But not with those edited books that make it hard to figure out where the stories come from. I like reading the OT chronologically in parallel. For example, Kings and the Prophets of those times simultaneously. Or Samuel and the Psalms of David together.

8. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+104,215
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Hi Mitch. Thank you.

Today is Saturday 8/24. I'm listening to the audio.

God bless you.

:)